Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velvet Revolver

Go down 
+14
Wargod
Smindas
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
TheGooch
Addy
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
KissinMaiden
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:21 pm

Addy wrote:
I read that Slash is working on a Solo Album but that since Weiland got booted that Velvet Revolver will continue on, Also read an interview with Weiland and he said that those guys should reconcile with Axl and do a GNR Reunion
I really hope they get Keith Caputo to sing for them. He blows Weiland away, but can also sound just like him.

Like Weiland:

Totally not like Weiland:

Fruity like Weiland, too!

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Im a big fan of Weiland, Whoever they replace him with I hope it doesnt make the band suck
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I really hope they get Keith Caputo to sing for them. He blows Weiland away, but can also sound just like him.

A guy (Caputo) that sounds like a guy (Weiland) that sounds like another guy (Vedder)? Hmmm...that's interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

A guy (Caputo) that sounds like a guy (Weiland) that sounds like another guy (Vedder)? Hmmm...that's interesting.
He only occasionally sounds like Weiland, and he definitely doesn't sound like Vedder. Quit making stuff up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:34 pm

I sometimes say stuff just because I know you'll have a mini aneurysm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:13 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I sometimes say stuff just because I know you'll have a mini aneurysm.
Didn't bother me. I just said, "Yep. It's official. Spec really is retarded." No big deal.

Would you like a tall glass of urine?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:36 am

The rumor mill seems to indicate that the new Velvet Revolver singer is... Lenny Kravitz??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The rumor mill seems to indicate that the new Velvet Revolver singer is... Lenny Kravitz??

HA! Laughing very hard Umm, well good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:45 am

I think Duff McKagen already shot that one down. Lenny played a rehersal gig with them and next thing you know, the headlines are saying "He's the guy". Last I heard, they are still looking. They also rehersed with the guy that used to be the singer in Space Hog, I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 am

The Space Hog guy might not be a bad idea. His band was basically a one hit wonder over a decade ago so he's fairly unknown at this point. It would probably be a bad idea for VR to go with another "big name" guy, czu then they'd have to deal with all the associated egos/addictions that come with someone like that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
czu then they'd have to deal with all the associated egos/addictions that come with someone like that.

You don't have to be a "Name" in the biz to have a piss poor attitude in your band. Just look at ult. That guy is out of control with his bad attitude.

Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 am

Eh, for what it's worth...

Lenny Kravitz has denied reports he's set to join supergroup Velvet Revolver.
The singer fueled speculation he'll be Scott Weiland's replacement in the band after he joined Slash and his mates in the studio.
But Kravitz won't be fronting Velvet Revolver any time soon.

He tells RollingStone.com, "I know and love the Velvet Revolver guys but there is no truth to the story about me joining their band."
Kravitz isn't the only singer linked to the band -- former Skid Row star Sebastian Bach and Spacehog's Royston Langdon have also been named as possible Weiland replacements.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 2:58 pm

I know a lot of you are VR haters, so rejoice:

RCA Records just dropped'em.

Low sales of 2nd album + lead singer leaving + indefinite "search" for new singer + Slash concentrating on solo album + label dropping the band = Death of Velvet Revolver

Not officially, of course, but it's only a matter of time before they *all* go their separate ways now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:36 pm

I actually like Velvet Revolver but I just didn't feel their material wasn't as strong as I was lead to believe in reviews. It wasn't bad but the press made it seem like this band could single handedly could save metal and rock.

That being said this shows how clueless record labels are, they have one platinum and one gold album, I would love to experience that kind of "failure".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I know a lot of you are VR haters, so rejoice:

RCA Records just dropped'em.

Low sales of 2nd album + lead singer leaving + indefinite "search" for new singer + Slash concentrating on solo album + label dropping the band = Death of Velvet Revolver

Not officially, of course, but it's only a matter of time before they *all* go their separate ways now.

That should read + death of VR = GNR reunion..... you know that one is coming because the checks will be big enough
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:02 pm

Im definitly not a VR Hater

I think that news Blows Donkey Chunks

So with Slash focusing on his solo album, Duff will probobly focus on his side band "Loaded" wonder what the other 2 guys will do?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:37 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Bring Back Snakepit! Bring Back Snakepit! Bring Back Snakepit!

