Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the deal ?

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
nevermore
jstate
mlotek
MoonChild
metalhead777
exact33
stpatrik
Leatherface
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
DallasBlack
mc666
James B.
18 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:36 pm

greetings and salutations:

In the mood for metal ? What makes it give ya that warm fuzzy ?

Is it the vocals ?......the guitar ?.....The drums ?.... the speed ?......the bass ?.....the album cover ?......the look ?.....the crunch ?..... what ?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:33 am

it's probably the alcohol

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 am

The passion and power of it all. Also the guitar solos, but that goes with almost all rock music.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:09 am

Great riffs first and foremost.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:16 am

mc666 wrote:

I thought it was all those gnarly album covers.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 2:19 am

mc666 wrote:

yeah, an honest answer

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:13 am

The entire package.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:10 am

I dont know - its in essence something really primal, though the music also speaks to my intellect. In short, life would suck for me without Metal.

Women? My hearts been broken severel times. Jobs? Hard to deal with. And so on.

Metal is always there to pick me up. Metal brings me happiness and sooths my mind.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 9:24 am

its the furry dice...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 am

Leatherface wrote:
The entire package.

oh boy could that be easily misconstrued Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:16 pm

a few aspects.
The album art certainly contributes. The groove of the music, a nice keyboard and some great guitar lines and a good feel for atmosphere. Vocals can add but never really take away.
All of this is probably the reason I'm a huge Sigh fan. Imaginary Sonicscapes is my vision of the perfect album
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:44 pm

My Mood: at times it is the guitars, at times is is the vocals, at times it is the bass and drums, at times it is the lyrics................. mostly it is a whole package!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:18 pm

kickass riffs and vocals.
Cool artwork helps if you are in a record store and unfamiliar with a band, but the lamers figured this out and also put awesome art on crappy albums.

Since so much lame ass garbage is considered "metal" and featured in mags like Terrorizer, I have to look to garage rock/girl bands that have more balls.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 pm

All comes down to what I'm feeling at the time. Really a combination of everything.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I think it's a little of everything from the art to the power and conviction of the music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:17 am

Quote :
Metal brings me happiness and sooths my mind.

I think I'll go with that too. I'm lazy this morning.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Too sum it up for me.....I can put on "Hell Awaits" by Slayer and fall asleep. Some may misunderstand that statement, but some will get it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:28 pm

James B. wrote:
Too sum it up for me.....I can put on "Hell Awaits" by Slayer and fall asleep. Some may misunderstand that statement, but some will get it.

That makes perfect sense to me. Metal soothes my soul. All kinds.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Joe wrote:
James B. wrote:

That makes perfect sense to me. Metal soothes my soul. All kinds.

My ol' lady will come in screaming "turn that crap off" and I am snoring, Then she'll trip, "how can you fall asleep with all that noize ?"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:59 pm

To me its the feel and the passion that is put into it. The way the riffs interact with all the other components of the band, the way the drums react to other components, the vocals if they are good or not! I look at the whole package but its gotta have the feeling I am looking for.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:00 pm

It's the unexplained Random Mood

Sometimes I find myself tripping to old school Punk for hours, after that it just wanes, so it's definitely not the riffs and the vocals because Punk is ugly haha

Sometimes it's the Nostalgia factor, because I remember each moment the first time I listened to each cassette or CD that I have ever owned, when I want to re-visit or re-live that feeling, I listen to that album, for example, When I received my very first salary from my very first job, I bought KILL 'EM ALL cd as a treat for myself, whenever I want that feeling, I listen to that album

Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:17 am

What do you mean the best part? I want it all!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Sponsored content

What's the deal ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's the deal ?   What's the deal ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the deal ?
Page 1 of 1