Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature

Go down 
+22
Required Fields
T-Roy
brokentulsa
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
DallasBlack
exact33
Stender
Lari
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
stepcousin
jettafiend
Leatherface
SpectreFate
manny
ZombieHavoc
Shawn Of Fire
deathisgain
Dark Horseman
James B.
Fat Freddy
Chrome Locust
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
So now the hair on your butt crack needs the trims? Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 778825

so that was you peeking in the window

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 pm

other than long hair and rock t-shirts I never really got into the whole rock-n-roll image thing. To me, hard rock and heavy metal fans can be just as poser-ish as glam and hair metal fans or even hip hoppers and rappers. A wannabe is a wannabe no matter what kind of music they like. For me, it was and still is all about the music, not the image or the hair or how cool you dress. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:45 pm

ugh. No, forget it. I am not telling THAT story...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

I used to walk around in public with steel spiked armbands and studded belt.

I still have the hair, but that's about it. I rarely even wear band shirts. My wife thinks they're kitschy.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:48 pm

When I was in stupid love with looking metal in high school I wore tight jeans (albeit a pair of zebra print tights at one point with a bitchin Discharge patch on em. Want some get some, babe) and leather jackets and what not. Spectrefate/uncle sax may even remember me wearing leather at long beach or HB or wherever the hell we were in dead August once.

Since then, ive realized you can avoid a lot of trouble (assholes, cops, name it) by just looking as normal as possible. I have a patch jacket and I sew patches onto alot of my jackets and pants still, but I would say my wardrobe now is more about functionality than fashion.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 7:52 pm

never happened to me. I have always been a jeans, sneakers and t-shirt kind of guy, most of which are sports teams. I have really short hair and no tattoos.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 8:26 am

I did fail to mention that in 7th grade, I was guilty of ridiculous hair. It wasn't quite a mullet, I guess. It was definitely long in the back, slightly less long around the ears, and then some weird bangs type of thing that I gelled down in front of my eyes.

That coupled with a Bart Simpson shirt, black stone-washed jeans and K-Mart high tops...not much reason to wonder why I got beat up on the daily.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am

James B. wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:
I had hair to my butt crack on graduation night (May 1983)

Know I keep the head shaved and grow the beard long

I'm guessing a few tats either arm as as well. I only got the one - been meaning to get a match for the left arm.

My shoulders are capped and I am blasted to the elbows on both arms (half sleeves)

Ink is kewl but has gottten way too trendy.

It definitely doesn't make someone automatically kewl, much less more kewl than those who don't have any.

Yeah, I'd never get anything to the wrists either. I'd have got my shoulders capped in the past only I had a very bad accident, I got run over when I was 17, and my right shoulder is a mess. It works fine, but scarred to bejesus and impossible to ink. Tats are too trendy these days, so I'd I only go one more to match up the right arm. Need to score the bread first though - nbot cheap this end. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:49 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:
Chrome Locust wrote:
James B. wrote:
I had hair to my butt crack on graduation night (May 1983)

Know I keep the head shaved and grow the beard long

I'm guessing a few tats either arm as as well. I only got the one - been meaning to get a match for the left arm.

My shoulders are capped and I am blasted to the elbows on both arms (half sleeves)

Ink is kewl but has gottten way too trendy.

It definitely doesn't make someone automatically kewl, much less more kewl than those who don't have any.

Yeah, I'd never get anything to the wrists either. I'd have got my shoulders capped in the past only I had a very bad accident, I got run over when I was 17, and my right shoulder is a mess. It works fine, but scarred to bejesus and impossible to ink. Tats are too trendy these days, so I'd I only go one more to match up the right arm. Need to score the bread first though - nbot cheap this end. headbanger

Tattoos and piercings are oddly very trendy now, atleast professional ones. I only have on professional tattoo the rest are homemade "stick and pokes". All you need is a sewing machine engine and the knowledge from some dude who went to prison to make your own Tattoo gun.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 12:50 pm

Stender wrote:

All you need is a sewing machine engine and the knowledge from some dude who went to prison to make your own Tattoo gun.

...and a lack of fear of infection. Wink
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 pm

Wasn't old enough to fall victim to that as I didn't listen to metal til the early 90s. I did however, fall victim to the pants hanging past your ass and bandana craze in the early 90s. I barely listened to rap but that was the fasion of the "cool" guys. I was always picked on and bullied and I wanted to try to fit in to hopefully stop or reduce it. Never worked and eventually I said "screw them" and ever since then I've dressed the way I wanted to and that happens to be jeans and t-shirt. Besides, the baggy pants thing is highly uncomfortable and quite frankly, looks downright stupid.

I did have a mullet but mainly because I was only allowed to grow it in the back and once I started living with my dad I wasn't even allowed to do that. I wasn't allowed hair past the ears, eyebrows, and shirt collar (dress shirt collar not t-shirt collar). My dad thought my want of long hair was a phase I would grow out of but if you've seen the pictures of me I posted, you know it wasn't Very Happy .

