Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth in June of '13

Go down 
+50
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
BearOnUnicycle
Alex Dee Rokket
BillRoxx
Vexer6
bgsully
chilejay7
shamgar75
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
Storm_Rider89
Lurideath
Required Fields
Tur-Thalion
corplhicks
Shawn Of Fire
MetallicSeminarian
manny
Wayne
Grimmo
Hadley
Eyesore
journeyman
EmoElmo
Chrome Locust
choosemetal
thejokeriv
DevZor
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
Metal Misfit
MoonChild
Witchfinder
Chairman_Smith
ultmetal
DallasBlack
adrian
Boris2008
Addy
exact33
kmorg
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
SpectreFate
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Well if Spotify shuts down, there's always Pandora.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Well if Spotify shuts down, there's always Pandora.

and Mog and Google Play and even Apple is getting into the streaming race in the near future.

Streaming isn't going away.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:46 pm

There's also Rhapsody and Xbox music. They perform the same functions as Spotify and Pandora. Isn't Slacker starting to offer subscription service as well?

I haven't tried Spotify; Pandora was a disappointment to me from being so glitchy. Rhapsody has been awesome, very personalized UI, lots of metal and jazz.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 9:56 pm

My point wasn't that streaming or itunes is going away but that neither can replace music in physical format.

The way I use Spotify is to discover new artists. I don't mind paying 10 bucks per month for it. Spotify for me is perfect because it enables me to discover listen to new releases before I buy them, removes the blind purchase risk, and also allows me to check out new artists.

However, at the end of the day, for me Spotify is just a preview of the actual album. I don't feel like I own anything with Spotify - it's not until I actually receive the album in my hands that I feel I have something.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:06 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
My point wasn't that streaming or itunes is going away but that neither can replace music in physical format.

The way I use Spotify is to discover new artists. I don't mind paying 10 bucks per month for it. Spotify for me is perfect because it enables me to discover listen to new releases before I buy them, removes the blind purchase risk, and also allows me to check out new artists.

However, at the end of the day, for me Spotify is just a preview of the actual album. I don't feel like I own anything with Spotify - it's not until I actually receive the album in my hands that I feel I have something.

I think this is how I feel with streaming. Its greatest asset is discovering artists I've never heard of before. Just like bandcamp. But I never find that sense of ownership to be there. I'm "borrowing" if anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 pm

The best way to think of Spotify is a radio station that you can pick all the songs yourself. I don't consider it ownership either, but for some stuff just hearing it now and again when the mood strikes is enough.

Of course we've strayed way off course from talking about the Megadeth album. What a Face

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 am

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19938-spotify

Don't want to derail this anymore than it is, but I have a question?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:14 pm

so i have spent more time with this and i think it is better after some listens. I like Dave's vocals on most of the tracks and I like his lyrics too. Best songs for me are:

Kingmaker
Built for War
Off the Edge
The Beginning of Sorrow
A House Divided

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 pm

exact33 wrote:
so i have spent more time with this and i think it is better after some listens. I like Dave's vocals on most of the tracks and I like his lyrics too. Best songs for me are:

Kingmaker
Built for War
Off the Edge
The Beginning of Sorrow
A House Divided

"Built for war" is the one that immediately stood out to me as a favorite.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:43 am

I like all the tracks except for blackest crow. I like parts of that song, but they just don't manage to bring it all together. In order, fav-least fav, I'd rank the tracks as such:

1.Dance in the rain
2.Cold sweat
3.Kingmaker
4.Burn
5/6 tie.Don't turn your back/Built For war
7.Forget to remember 
8.Supercollider
9.The beginning if sorrow
10.Off the edge
11.Blackest crow
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 3:56 am

Dance In The Rain, is my first choice as well.headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:11 am

Grimmo wrote:
Dance In The Rain, is my first choice as well.headbanger

Same here. It was an instant favorite the first time I heard it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:02 am

I liked it first time out but I have to say with repeated listens I'm really starting to become a big fan of Super Collider.  Growing into an album I'm starting to have a lot of love for.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 am

Yea, it's been in constant rotation for me.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 am

Megadeth Wearhouse. You're gonna like the way it sounds...I guarantee it.

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/842m

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:35 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Megadeth Wearhouse. You're gonna like the way it sounds...I guarantee it.

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/842m

The Kenny G Spot.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:18 am

Laughing very hard

Nice sax work Kenny G.
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:17 pm

I love Super Collider. I think it's great Dave & crew are willing to take some chances. There's more to life than just thrashing all the time.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 6:25 pm

I've been givin this alot of listens this past week that I've owned it. Dig it more and more with each spin. thumbs up

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 10:28 pm

James B. wrote:
I've been givin this alot of listens this past week that I've owned it. Dig it more and more with each spin. thumbs up

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 11:00 am

I have only listened to it via Youtube. I find the album quite boring. Even more so than I thought of Thirteen. However, Dance in the Rain is AMAZING! I'll have to buy the whole album just for that song.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:24 am

I have been on a Megadeth fever past two days, after playing all their albums till date multiple times, I will have to say I really enjoyed Super Collider, it sure is a great work.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:14 pm

I wonder if the "termination notices" in the middle of the cd booklet are meant to be an homage to the back cover of AC/DC's High Voltage (with the letters sent home to the band members parents).
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 pm

Lol!

I got a kick out of reading those when flipping through the notes. There's also some great Vic shots all over the booklet.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 4:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Found this little tidbit buried in an announcement of a Megadeth U.K. tour on their Facebook page... if there was any kind of official statement about it earlier, I must've missed it.

Currently working in their studio in San Diego on their 14th studio album titled Super Collider, Mustaine, along with bassist Dave Ellefson, drummer Shawn Drover and guitarist Chris Broderick, are looking forward to its release in June 2013.

Megadeth’s Super Collider is the first release through Mustaine’s new label, Tradecraft, through UMe.

I am going what ultmetal said in his review on Super Collider however I disagree that the title track is the weakest song it would have to be Burn I mean cmon it has almost the same lyrics as that disco pop song Burn Baby Burn. Great album nonetheless but the songwriting has hit a low in a big way. Also that music video of Supercollider is a strong indication that Dave has lost his mind I mean its like a video from a One Direction Video clip but still would have to be one of the best songs off the album it took me a while to get used to Dave singing those long sustained notes though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth in June of '13   New Megadeth in June of '13 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth in June of '13
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next