Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show

Go down 
+8
James B.
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
Getizzyback
MEGATRON
manny
Addy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 pm

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/Velvet-Revolver-0101-2012/

Didnt know where to post this but just found this link, looks like Velvet Revolver is getting back together for 1 show with Weiland. Im not trying to get my hopes up but this could be the spark that is needed to do another album.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

I think this will lead to another album, a bit anti climatic, but we will see, since Weiland is busy with STP and his solo career, Slash with his solo career, and Duff with his Loaded band.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:27 pm

Actually Weiland has talked about taking a break after his christmas tour which ended back in december. Yeah Slash is working on another album and Duff with Loaded and I am assuming Matt is still producing that Cherie Currie album (which Im dying to hear) but I think its possible like you said. I had a feeling something like this was going to happen im glad, I wish I was gonna be at that show but guess we will see

If so then plans to go into the studio for another STP album might be on hold and or his next solo album which ive read was the plan after the ST STP album

Your guess is as good as mine
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm

I don't want a full scale Velvet Revolver reunion. I prefer Slash's solo material.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

MEGATRON wrote:
I don't want a full scale Velvet Revolver reunion. I prefer Slash's solo material.

YUCK!

I'll take VR over Slash's solo stuff any day of the week.

I'm sick of all the different singers!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

Not surprised and I won't be surprised to see this lead to a reunion. After the initial trash talking from the break-up, both camps have been throwing googly eyes at the other for the past year or so, saying they'd be up for working together again at some point.

I'm all for it as long as Slash still does solo work and STP continues as well. I know a lot of people didn't like the second VR album all that much (including some of VR) but I thought it was the better of the two. I'm all for these guys getting back together because there's really no reason for it to have taken them this long to find a new singer.

Weiland is probably the guy that Duff said he and Slash "auditioned" a few weeks ago.

Getizzyback wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

YUCK!

I'll take VR over Slash's solo stuff any day of the week.

I'm sick of all the different singers!

It's just Myles Kennedy on the next solo album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 am

I'm not gonna get too amped up about this. If things work out into a new VR album, cool. I'll buy it. I got to see them live a few years ago and it was fun. I'm a fan. But this doesn't sound like a full-on concert. Sounds like they're getting together for a coupla songs at a charity gig. Maybe it'll be magic, maybe it'll be shite. Who knows?

But I also enjoy Slash's solo album more than VR & Snakepit, so I'm all for another one of those as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Im sure STP and Slash's solo album will still go forward. A friend of mine went to a STP show a few months ago and they said that they hope to go back into the studio soon to work on a new album.

I love STP and I loved VR Im happy that they are at least doing this, if it leads to a reunion and tour and another album AWESOME but the fact they are doing this one show in my eyes is opening a door that down the road could be some awesome developments
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

I'd like Velvet Revolver if about anyone else was singing.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Lou Reed?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Lou Reed?

Who knows? I know I don't like Weiland.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:57 am

Scott Weiland= sign

Scott Sapp= Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show 576953

Scott Waters= headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 am

Quote :
A friend of mine went to a STP show a few months ago and they said that they hope to go back into the studio soon to work on a new album.

I just spun STP's latest last week. I thought it was a very good comeback album. It's like they never skipped a beat.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
A friend of mine went to a STP show a few months ago and they said that they hope to go back into the studio soon to work on a new album.

I just spun STP's latest last week. I thought it was a very good comeback album. It's like they never skipped a beat.

I spun that one a few times before Christmas...strong album.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Yep, the latest is right up there with the old stuff (and even better than Shangri-La Dee Da).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 pm

James B. wrote:
Scott Weiland= sign

Scott Waters= headbanger

Your opinion = sign (at least about Weiland)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 pm

Addy wrote:
James B. wrote:
Scott Weiland= sign

Scott Waters= headbanger

Your opinion = sign (at least about Weiland)

Ha ha ha

It's just an opinion. Dude is too prima-donna-ish, too image conscious, and has priors for putting himself and his addictions before his band. A better assessment would be "nickname for Richard" instead of sign

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Yep, the latest is right up there with the old stuff (and even better than Shangri-La Dee Da).

I don't why Shangri-La-Di-Da gets a bad rap. I know it's not a fan favorite, but I think it sounds just fine. After they washed all the grunge off of them with the first 2 albums and found their sound, I don't think STP's released a bad album. Some might be better than others, but there's not a bad one in the bunch.

And yea, I like the first 2 albums as well.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I don't why Shangri-La-Di-Da gets a bad rap. I know it's not a fan favorite, but I think it sounds just fine. After they washed all the grunge off of them with the first 2 albums and found their sound, I don't think STP's released a bad album. Some might be better than others, but there's not a bad one in the bunch.

I also thought it was very solid album, and have liked all of their albums so far
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:34 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

I agree...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 12:16 pm

Set-list from last night's re-union...

Quote :

Velvet Revolver did a Pink Floyd cover when they reunited last night (Thursday, January 12) with vocalist Scott Weiland.

The band did a four-song set at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, as part of the bill for what was called Love You Madly: A Concert For John O’Brien. The Floyd cover was Wish You Were Here, which have done a number of times in the past. The rest of their brief set was:

Sucker Train Blues

She Builds Quick Machines

Slither

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Thought it was kinda average. A lot of filler but "Days of the Week" is one of their best songs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 11:34 am

Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show 83628

A bit pointless IMO but here is the latest non story on this band:

Velvet Revolver have made headlines with speculation over who they will pick to replace Scott Weiland and now it seems the door is open to the perfect replacement: Scott Weiland.

Both Weiland and Matt Sorum have made recent comments which show they are open to the idea of reuniting. According to Blabbermouth, Sorum was discussing the recent one-off reunion at a benefit concert with KCAL Radio and said of Weiland, "It was cool, man. We hadn't played together in a long time. We soundchecked a few songs. We only played, like, three songs. But it was cool to be on stage and play music again. It was like riding a bike. Everyone had a good time and we raised some money for a really sad situation. John O'Brien passed away and left a pregnant wife and another child. And a lot of people turned out for the show… Amazing turnout."

He added, "We had a good time. Me and Scott worked out some stuff backstage and had talked, and that was nice. He came up to me and he was real humble and really cool. 'Cause stuff happens when you're out on the road and people are tired and you say smurf poo. Everything is on the Internet now; you can't get away with anything.

"Being in the music business for as long as I have been, I'm still learning lessons. We were out on the road for 18 months. And we got tired and things happened. There's a lot of pressure. You think you'd always wanna do it differently, but stuff goes the way it's gonna go; I can't explain it."

He then went on to discuss the possibility of a reunion and seemed open to it but was clear that with Slash putting out a new album and touring it is not something they are focused on. Read more of his comments here.

Meanwhile, Scott Weiland seems very receptive to the idea of reuniting with Velvet Revolver and also remaining in Stone Temple Pilots. He told Rolling Stone, "If Maynard [James Keenan] can do it with A Perfect Circle and Tool, then there's no reason why I shouldn't go and do it with both bands."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:06 pm

I don't care much either way.

If they re-united with Scott and put out a new album, I'm sure I'd get it. I liked their other 2 enough. However, it things fall to pieces again and nothing happens, I'm fine with that too. I enjoy Slash and Duff's solo works and STP. I'm cool with just more from those 3 camps.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:11 pm

Personally I think they should just forget Velvet Revolver and concentrate on their individual projects, it is obvious that Velvet Revolver is just an after thought for all of those involved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show   Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver Back together with Weiland for a 1 off show
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next