Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore

Go down 
+8
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Rex
Chairman_Smith
Smindas
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Empty
PostSubject: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:19 am

Quote :

Guitarist Steve Smyth has officially parted ways with NEVERMORE, citing personal and business differences.

"All
things find their end eventually, and at this time I wish to make it
clear that this was mutually agreed between the band and myself," Steve said in a statement.

"I will continue on with other aspects of my music career, including the upcoming release of THE ESSENESS PROJECT, an all-instrumental album in the vein of progressive rock that is now finished and being prepared for release."

He
continued, "After a year and four months of being out of the touring
scene due to ill health and then a kidney transplant, I have finally
been given a full health clearance by my doctors to go back on the
road, and I am now ready to return to the stage.

"I am proud and extremely honored to have been a guest of Uli Jon Roth at his Sky Academy
concert series this past weekend, August 24th and 25th , in L.A. What
an awesome experience! To jam with one of the greatest, as well as
several other incredible guitarists and musicians
who have been big influences on my playing over the years, and to make
new friends as well, the whole thing was just incredible. Many thanks
to Uli for inviting me, it was truly an honor!

"I am now embarking on a six-week of tour of Europe with my friends from the Danish thrash metal band, SPV recording artists HATESPHERE, first supporting BEHEMOTH in Poland, and then joining the DIMMU BORGIR tour. I have been a fan of HATESPHERE and friends with the band since 2003, when they opened for TESTAMENT at a festival we played together, and absolutely look forward to getting out with them and together, crushing Europe!"

During Smyth's time away from the touring circuit, NEVERMORE has been utilizing the services of longtime session guitarist Chris Broderick (JAG PANZER).

NEVERMORE has begun the songwriting process for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor", tentatively due next year via Century Media Records.

Somewhat expected, but a shame none the less. This Godless Endeavour has such a great feel to it and it's still yet to be seen how much of that 'tone' had to do with Smyth's contributions. He did seem to be a good fit in the band. Still, Chris Broderick is more than competent live, as I discovered at Bloodstock, though I'm not sure about his creative skills. Ah well, good luck Steve with whatever you do next.

And yes, I did just regurgitate a Blabber story.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:57 am

I DID NOT!

Oh Steve SMYTH not Smith... sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:01 am

Bummer. Sad
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:16 am

Bummer indeed. At least I was able to see this line-up once. Even got to meet them and have them sign my CD.

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:18 am

Sad news indeed, but they have been through line-up changes before. Hopefully this won't slow them down. They're one of my favorite bands.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:21 am

Well, that bites. Sad
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:21 am

meh...as long as Jeff Loomis doesn't leave, Nevermore will still be Nevermore.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 11:26 am

mc666 wrote:
meh...as long as Jeff Loomis doesn't leave, Nevermore will still be Nevermore.

That's kinda what I was thinking as well. Loomis, in my opinion, is the driving musical force behind the band.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 2:19 pm

Well, I saw them with Broderick live, and i will not miss Smyth.......

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:40 pm

TGE was a really great album probably my second favorite nevermore album after DNB.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 4:40 am

I'm Gutted . . . .Steve Smyth was an awesome addition to the Nevermore fold.
TGE was my fav Nevermore album.

Hope they keep Chris Broderick in the fold as he is definatley a worthy replacement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 11:51 pm

I would LOVE that gig if I could keep up. But I think my Christianity and Warrell's views might clash a tad!! Anyone heard 'bout auditions though??Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore 543534
God Bless!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 3:22 am

T. Walker wrote:
I would LOVE that gig if I could keep up. But I think my Christianity and Warrell's views might clash a tad!! Anyone heard 'bout auditions though??Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore 543534
God Bless!

Hey Walker, you actually look a lot like Smyth in your pic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore   Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Smyth leaves Nevermore
Page 1 of 1