Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Velvet Revolver-Libertad

Go down 
+7
snooloui
ultmetal
Gilbert
Getizzyback
Schbopo
manny
Jesusandmetal23
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Velvet Revolver-Libertad Empty
PostSubject: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 12:30 pm

I just got this CD. What to expect?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:33 pm

More of the same as their debut, good solid songs and great playing from the band especially Slash, but nothing special. Once it is removed from the CD player you may have hard time remembering more than a handful of songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

if you got it then you should know Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 pm

manny wrote:
More of the same as their debut, good solid songs and great playing from the band especially Slash, but nothing special. Once it is removed from the CD player you may have hard time remembering more than a handful of songs.

This is pretty accurate. Not a bad album at all, but it would have benefited from being cut down just a little bit. There are a few awesome songs, lots of okay songs, and lots of forgettable songs.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 pm

"awesome, OK, and (a) forgettable"

1. Let It Roll - awesome

2. She Mine - OK

3. Get Out The Door - awesome

4. She Builds Quick Machines - awesome

5. The Last Fight - awesome

6. Pills, Demons & etc. - OK

7. American Man - OK

8. Mary, Mary - awesome

9. Just Sixteen - awesome

10. Can’t Get It Out Of My Head - awesome

11. For A Brother - OK

12. Spay - forgettable

13. Gravedancer - awesome

14.(bonus track right after Gravedancer) Don't Drop That
Dime - awesome

15.(Japanese bonus track) Gas And A Dollar Laugh - awesome

That's 10 awesomes, 4 OK's and a Forgettable in my opinion.

I Like Libertad more than Contraband because Scott's voice just seems better the 2nd time around.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Locky wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

if you got it then you should know Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_biggrin

Smart one Velvet Revolver-Libertad 29150
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 3:21 pm

There's another song called "Messages" floating around that came out about the same time Libertad did. It has a Stone Temple Pilot ring to it, but it is an awesome song none the less.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:01 am

Spinning this one today. I've always like Slash's songwriting and guitar playing. However, I've never been a fan of Scott Wieland's vocals. A few spins will tell if that opinion changes with this album.

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Scott's vocals kill this for me. I have the first one and it's ok but gets rare plays form me.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:03 pm

I don't like the first one but I haven't heard this one. I'd say it's decent but not memorable at all, I can only remember Slither.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:23 pm

manny wrote:

Being a fan of both Slash and STP, I have to agree with the above statement. Not a bad album and a decent listen, but could've been better.

Scott's lyrics can sometimes stray from heartfelt & meaningful to incoherent babble. Overall, I enjoy his work much more in STP than his time spent in Velvet Revolver.

I sorta feel the same way with Slash. While I've found his other projects to be an enjoyable listen (minus his new solo album which I haven't heard yet), he has yet to recapture that lightning in a bottle that was GnR. I'm happy he keeps trying though.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Im a hardcore STP fan

I got Libertad when it first came out I still spin it, but I like Contraband better, You all also forgot to add their Talking Heads cover Psycho Killers it was an ITunes bonus track its a great cover. Same as Messages, both are top notch.

Favs on this album are

She Mine
Mary
She builds Quick Machines
Last Fight
Pills Demons & etc
Cant Get it Out of My Head
For a Brother
Messages (Itunes bonus)
Psycho Killers (Itunes bonus)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 2:32 pm

For some reason, i could never get into this band. As a matter of fact, i couldn't get into any Slash Stuff outside of Guns N Roses.

I just saw Slash's new album at a local Virgin branch. Didn't even bother listening to the samples.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:14 am

Wow, maybe Axl should be the singer for VR, this fan made song sounds pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPrGqOqXsE
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:33 am

Wow! That sounds pretty good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:06 pm

headbanger

"If The World" is a pretty lame song, the only one on Chinese Democracy that I really don't care for. This mash-up is great.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Wow, maybe Axl should be the singer for VR, this fan made song sounds pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kPrGqOqXsE
That works much better than I thought it would. Wow. Also, listen to the other mash ups by the same guy - they're really quite good.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Yea, that sounded pretty good.

As much as I've enjoyed Slash's post-Guns output to varying degrees and even the GnR Experience featuring Axl Rose, nothing they've done seperately can compare to the magic they made together. Izzy too. I think his rhythm playing and song-writing skills really made the songs gel. His contributions to GnR are under-rated.

Who needs each other more? Slash and Axl or Sebastian Bach and Skid Row?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Bach and Skid Row. I like VR and loved Chinese Democracy and Slash's solo disc. Bach last album was good too though and I'm looking forward to his new one.

I think SKID ROW needs Bach more than Bach needs them. None of their post-Bach material has impressed me. Razz
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Skid Row sorely misses Sebastian Bach.....too bad they can't patch things up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Velvet Revolver-Libertad   Velvet Revolver-Libertad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Velvet Revolver-Libertad
Page 1 of 1