Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does your local library have metal cd's?

Go down 
+19
Glower
stevegarveyfan
brokentulsa
Gilbert
James B.
MetalGuy71
deathisgain
80s Metal Lady
Lari
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
nevermore
jstate
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
TheGreatDuck
Fat Freddy
Hadley
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 12:59 pm

A public library lets you loan books, magazines, movies, music for free.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 1:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Pardon my question but there are no "libraries" around here. Do you get to rent cds?

Check them out for free for a few weeks, just like books.

Oops.... I didn't see the post by Lari before I replied.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Around here bookstores are called libraries.

This is why I was asking my stupid question.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Around here bookstores are called libraries.

This is why I was asking my stupid question.

I'm very curious now. So what do you call a place that we call public libraries?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:33 pm

There are none around here Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:
There are none around here Rolling Eyes

Bummer!

If it wasn't for the public library near my junior high school, I would have never discovered a lot of authors and musicians(mostly records) that I dig now. I even worked there during my 8th grade year.

I went to this tiny library until I moved to Sacramento in 1997.

The real treat was going to the multi-story library downtown. It was an amazing place!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Yes..the Tulsa library has metal cd's, metal books and even some metal on video concerts...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 9:20 pm

As I stated earlier in this thread, my small town library doesn't have a CD collection in house but you can order them or any other materials (books, DVDs, etc.) from other libraries in the county system via the Web and they'll send them to "my" library for pickup. I've never checked out any CDs, but I've borrowed countless movie DVDs that way, plus a good # of books by and about rock/metal artists (Tony Iommi's Iron Man bio, Dee Snider's Shut Up and Give Me the Mic, Peter Criss and Paul Stanley's books, etc.) ...

So anyway, inspired by this thread, I pulled up the county library system's web page today on a whim and punched "Heavy Metal" into the search field. Most of the CDs that came up were common stuff that I either already own or don't want, but a couple of interesting things came up that I put on "hold" to have sent to me:

Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 51ZljEgXdTL
"Nova Rex: Ain't Easy Being Cheesy" - a DVD documentary about a long lost hair metal band. Never heard of the band or the movie but this seemed like an awfully random/obscure thing for the library to have so I figured I'd check it out.

Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 51T7HvRF0IL
"Louder than Hell: The Definitive Oral History of Heavy Metal" by Jon Wiederhorn

Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 61OdeOABUfL
"Bang Your Head: The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal" by David Konow

Dave Ellefson's autobiography is also in the system but I can't put it on "hold" yet cuz apparently it's too new. A staff member told me that its "home" library gets to keep it exclusively for the first 180 days before allowing it to be loaned out to other branches. Boooooo!

There was no sign of Scott Ian's book, which I'd also like to read, but I'll keep checking back...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your local library have metal cd's?   Does your local library have metal cd's? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does your local library have metal cd's?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2