Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So do you find this offensive?

Go down 
+6
Eyesore
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
nevermore
mc666
Lurideath
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

So do you find this offensive? Empty
PostSubject: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 2:52 pm

nope. silly, but not offensive.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not offended by it. I think The Mentors and The Raunchous Brothers are more offensive than this band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm

Laughing very hard I remember seeing that record in stores. I think there was also a track on it called "F*ck the Neighbors."

"No Glam F*gs" was also the original title of Marco Barbieri's metal 'zine that eventually became Ill Literature.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm

HAHAHA Just checking! I've always loved this band though.

Yeah Marco is a great friend of mine and is helping us out a lot in addition to being our publisher.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:12 pm

I hate Pansy Division! Those mother goose always had man-junk on their album covers, especially their 7" releases. The P section was my least favorite section when hitting up the record shops growing up. Luckily their albums are scarcer these days, but I still see them every now and then. Haha.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 pm

I remember when that MX came out and we used to stomp around the street chanting that.

Those were different days. Don't care much for the F-word, but I do wish more newer thrash bands would carry this flag. [and I am a bit of a hypocrite, as I am still a big Tigertailz fan].
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I'll just bring up the Meatmen in this thread too...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Nope, but it is pretty g ay
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I'll just bring up the Meatmen in this thread too...
They were also pretty ambiguous. I could never tell if they were bashing gay culture or if they were gay. At least Tesco. To stereotype, he sounds gay as hell. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:18 pm

I never got the whole "anti-glam" movement in the thrash scene. I mean, originally the attacks on "posers" meant people who only went to shows to pick up chicks and had no interest in the music (or worse, people who pretended to be in a band for the same purpose), but somehow it spiraled into a hatred for bon jovi and the like. Bands like Bon Jovi, love them or hate them, had to go through the same struggles the thrashers did, wrote their own songs, performed their own instruments. Go after real issues like corruption in the courts and such.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:40 pm

My cousin (why is it that all of my stories about the Eighties involve him!) very nearly got into a fight with the lead singer of Tigertailz because we had gone to a local club when they were playing (we didn't go to see them, we always went there) and he copped that thrash attitude and started spitting at their singer as they were playing, some threats were exchanged and in the end both of them backed down, partly because there were a lot of them, (band and roadies) and because my cousin was a big angry looking thrash dude. I always thought that it was a bit stupid though, I didn't like their music, or their image, so what?!

Incidentally they performed Creeping Death that night (maybe to prove a point, this was a long time before they recorded it) and we both had to admit that they did it pretty well.

I understand the history behind that attitude, I just thought that it was offensive and dumb then and I still do now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 pm

Fun Story Boris! I had front row tix to Rock Gone Wild a couple of years ago and they cancelled the whole festival 10 days before it happened. Yes, I only bought the VIP package for Saxon and Tigertailz. Still pisses me off.

Tigertailz is still a cluster-F to me. The music really has never been glam [since Jaimz bailed anyways], but they still wanna keep that sleezy appearance. I don't care. All of their stuff has been killer since day one. And I know that you know that they slayed Peace Sells too.

@ Ken:
"At least Tesco" - that always confused me a little too. Still not sure if they had ANY agenda or were just punk-drunk. Either way, funny stuff!

@ Hadley -
You pretty much nailed it with that post. But if you were 19-20 yrs old in 1988, hormones made ALOT of us 2-faced. Hell, I can STILL be 2-faced if it works my angle....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 am

The hatred for the glam thing started in LA and thrash was not really welcomed amongst the girly dudes in those glam bands. It just spread from there. Thrashers didn't want girly dudes in their scene either so it went both ways.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:49 am

I never heard that track before. I thought it was pretty funny. I'm sure back in the day, we would have thought it was hilarious and played at maximum volume.

PostSubject: Re: So do you find this offensive?   So do you find this offensive? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So do you find this offensive?
Page 1 of 1