Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The early Judas Priest albums

Go down 
+43
candlemass
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
jettafiend
BearOnUnicycle
Chrome Locust
SAHB Healer
tul
kmorg
sheets
Gilbert
AchrisK
80s Metal Lady
Vexer6
brokentulsa
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
stepcousin
Wurthless
journeyman
tohostudios
Lari
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
EvyMetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
Wargod
Dark Horseman
chewie
James B.
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Orion Crystal Ice
sidmaximus
manny
MetallicSeminarian
MoonChild
stormspell
Alex Dee Rokket
luckymallet
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:42 am

'Turning Circles' is cool and has got a nice groove....but 'You Say Yes'... I say no no no!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 am

S.D. wrote:
I personally can't understand the hate for "You Say Yes", I've always loved that groove...it would fit together nicely in a playlist with "Burnin' Up" from HBFL.

I just find it to be annoying and un-catchy, and the lyrics are the worst that Priest has ever written, give me Parental Guidance any day!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
'Turning Circles' is cool and has got a nice groove....but 'You Say Yes'... I say no no no!

Vexer6 wrote:
I just find it to be annoying and un-catchy, and the lyrics are the worst that Priest has ever written, give me Parental Guidance any day!

Totally agree with both posts.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 am

I know this is not the topic, but i was glad to read on the band's website, that they are currently in the studio working on the new album.

Hope we can expect a summer release.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:42 am

NO KK NO PRIEST

...right?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 am

stormspell wrote:
Painkiller is a monster of an album. If I have to pick one power/speed album to show people what its all about, that would be Painkiller. It simply redefined the genre and spurred tons of bands like Primal Fear, Iron Saviour, Silent Scream, etc. still trying to emulate it to this very day...

My top 5 JP albums. The actual order can vary slightly depending on my mood. Today it is:

1. Painkiller
2. Sad Wings of Destiny
3. Defenders of the Faith
4. Turbo
5. Screaming for Vengeance

Excellent post and point about Painkiller. I really like Painkiller as well and don't get the hatred for it. Sounds like killer Priest to me. I also love Angel of Retribution, which seems to get a lot of hatred from fans.

Hard to limit to only 5 but...
1. Hell Bent for Leather
2. Stained Class
3. Sad Wings of Destiny
4. Sin After Sin
5. Screaming for Vengeance

Painkiller and British Steel would probably be in the six and seven spots.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
NO KK NO PRIEST

...right?
As long as the new album isn't like Nostradamus(my least favorite JP album), I have no problem with a new guitarist.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:54 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
NO KK NO PRIEST

...right?
As long as the new album isn't like Nostradamus(my least favorite JP album), I have no problem with a new guitarist.

I am not sure what to make of 'Nostradamus' but I admire the fact that Judas Priest, 30 plus years into their recording career are not afraid to take chances and try something different.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:09 am

Well all said and done, not withstanding the weak lyrics, weak albums, I am still a sucker for Tipton/Downing guitar and for that matter, I love everything about Priest songs.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:11 am

manny wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
NO KK NO PRIEST

...right?

I am not sure what to make of 'Nostradamus' but I admire the fact that Judas Priest, 30 plus years into their recording career are not afraid to take chances and try something different.
I'm all for doing something different, that's why I liked Jugulator and Demolition, but concept albums are very hit and miss and this one seemed to miss more often then i'd hoped.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 12:49 pm

I think on the whole, I listen to Priest's 70s albums more than any of their others. I like most of their albums but the 70s stuff is just a little more rewarding for repeated listening.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Turbo is better then Screaming For Vengeance. There, I said it!

Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:10 pm

My first Priest album was Painkiller. When I got British Steel it was difficult to believe that this is from the same band! It took me some time until I got used to the older albums.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

kmorg wrote:

Whhhaaaaaat? Shocked

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:20 pm

kmorg wrote:

The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 875605
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:31 pm

kmorg wrote:

I'm not sure about that but it isn't in my top eight Priest albums, neither is Turbo.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:46 pm

kmorg wrote:

affraid Kurt, are you on any medications that we, as your forum-mates, should be made aware of??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

affraid Kurt, are you on any medications that we, as your forum-mates, should be made aware of??

Laughing very hard

I was wondering if it's already been "legalized" in Norway......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:14 pm

Smoking lutefisk again....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Sad Wings
Stained Class
Sin After Sin
Unleashed
Hell Bent

And to address the original question, maybe 35 years later and after hearing literally hundreds of Priest influenced bands they might sound like just another hard rock band nothing special; but if you were there at the time before all that came after, the reaction was more likely "I never heard anything like that before". I know it was mine. In the mid 70's it flat blew my mind.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 pm

It looks like I'm the only one who thinks 'Hell Bent/Killing Machine' is fairly awful. I honestly don't care about 3/4 of the songs on that record. If I wanted to hear Boston (and I don't), I would just..go about my daily life I guess, since you can't get away from them. Judas Priest, YU do this to me? 'British Steel' is surely better.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
It looks like I'm the only one who thinks 'Hell Bent/Killing Machine' is fairly awful. I honestly don't care about 3/4 of the songs on that record. If I wanted to hear Boston (and I don't), I would just..go about my daily life I guess, since you can't get away from them. Judas Priest, YU do this to me? 'British Steel' is surely better.

I used to like Hell Bent a lot, but I grew really tired of it really fast. There are some great songs, but overall it's pretty hit and miss. And as for British Steel, I feel like it's super overrated. I much prefer Sad Wings, Sin After Sin, and Stained Class to it.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Same here. Out of those "commercial" ones though, I do have to admit 'British Steel' has the upper hand. GRIIIINDAAAAAAAAHHHHH
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 pm

This is slightly relevant... "(Take These) Chains" has to be one of my favorite Priest songs. I love that chorus so much.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:37 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I much prefer "hell bent" over "British steel." But "sin after sin" and "stained class" over either. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The early Judas Priest albums   The early Judas Priest albums - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The early Judas Priest albums
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next