Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Empty
PostSubject: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Anyone heard these guys? Described as a mix of Nevermore mixed with Lacuna Coil. Not too bad.
Samples:
http://cdbaby.com/cd/chaoswave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm

Have not heard this. But I know Steve is working on a new project w/ Jamie from Biomechanical...really heavy/thrashy stuff...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:14 pm

I haven't heard this either, but I think it should be pointed out that Steve Smyth just did some guest guitar work on this album. This isn't a side project of his nor is he a member of the band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Steve is also in Forbidden right now.

Haven't heard this either but if its compared to Lacuna Coil, then I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 8:44 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Haven't heard this either but if its compared to Lacuna Coil, then I'll pass.

same here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Anyone heard these guys? Described as a mix of Nevermore mixed with Lacuna Coil. Not too bad.
Samples:
[url=http://cdbaby.com/cd/chaoswave
http://cdbaby.com/cd/chaoswave[/quote[/url]]

Checked out the clips. Pretty cool stuff. I'm not hearing much of female vocals, but then again it's only 30 second clips. Male vocals are clean. I thought they'd be more gruff in contrast to the female. I'm not familair with Lacuna Coil, so I can't compare. I'll keep an eye out forthis one if/when cdbaby lists it in the $5 section. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:31 pm

I love the $5 section. I'm not hearing much Lacuna Coil, maybe it's just because a female sings.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:33 pm

You lost me with the Lacunal Coil comparison Sad

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:35 pm

Guys, check it out. I'm hearing much more Nevermore.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:38 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I love the $5 section. I'm not hearing much Lacuna Coil, maybe it's just because a female sings.

I'm not familiar with them, but I was under the impression Lacuna Coil has mostly female vocals, with the male suppling harsher harmony vocals. The clips I heard of Chaosweave sounded primarilary male with some addition female vocs thrown in.

And yea, that $5 section is awesome, but dangerous to the wallet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:41 pm

Checked out a couple of clips. They have both male and female vox, so I guess that is why they are likened to Lacunal Coil. The clips were ok enough, i guess.

PostSubject: Re: Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore   Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaosweave-with Steve Smyth of Nevermore
Page 1 of 1