Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trying to find the name of a band

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

Number of posts : 17

Trying to find the name of a band Empty
PostSubject: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 12:07 am

Several years ago I got some tracks of a european hard rock band and I can't remember the name of them. I'm hoping you all might be able to help given the description.

Style: Hard rock / a little bit metal with the guitars in places
Vocals: A somwhat nasal high pitched female vocal, very melodic
Lead woman: I seem to remember seeing a picture of her and she was quite lanky, maybe had red hair
Location: Somewhere in europe, I want to say UK, but I can't be sure
Website: Very minimalistic, had like 4 icons you could click on and see different parts of the site.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 3:10 am

Not much to go on there. You say that they were more hard rock then metal, and that should narrow it a bit down. The thing is, I can only come up with metal acts, such as Chaistain, Malteze, Messiah Force, Doro/Warlock, Ordained Fate etc. And as far as I know, only Doro is from Europe (Germany).

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 4:04 am

Sugarcoma? They were more alt-rock, though. Doubtful that's the band you're talking about. Was the band maybe more modern goth rock in style? Were they popular at all?
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 6:02 pm

I don't believe they were very popular. I remember reading a couple of articles on them on an AOR site. On in particular was an interview with the singer.

This is a good example of why you should keep up to date backups. I lost about 25% of my music collection due to a hard drive failure. This band was one of the ones I lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Alyson Avenue?
Back to top Go down
KingPest
Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:54 am

Not Sugarcoma and not Alyson Avenue, thanks for the guesses though.

I have a small bit of song that I'm trying to drag up from my memory, but I can't remember the lyrics, just a bit of the melody.

This is driving me nuts!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 1:57 am

You sure they were European and hard rock?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 12:48 pm

Heart?
Vixen?
Blonde On Blonde?

Metal novice
Metal novice
KingPest

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Found it! I was wrong on the UK thing, looks like they are from Spain.

http://www.revelationz.net/index.asp?ID=901
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:49 pm

Nexx? Never heard of them. I have two demos from a band called Nex—I think.

Looks like your band broke up.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:44 pm

KingPest wrote:
I don't believe they were very popular. I remember reading a couple of articles on them on an AOR site. On in particular was an interview with the singer.

This is a good example of why you should keep up to date backups. I lost about 25% of my music collection due to a hard drive failure. This band was one of the ones I lost.

No, date backups is not the solucion, the solucion is just buy original cd´s then only a fire can destroy them
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:04 pm

True dat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to find the name of a band   Trying to find the name of a band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to find the name of a band
Page 1 of 1