Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Empty
PostSubject: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 12:33 am

I live in the middle of nowhere, and there really isn't much for music going on. We do have a pretty nice Christian free festival once a year, with some pretty decent bands coming in from Chicago. Been lame as far as Metal the last couple years though. Once a year there is a fair the next county over, that has a free concert on Saturday night. Usually we end up with Loverboy, or Styx if we are lucky, somebody like that. But this year it's the Blue Oyster Cult! I'm pretty pumped, and it's free!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:20 am

boc isn't much better than styx & loverboy..but whatever makes you happy. i'm glad for you.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 1:58 pm

If I had to choose between one of those three, I'd rather see B.O.C. than Styx or Loverboy...and you can't beat free either. Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2007 5:44 pm

Well, it's all a matter of perspective. What are my alternatives to seeing BOC that Saturday night? Probably sitting on the front porch listening to the goats fart. So anything that sounds better than goats farting is going to get us pretty excited here in the boonies!
p.s.-I have heard many bands that don't sound better than goats farting, but BOC isn't one of them IMO. Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:58 am

Hear this. I just found out that the BOC concert is going to feature Bruce Dickenson on the Cowbell! I'm really pumped up now. (see Will Ferrell/Christopher Walken SNL sketch).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 1:27 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Hear this. I just found out that the BOC concert is going to feature Bruce Dickenson on the Cowbell! I'm really pumped up now. (see Will Ferrell/Christopher Walken SNL sketch).
unless Dickenson is singing... it doesn't sweeten any deal. scratch

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 12:25 pm

"I have a FEVER... and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!!!"

Dude, if you go to this B.O.C. show, I guarantee that you will hear at least one drunk in the crowd shout "MORE COWBELL!" sometime during the show Smile
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 5:47 pm

Well he'll be in luck, cause I'm bringin' my cowbell!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2007 7:48 pm

BOC rule, I would love to see them live, especially if it was free. I would pay though if I had to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)   A big deal in the hinterland (BOC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A big deal in the hinterland (BOC)
Page 1 of 1