Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking

Go down 
+17
Dellocatus
Wargod
corplhicks
kethdredd
Chrome Locust
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
MoonChild
exact33
Eyesore
Gilbert
Cliffy
tohostudios
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:04 am

i really want the deluxe edition. Going to have to find it.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:23 am

I bought the CD from Amazon because it was actually cheaper than the download. Snapshot impression after 3 or 4 listens: better than the 2nd disc but not as good as their first.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:43 pm

I dug that first single.... I really liked the first album and the second one was a mixed bag.... a few gems but mostly a bit forgettable....

Perhaps some time off the road gave them a chance to reload and recharge.... I'll be looking for the new one....

Pretty simple if you like AC/DC chances are you'll like Airborne... same style and such and who knows if and when AC/DC will release another album so if you're burned out on 'Whole Lotta Rosie' or 'Highway to Hell' or 'Thunderstruck' perhaps Airborne will fill the void....

just sayin....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:25 pm

I really don't see the AC/DC comparisons are there as much as some claim. The recordings are much richer and studio friendly than AC/DC's material. The rhythm styles are certainly AC/DC influenced, but to say they are a clone, I don't agree. Bands like '77 and Rhino Bucket are serious clones, but Airbourne has more substance to me. The singer has that '80s hard rock stick it to ya voice with great range and really gives them their own sound. They just have a more modern rock sound, it's like they put makeup on AC/DC's sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 3:58 pm

What I've heard off this new one sounds like a cross between AC/DC and Pyromania-ere Def Leppard.

Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 4:59 pm

When I first read about them, they were referred to as 'AC/DC on Speed'. And that's how I still describe them. They aren't a substitute to AC/DC as they sound a lot rawer and more modern. But Airbourne surely have a lot in common with AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
I really don't see the AC/DC comparisons are there as much as some claim. The recordings are much richer and studio friendly than AC/DC's material. The rhythm styles are certainly AC/DC influenced, but to say they are a clone, I don't agree. Bands like '77 and Rhino Bucket are serious clones, but Airbourne has more substance to me. The singer has that '80s hard rock stick it to ya voice with great range and really gives them their own sound. They just have a more modern rock sound, it's like they put makeup on AC/DC's sound.
They're surely heavily influenced by AC/DC. Clones? No. But they're pretty damn close. To me, the only differences are that they're sometimes play faster and heavier, and the singer isn't as horrible as Bon Scott or Brian Johnson. Other than that, they're a dead ringer.

And there's nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 12:09 am

Eyesore wrote:
the singer isn't as horrible as Bon Scott or Brian Johnson.

Shocked fainting

Bon Scott and horrible? You really leave me speechless here...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:51 am

Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Shocked fainting

They're both fantastic for AC/DC, like Udo is great for Accept/U.D.O. But if they were to be judged solely on voice alone? Pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:51 am

Eyesore wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
They're both fantastic for AC/DC, like Udo is great for Accept/U.D.O. But if they were to be judged solely on voice alone? Pretty bad.
Hard to judge, as I've never heard them in a different context. I agree that their vocal range is pretty limited, but so is O'Keefe's.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 4:08 am

Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hard to judge, as I've never heard them in a different context. I agree that their vocal range is pretty limited, but so is O'Keefe's.
I'll agree with that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:36 pm

I think the problem with the second one is that it's too long. The songs themselves aren't bad at all, they just run together. If the album was shorter or they broke it into an EP and an album, the songs would be more memorable IMO.

As for the new one, anyone who has been following my trucking thread knows, I will have to keep this on a wantlist until I can get the download.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:41 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I think the problem with the second one is that it's too long. The songs themselves aren't bad at all, they just run together. If the album was shorter or they broke it into an EP and an album, the songs would be more memorable IMO.
Exactly how I think about it. I have the special edition, which is longer than 1h. And as good these guys are, there is just too little variety in their music. I only rarely managed to listen the whole album straight.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:10 am

so is the special edition available in the US? Amazon has it for $30 which is pretty steep.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:38 am

exact33 wrote:
so is the special edition available in the US? Amazon has it for $30 which is pretty steep.
I haven't seen it yet, thus haven't bought it.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:47 am

exact33 wrote:

http://www.importcds.com/music/2598130/airbourne-black-dog-barking-special-edition

You just have to wait a few days for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3