Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking

Go down 
+17
Dellocatus
Wargod
corplhicks
kethdredd
Chrome Locust
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
MoonChild
exact33
Eyesore
Gilbert
Cliffy
tohostudios
jettafiend
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I loved the first one but the second album was a disappointment. It was a snoozefest without many hooks or memorable songs.

absolutely. Plus it had a really cheesy cover.

Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 am

Has anybody heard the new KROKUS album? Its eerie how much Storace sounds like BON. His early works were Bon copies, but now he has become Bon.

As for Airboune - they are a great,, ass kicking band. They get a lot of bad press for sounding like the greatest hard rock band in the universe, but man, they rock.

Here's the KROKUS disc - close you eyes and it is BON.

https://youtu.be/As5jVDJ4krk
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:40 pm

New single.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 pm

kethdredd wrote:
New single.

Now that's more like it! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
kethdredd wrote:
New single.

Now that's more like it! Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 11840
Yeah, I like that.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Not a big fan of Airbourne; I appreciate what they're trying to do and they seem like great guys but it really, really, really, really sounds like AC/DC. I'd like to go deeper with their albums but for now it doesn't seem worth the cost to me.

That last video sounds a bit better, though. Maybe they're breaking away and find their own.

Last edited by corplhicks on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Watched the video after posting.)
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah I like it too!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Not a big fan of Airbourne; I appreciate what they're trying to do and they seem like great guys but it really, really, really, really sounds like AC/DC. I'd like to go deeper with their albums but for now it doesn't seem worth the cost to me.

That last video sounds a bit better, though. Maybe they're breaking away and find their own.
New song sounds just like their older stuff. Yeah, like AC/DC, but faster, heavier, and great.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:15 pm

Love it! Really looking forward to see these guys live! headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

I like that track! I will be picking this one up
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 am

I'll pick it up. Not a huge Airbourne fan (but enough of one to get it) but they're albums are always available at Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-album-premiere-airbourne-black-dog-barking.html

Just got through listening to it. Another excellent album! This one, I think, has more of an 80s rock vibe, more mid-paced, bigger, catchier choruses. Fantastic re-recording of "Ready to Rock" from the debut EP. Total revamp.

Can't wait to buy it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:42 pm

So it's better than the last one?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm not the one to answer that after one listen, especially since I think those who didn't like the last one are crazy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I'm not the one to answer that after one listen, especially since I think those who didn't like the last one are crazy.

I dunno, man. I just pulled that one out again last week and it's fine while it's playing, but the second it's over, it's gone from my conscience. Nothing really sticks with me on that 2nd album. The first album is much more memorable.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I dunno, man. I just pulled that one out again last week and it's fine while it's playing, but the second it's over, it's gone from my conscience. Nothing really sticks with me on that 2nd album. The first album is much more memorable.
Yeah, I don't get that. "Born To Kill," "Raise the Flag," "It Ain't Over Till It's Over," "Get Busy Livin'," "Bottom of the Well," "Armed and Dangerous," "Back on the Bottle," all killer. The rest might not be brilliant, but they're all very good.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 4:40 pm

I like both of their albums thus far, so this one will be on the shopping list...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Same reaction I have. I don't dislike it but I don't really remember anything once it's over.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Same reaction I have. I don't dislike it but I don't really remember anything once it's over.

I still think the second is boring. And the cover is dumb too...

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
Just got through listening to it. Another excellent album! This one, I think, has more of an 80s rock vibe, more mid-paced, bigger, catchier choruses. Fantastic re-recording of "Ready to Rock" from the debut EP. Total revamp.

Can't wait to buy it.

Got mine today. After 4 spins, I totally agree with this. Especially the second half is killer! The guitar playing is better/more varied in comparison to the predecessors. That's what I like best about it.

I'm glad they did fewer tracks this time. The last record was simply too long (the LE had 18 tracks), so it was hard to listen to it from beginning to the end.

For those contemplating on getting the Limited Edition: The 3 bonus tracks are awesome and well worth the surprice. The live CD isn't, alas. It sounds like AC/DC's Live in Paris to me (speaking of sound quality), which is quite a let down for a modern live recording.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:18 am

I'm listening it both Airbourne albums today (it's been a year since I listened to either) and will pick the third one up eventually.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Can't wait to buy it.

Got mine today. After 4 spins, I totally agree with this. Especially the second half is killer! The guitar playing is better/more varied in comparison to the predecessors. That's what I like best about it.

I'm glad they did fewer tracks this time. The last record was simply too long (the LE had 18 tracks), so it was hard to listen to it from beginning to the end.

For those contemplating on getting the Limited Edition: The 3 bonus tracks are awesome and well worth the surprice. The live CD isn't, alas. It sounds like AC/DC's Live in Paris to me (speaking of sound quality), which is quite a let down for a modern live recording.
How did you score the actual album already? O.o
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The privilege of being Swiss/European Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Bastards!
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
Dellocatus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Bastards!
Ahh, c'mon, you'll get yours tomorrow! Just enjoy your prolonged but pleasant anticipation Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - Black Dog Barking   Airbourne - Black Dog Barking - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne - Black Dog Barking
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next