I don't dress the way I do because I think it's required of metal fans, I actually enjoy the metal look (denim, leather, band shirts, etc.) and plus I find it comfortable. However, I don't wear much denim anymore unless it's required for a job. I have some camo cargo pants and I wear them more than anything (then camo cargo shorts during nice weather). Apart from those, I wear nothing but t-shirts (usually band shirts which I collect), loose pants (occasionally leather pants in the fall/winter), and boots. Most of my jackets are leather. I have a motorcycle jacket I've had since I was 16 (next year I will be getting a new one) and a leather overcoat I've had since 2002. I wear the wristbands on occasion but that's very rare.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:57 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Stender wrote:

All you need is a sewing machine engine and the knowledge from some dude who went to prison to make your own Tattoo gun.

...and a lack of fear of infection. Wink

lol!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm

S.D. wrote:
I was yet another of the band t-shirt, blue jeans, biker boots and leather jacket crowd. Most of the bands I liked to listen to at the time dressed basically the same way I did.

This is one of my two or three basic everyday outfits. lol!

I have both tight silver PVC (vinyl) pants, and electric blue PVC pants, whether they're a crime and how high is really in the eye of the beholder. Very much in the eye. lol!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:08 pm

I have been into glam metal since I was a kid and when I was a teen it showed. I wore the British and Japanese flag shirts, band shirts, spandex, and by the late 80s I was sporting the Motley Crue "Theater of Pain" look..big hair and all. I loved pink, purple and zebra prints for shirts.
Now its jeans and band shirts and occasionally Hawaiian shirts in the winter and band shirts, Hawaiian shirts and shorts in the summer. I still wear old school canvas Nikes. I have hair down to the middle of my back (straight 70s long hair) and my arms are covered in Tattoos. My ink isn't the traditional stuff you see the young guys get but more "Biker"...confederate flag surrounded by black flames, naked women and a phoenix with whiskey bent and hell bound tattooed under it...nothing like walking around a conservative city with Hell bound tattooed on ya Razz
My wife is also covered in ink and has Red hair and tons of earrings. nothing sexier to me than women with lots of ink!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I had a black leather jacket with fringes across the back and down the arms. That was about as "criminal" as I got. Some of the old timers 'round here probably remember a photo I posted of myself in it some time ago, don't know where that thread is now though. I bought that jacket cuz Dave Mustaine had worn the same one in the "No More Mr. Nice Guy" video (and I thought it would make me stand out from my friends, all of whom had the basic, plain black biker jacket). Unfortunately, Jon Bon Jovi also wore the same one in one of his videos so I ended up taking a lot of crap for it. Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 19976

Oh, and I had a pair of the fingerless black leather "driving gloves", which I stopped wearing cuz they made my hands sweat and the dye in the gloves would stain my hands blue for a couple of days. Laughing very hard
Rolling Eyes THE FIRST NAME THAT POPPED INTO MY HEAD UPON READING THE OPENING POST...WAS YOU! Laughing very hard

I just knew it!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm

The one style I really hated was the fishnet anything look. The shirts especially just seemed ga-hey to me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
The one style I really hated was the fishnet anything look. The shirts especially just seemed ga-hey to me.

Fishnet shirts usually are. lol!
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:24 pm

At the end of the day - can't beat a good old pair of well worn sweat pants to lounge about the house in. Smile
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:43 pm

I don't know if it counts, but my mom has some negative reactions to a few of my metal shirts, especially my Kreator - Pleasure to Kill shirt. I wonder what she'd think if she saw some of the photos I have with hot women when I've worn it, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Chrome Locust wrote:
At the end of the day - can't beat a good old pair of well worn sweat pants to lounge about the house in. Smile

with strategicly placed holes for easy access

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Some of those well known glam rock artists from the 70's had shocking outfits - Bowie and Glitter spring to mind. Worse than most 'metal' artists!

I never had much, just the odd Metallica t-shirt. Also tops featuring Mortification and Horde.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:39 pm

I had the leather biker jacket and ripped jeans. With the jeans, allot of the rips were done on purpose with an Exacto blade. I would sometimes paint or draw on them too. On my jean jackets as well. Art school will have that effect. Wore blue or black jeans. I had a pair or 2 of acid-wash too.

I had a couple pairs of boots. Black suede cowboy boots with the silver tips and chains for nights out, plain brown ones for daywear. Or sometimes black combat boots. I still wear the combat boots every now & then and I'm wearing black biker boots right now at work.

Shirts were usually of the band variety or something with a snarky comment. Not much has changed there either.

The one item that I ditched completely was the leather vest. Not sure what I was going for there.

Never did the spandex or animal print stuff. I stuck mostly with plain black whenever possible.

12 years of Catholic schooling prevented the growing of long hair, which was probably for the best anyway. When I did graduate and let it grow, I discovered that my hair grew out instead of down. I looked like Fred Coury from the cover of the 'Night Songs' album. That look lasted for a year or 2. Now it's just short. I'm starting to see more grays popping up these days, but at least it's still on my head.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 pm

For those who don't follow the metal thead, this is as "metal" as I get (though my wristbands are usually bigger-though at the time of the picture, I could only find the small ones):

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Dsc03311
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Remember the "sports equipment" look (see stryken and mid-80s raven promo pics)? Its probably a good thing THAT never caught on big.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm gonna say yes and no.

I followed the Thrash/Hardcore dress code to the letter in my early teens (later the punk dress code) So yes!

But I never wore cowboy boots, any kind of spandex or a fishnet shirt so thankfully no!

Now if it's comfortable and not to grim I'll wear it. I still own a Misfits and a C.B.G.Bs T Shirt but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature   Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal fashion victims - crimes against nature
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next