I agree, unless Corabi sings for VR. Then again, he'd be a great singer for Snakepit, too.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:40 am

So according to Classic Rock magazine the new singer is the singer from Irish band Million Dollar Reload.....

www.myspace.com/milliondollarreload
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 am

From Wikipedia

Quote :
A rumor was reported on 1st December 2008 that relatively unknown singer Phil Conalane from Northern Irish group Million Dollar Reload has been slated to replace Weiland. At the recent Classic Rock Awards in London, Slash was seen talking to Phil Conalane's record company representative for a while. However this is just a rumor and is yet to be confirmed by any members of the band or a representative
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Addy wrote:
Im definitly not a VR Hater

I think that news Blows Donkey Chunks

So with Slash focusing on his solo album, Duff will probobly focus on his side band "Loaded" wonder what the other 2 guys will do?

Matt Sorum gets allot of session work, so he'll be plenty busy. And he seems to be pretty tight with Slash, so I'm sure he'll be attached to whatever projects Slash is doing. I imagine the other guitarist, Dave Something, will fade back into the obsurity from where he was plucked the first time 'round.

Duff's Loaded has put out a few cd's I believe, although they were Japan/Europe-only releases. This new one is the 1st to get a wide release. The clips I heard were kinda cool. I might pick it up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:39 pm

I might pick up Loaded as well I liked what i heard so far....

Yeah, Slash is tight with Matt Sorum (He was ousted from Guns N Roses for sticking up for Slash after Slash was gone) Would Imagine Duff will be involved too

Slash has said that if things start moving with the next VR album then his solo album will take a back burner. We'll see...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 pm

rattpoison wrote:
So according to Classic Rock magazine the new singer is the singer from Irish band Million Dollar Reload.....

www.myspace.com/milliondollarreload
Really good band, too. Surprising choice, if it turns out to be true, but a good one. He has a hard rock voice, 80s style.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 6:25 pm

Phil Conalane, singer with Irish rockers Million $ Reload, has responded to speculation that he is about to join Velvet Revolver as their new frontman.
Speaking exclusively to Classic Rock, Conalane interestingly did not issue an outright denial.
He commented: “I’m guessing you were pretty surprised when your ‘source’ informed you that I was to be the new Velvet Revolver singer. So was I! This rumour was certainly NOT started by me nor anyone within the Million $ Reload camp.
“I don’t regard your original story as nonsense. Since Duff [McKagan] remarked to an Irish newspaper that he had been keeping an eye on an Irish singer, but that he wasn’t too keen on disturbing the band he was in, the story has been going around – Ireland’s a small island, so not too many rock singers!
“Most of the stuff that has been written about us is true. Kerri Kelly [Slash’s Snakepit] is a buddy, we’ve played with Steven Adler and Gilby Clarke, and most of the other stuff that’s been said.
“But it is sad to hear that some people regard this story as a cynical publicity stunt by Million $ Reload. After all it is quite unsettling for the rest of the band to hear your singer could be leaving, with tours in Europe and the US planned for 2009.
“Although having said that, I have received hundreds of emails from all over the world this week, the US, Brazil, Australia etc, from VR fans giving me support. Some of the comments that fans have been posting on various forums are amazing . It’s all quite flattering, really.
“Who should be the next VR singer? That is a tricky one. Scott Weiland will be hard to replace… but not irreplaceable. It is a fantastic opportunity for whoever lands the job.
“There have been several names rumoured, apart from mine, over the past few months. Ultimately it’s a decision for VR. Maybe they will put the original GN’R line-up back together? Wouldn’t that be something!”
Hmm. That’s cleared that one up, then…
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Update on VR singer search...

There's been little news out of the VELVET REVOLVER camp lately regarding a new singer for the band, although auditions have reportedly been ongoing. Bassist Duff McKagan told The Pulse of Radio this week that the group has been a little frustrated with the submissions they've gotten and even wondered if they would ever find the right guy. But McKagan also said that things have recently taken a positive turn. "In the last, I would say, about eight weeks, we got three guys in that were all really good — like, far and above, more fitting than the rest," he said. "So I can say this much: we're headed in a very positive direction, and you might be hearing something soon."

VELVET REVOLVER has been searching for a new vocalist since dismissing Scott Weiland last April.

Although several names have been rumored online, the only singer known to have auditioned with the band is ex-SPACEHOG frontman Royston Langdon

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 12:22 pm

All this time they are taking to find a singer....hmmm.

Are they that good of a band that they can afford all this downtime?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver   Velvet Revolver - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next