Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tatesryche signs new record deal...

Go down 
+13
Vexer6
ZombieHavoc
James B.
Lurideath
Dark Horseman
manny
Troublezone
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
SpectreFate
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

Tatesryche signs new record deal... Empty
PostSubject: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:18 am

...with Cleopatra Records, which is kinda like joining the French Foreign Legion - it may make you feel important, but nobody will care.

QUEENSRYCHE — featuring original lead singer GEOFF TATE at the helm — have just signed a worldwide record deal with Los Angeles-based independent record label, Cleopatra Records.

Although a line-up was originally announced in the fall of 2012, things have changed.

The band will now feature TATE along with bassist RUDY SARZO (Ozzy/Dio/Whitesnake/Quiet Riot), guitarist KELLY GRAY (Queensryche 1998 – 2001), keyboardist RANDY GANE (Myth), drummer BOBBY BLOTZER and stellar new additions, guitarist ROBERT SARZO (Quiet Riot/Hurricane) and drummer SIMON WRIGHT (AC/DC /Dio/Rhino Bucket). WRIGHT will be in the studio and on the road with the band, while BLOTZER will be primarily utilized in the studio.

QUEENSRYCHE, with all members cited above, will soon be entering the studio for the first Cleopatra effort due out later this year.

The recording will mark the band’s thirteenth studio album and its first with this particular line-up.

Legendary guitar slinger K.K. Downing of Judas Priest fame will be making a special guest appearance on the forthcoming CD.

“I try to surround myself with the best players available and feel our longtime fans deserve nothing less,” states GEOFF TATE. “I expect the forthcoming effort to be one of our best yet.”

http://cleorecs.com/home/queensryche-signs-with-cleopatra-records/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:24 am

Ty Tabor is also said to be involved...that makes me sad.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:25 am

Quote :
BLOTZER will be primarily utilized in the studio.

Translation: "He can't pull this sh*t off live" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 am

I like how Rudy called his brother and asked him to join. This is going to be AMAZINGly terrible.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:35 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I like how Rudy called his brother and asked him to join. This is going to be AMAZINGly terrible.

but...but... these are "stellar new additions!" Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep - read that too..... I hope he comes to his senses and runs from this train wreck. And what in the world is KK thinking?????

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

but...but... these are "stellar new additions!" Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard

I bet he's trying to get something out before the court date in November, last ditch effort to make some cash since he solo career has crashed and burned already.... having taken Business Law in college there is no way the judge will give him the rights to the name. A majority of Partners are allowed to fire one from a corporation. He will receive what he is due financially from the corporation, but he won't get the name.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 am

Quote :
I bet he's trying to get something out before the court date in November,

So now it's a race to the marketplace between him and the "other" QR...

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:04 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep - read that too..... I hope he comes to his senses and runs from this train wreck.

Yeah...me too. But, he does have to make a living...money is money. If he gets paid to do a solo or write a song, I can't blame him.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I bet he's trying to get something out before the court date in November,

So now it's a race to the marketplace between him and the "other" QR...

True..... and Tateryche is behind. Todd La Torre posted that he was doing vocals for the new album in LA this week, so I would expect that Queesnryche's album is almost is just about finished (outside of mixing). I wonder which label will release Queesnryche's album.... I am betting it will be a bigger name that the label that release William Shatner's latest!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 am

I find it odd that Tate didn't pull any members of his new band from folks with more "progressive" musicianship in their backgrounds.

Simon Wright, Blotzer, Sarzo. All fine musicians in their own field of arena rock, but you don't think of them as "prog rock".

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:00 pm

I can't see this getting released as "Queensryche", the other guys will get an injunction against him and probably neither album will get released until the court case is complete.

This is the Wrathchild America/Wrathchild UK thing all over again (Climbin' The Walls was delayed for 2 years while that was getting settled).
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:03 pm

S.D. wrote:
I can't see this getting released as "Queensryche", the other guys will get an injunction against him and probably neither album will get released until the court case is complete.

QUEERSRYCHE is available.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yep - read that too..... I hope he comes to his senses and runs from this train wreck.

Yeah...me too. But, he does have to make a living...money is money. If he gets paid to do a solo or write a song, I can't blame him.

That was my thought.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Since he's got the Sarzo brothers in his band, I was thinking "QuietRyche" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote :
QuietRyche

Oooo I like that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:13 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
QuietRyche

Oooo I like that. Smile

Not only is it catchy, but it's likely that it would also sum up the record buying public's reaction to their album. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:15 pm

A contract signed in spit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:18 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Tate doesn't have the fashion sense or hipness to use that name, he would be laughed out of West Hollywood. lol!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 pm

S.D. wrote:

This is the Wrathchild America/Wrathchild UK thing all over again (Climbin' The Walls was delayed for 2 years while that was getting settled).

I am in agreement, no way will this album get released, not only that, didn't he just release a solo album?

They keep this crap up, they are going to devalue the name Queensryche, more so they already have.

K.K. Downing is golf buddies with Geoff Tate, and maybe he is doing it as favor to metal's answer to Lex Luthor
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Tate's Queef-ryche
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 pm

As a longtime fan i'm not really impressed. Try again.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Tate's Queef-ryche

...and it will last just as long. Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Tatesryche signs new record deal... Scabry10
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:58 pm

In related news, Cleopatra Records has also snapped up Jack Russell's Great White, Oliver/Dawson Saxon and Luca Turrilli's Rhapsody. They'll all be opening for TateRyche on the forthcoming "Double Vision" package tour.

Unsubstantiated reports suggest that Tracii Guns may reform his version of L.A. Guns to join them on the road.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tatesryche signs new record deal...   Tatesryche signs new record deal... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tatesryche signs new record deal...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next