Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EDGUY

Go down 
+23
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal Misfit
MetalRob331
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
DallasBlack
jettafiend
Citanul
SAHB Healer
jstate
Eyesore
stormspell
Spiner202
Dark Horseman
James B.
A Handful of Wayne
BearOnUnicycle
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 pm

Much better tune. I wish these guys would do a straight up 80s rock album. I still think Rocket Ride is their best.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 pm

My favorite from Edguy is "Mandrake".  I think they get sillier with each release after that. And even "Mandrake" has the goofy "Save Us Now" (aka "Alien Drum Bunny") track which, while not a bad song musically, is pretty dumb lyrically. I think Edguy went progressively downhill from there.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

That was a fun song. When they try to collide what they do with sleaze, or it's a whole album long, I go on an endless cringe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My favorite from Edguy is "Mandrake".  I think they get sillier with each release after that. And even "Mandrake" has the goofy "Save Us Now" (aka "Alien Drum Bunny") track which, while not a bad song musically, is pretty dumb lyrically.  I think Edguy went progressively downhill from there.

i go back and forth between Mandrake and Theater of Salvation.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My favorite from Edguy is "Mandrake".  I think they get sillier with each release after that. And even "Mandrake" has the goofy "Save Us Now" (aka "Alien Drum Bunny") track which, while not a bad song musically, is pretty dumb lyrically.  I think Edguy went progressively downhill from there.

Surprised you don't like Rocket Ride. I despise the song "Trinidad," but aside from that it's largely a hook-laden throwback rock album. I love it. Hellfire Club is also pretty badass.

But yes, the goofiness just doesn't work all that well. I imagine they find it funny, but maybe it's funnier in German, or whatever their native language is.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:52 pm

I thought Age Of The Joker was a nice return to form, but the juvenile humor ruined some otherwise great songs like Robin Hood and Two Out Of Seven. Avantasia's music is better IMO and keeps it more serious (or as serious as fantasy gets anyways). For Edguy, the early stuff is just so much better.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

I hope the new album contains some speed metal work such as mysteria.

Anyways the reviews I read seem promising. So I will be picking it up for sure.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:23 pm

I ordered this with new Sonata Arctica and Gamma Ray from CDINZANE and so far I got a email about Edguy and Gamma Ray being delayed to them so who knows when I'll be getting anything.

I haven't ordered from them in a long time, but they seemed to be the cheaper place to get the deluxe releases from.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Good luck. I haven't ordered from CDInzane in forever because I think their business practices suck.

The King
exact33

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Good luck.  I haven't ordered from CDInzane in forever because I think their business practices suck.

absolutely. i would never deal with them ever again.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:40 pm

Yea I'm thinking the same. They wrote me a few days ago about the Gamma Ray cd and wanted to know if I wanted to cancel the order or wait for it to arrive. I wrote them an email, then they wrote me back asking if I just want to cancel the whole order. I re-wrote them and never got an answer back. Then I get a email about the Edguy thing.. I should have just got it from amazon, but I don't think they had the 2 cd version, and the 2 cd Gamma Ray was expensive on amazon too. I should re-check.

The King
exact33

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Yea I'm thinking the same. They wrote me a few days ago about the Gamma Ray cd and wanted to know if I wanted to cancel the order or wait for it to arrive. I wrote them an email, then they wrote me back asking if I just want to cancel the whole order. I re-wrote them and never got an answer back. Then I get a email about the Edguy thing.. I should have just got it from amazon, but I don't think they had the 2 cd version, and the 2 cd Gamma Ray was expensive on amazon too. I should re-check.

whats the 2 cd version of the Gamma ray have on it?

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 1:35 am

I always go for amazon.

They are the best by far.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:08 am

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Good luck.  I haven't ordered from CDInzane in forever because I think their business practices suck.

Yup. They're terrible. Everything is always delayed and I can't even tell you how many time I ordered the import and got the regular version. They've always done right by me when notified of their mistake, but it's still annoying to have it happen so many times.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:15 am

Gilbert wrote:
I always go for amazon.

They are the best by far.

Amazon delays all of my pre-orders and rarely has them in stock, but I am sure the US Amazon is better than the Canadian one. My Gamma Ray pre-order has been delayed by a week so far, but I don't mind because I also pre-ordered the new Edguy which comes out a week later anyways. If that one gets delayed, I don't know what I'll do because I wasn't able to get a promo for it Sad
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yup. They're terrible. Everything is always delayed and I can't even tell you how many time I ordered the import and got the regular version. They've always done right by me when notified of their mistake, but it's still annoying to have it happen so many times.

while not new releases, Secondspin is getting to be pretty horrid too now. Two orders in a row they have messed up.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 3:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

while not new releases, Secondspin is getting to be pretty horrid too now. Two orders in a row they have messed up.

That sucks. How do they handle it? I like when the seller says "keep it" and then sends the right one. Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That sucks. How do they handle it? I like when the seller says "keep it" and then sends the right one. Haha.

I wish. They make you send it back.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:48 pm

exact33 wrote:

I think its just a DVD not really a big deal

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 8:19 pm

exact33 wrote:

Sorry to get off topic, but I love your avatar PRD! Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Sorry to get off topic, but I love your avatar PRD! Laughing very hard 

Very Happy 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 11:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, those are the worst. Send it back and maybe they'll refund you three months later.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 1:43 am

I like Hellfire Club the best.Its just a catchy album to me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, those are the worst. Send it back and maybe they'll refund you three months later.  Laughing 

yeah. I am kinda losing patience with them.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:51 pm

CDInzane is terrible. Ordered from them once years ago. There was some type of delay with the shipping and when I emailed to inquire, the guy was a complete jerk about it.

The only places I buy from are iTunes, Best Buy (they sometimes do free shipping for new releases) and Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EDGUY - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EDGUY   EDGUY - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EDGUY
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next