Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Viking - Metal Versus Straw

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
kyleblack
Required Fields
Stender
Dark Horseman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
adrian
stormspell
James B.
Witchfinder
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Already have them both on CD.

Me too, but Do or Die is only a bootleg, and def not remastered. i wish they released thevseparately, with the demo as bonus tracks.

Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 1:40 am

Anyone listen to Do or Die yet? I read on another forum that it is actually a vinyl rip.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:19 am

kyleblack wrote:
Anyone listen to Do or Die yet? I read on another forum that it is actually a vinyl rip.

I don't know what the original sounds like... but according to others, the sound is not good. The new double CD version definitely seems to have a fuller sound than what I imagine the original had.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:17 pm

This version of Do or Die definitely sounds better than the copy I had
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:05 pm

My download from Itunes of Do Or Die sure sounds like a vinyl rip to me. I'm assuming since it is on itunes it's a legit release. In a weird way the slight hiss and pop kinda adds to the whole feel of the record.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:01 pm

jstate wrote:
I was tempted to jump on this. But I paid a high price for my Lost & Found Man Of Straw. And don't I regret not jumping on those other Lost & Found releases when I had the chance. I downloaded Do Or Die from Itunes.

I love both records but not sure I need to double-dip for this release. Anyone who doesn't have these should jump all over of this.

The things is the band does not get any money from the Lost and Found release. Same thing with the Heretic release. Also the early Metal Blade releases are not from the original master tapes. Torture and Do or Die are most likely lost for ever...Even Bill Metoyer does'nt know where they are...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
jstate wrote:
I was tempted to jump on this. But I paid a high price for my Lost & Found Man Of Straw. And don't I regret not jumping on those other Lost & Found releases when I had the chance. I downloaded Do Or Die from Itunes.

I love both records but not sure I need to double-dip for this release. Anyone who doesn't have these should jump all over of this.

The things is the band does not get any money from the Lost and Found release. Same thing with the Heretic release. Also the early Metal Blade releases are not from the original master tapes. Torture and Do or Die are most likely lost for ever...Even Bill Metoyer does'nt know where they are...

Bummed to hear that those masters are missing. I picked up Metal vs. Straw and it sounds good to these ears.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 12:35 am

Glad I saw this thread! I just ordered one as I have been lookin for a reasonable one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Viking - Metal Versus Straw   Viking - Metal Versus Straw - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Viking - Metal Versus Straw
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2