Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?

Go down 
+22
AchrisK
thejokeriv
TheGooch
mez
EvyMetal
Troublezone
sam
Todd Jaymz
krokus
INVADERS
mc666
the sentinel
nevermore
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Stender
arttieTHE1manparty
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
Leatherface
XYZ
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Empty
PostSubject: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 pm

A Passion Play - Jethro Tull

Time: 45:00

As far as metal goes:

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Dream Theater

Time: 41:58

Although, this song is broken into eight different tracks.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:24 pm

I have Earth's Earth 2 cd and it's basically one song divided into three parts and runs about 72 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 11:38 pm

You're serious?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:00 am

"Jerusalem" by Sleep or Edge of Sanity "Crimson" I guess.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 am

Probably "I" by Meshugga...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:08 am

No idea, but off the top of my head Green Carnation's "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" runs for just over an hour. And it's just one song, it's not broken up into parts!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 am

chronicle of the seven seals by Veni Domine is like 21 min not broken into seperate tracks.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:20 am

The longest song not broken into separate parts in my library is:

Shadow Gallery-First Light (34:18)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 am

Dallas, your sig is huge.

no song should ever be 45 minutes long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:43 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 6:52 am

THe Ivory Gate of Dreams - Fates Warning is one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
No idea, but off the top of my head Green Carnation's "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" runs for just over an hour. And it's just one song, it's not broken up into parts!

That's the first one I thought of too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:51 am

I guess if you count Iced Earth's various "trilogies" (i.e. "Burnt Offerings," "Gettysburg," "Something Wicked," etc.) as one long song, then it would be one of those.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 am

too many, but the best for sure is the 20 minute epoc "revelation" from saviour machine demo....only for some true "goths" though,hehehehe....even the major goth clubs never played this one....neither they when i saw them in germany, in one of my best gigs ever, with veni domine and soul cages....

the second to come in mind is the "achilles" from manowar.....but i can't listen to all of it anymore.....but still remember the 10 000+ people in athens who stopped the traffic in the morning while waiting to get the triumph of "potatoes" from the store(and when not anybody could get a copy of the vinyl, the tape and the cd lots of fights have started)...the other day major newspapers came with large titles " manowar fans made rebellion in the streets of athens"....great times....i have somewhere in the megavaults some cuttings from that day...i'll post them when i'll find them....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 am

Green Carnation's Light Of Day,Day Of Darkness and Sleep's Jerusalem
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:19 am

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Metropolis 2: Scenes from A Memory
Fates Warning - Ivory Gates Of Dreams
A Pleasant Shade of Gray
Symphony X - The Oddysey
The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Iron Maiden - Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:56 am

Id have to go with: Vinnie Vincent- Speedball Jamm, it comes in around 72 minutes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:51 am

Probably Dream Theater's A Change Of Seasons. I don't have much in the extra-song longs. I do have a lot of live albums with 30 minute + jams, though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm

Napalm Death's You Suffer

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 12:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
Napalm Death's You Suffer

lol
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Maybe AT WAR WITH SATAN by VENOM.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 pm

Didn't see this one Sleeps.....Dope Smoker ep, 68 plus a few minutes-TJ
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 8:42 pm

syrus wrote:
too many, but the best for sure is the 20 minute epoc "revelation" from saviour machine demo....only for some true "goths" though,hehehehe....even the major goth clubs never played this one....neither they when i saw them in germany, in one of my best gigs ever, with veni domine and soul cages....

the second to come in mind is the "achilles" from manowar.....but i can't listen to all of it anymore.....but still remember the 10 000+ people in athens who stopped the traffic in the morning while waiting to get the triumph of "potatoes" from the store(and when not anybody could get a copy of the vinyl, the tape and the cd lots of fights have started)...the other day major newspapers came with large titles " manowar fans made rebellion in the streets of athens"....great times....i have somewhere in the megavaults some cuttings from that day...i'll post them when i'll find them....

i always thought manowar were really kitten, but starting rebellions is truly metal 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:05 am

krokus wrote:
Maybe AT WAR WITH SATAN by VENOM.

That is my longest song. It is also my favorite song right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 am

last time i checked i had a messed up version of Black Sabbaths Time Machine that was 24 minutes long it was 4 minutes of sabbath and then 20 minutes of slince and the odd noise here or there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?   What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the Longest Song in Your Music Library?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next