Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project

Go down 
+28
MetalRob331
SpectreFate
Chairman_Smith
Boris2008
kyleblack
mlotek
metalheaded
Alex Dee Rokket
Lurideath
jstate
A Handful of Wayne
ZombieHavoc
Cliffy
mc666
kmorg
Addy
adrian
Leatherface
Temple of Blood
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Eyesore
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
James B.
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone pick this up? Or download it, I should say. If not, you should. It's excellent. It's a shame it's just a digital thing right now; I'd love a physical copy.

Anyway, great little EP. It's like Motorhead meets Down meets latter-day Corrosion of Conformity.

Physical cds are available from his website...

http://newstedheavymetal.com/

Limited edition, $10 bucks each (+ $3 s&h) and signed by Jasonic hisself. Get 'em while they're hot!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Anyone pick this up? Or download it, I should say. If not, you should. It's excellent. It's a shame it's just a digital thing right now; I'd love a physical copy.

Anyway, great little EP. It's like Motorhead meets Down meets latter-day Corrosion of Conformity.

Physical cds are available from his website...

http://newstedheavymetal.com/

Limited edition, $10 bucks each (+ $3 s&h) and signed by Jasonic hisself. Get 'em while they're hot!
Good thing I didn't pay for the digital copies. Laughing
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:29 pm

thanks just ordered mine

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thanks just ordered mine

Ditto
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 1:45 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
thanks just ordered mine

Ditto
+2
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:54 am

I'm still on the fence. $13 for 4 songs seems a bit steep, but the collectibility of it has me wanting it.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 10:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm still on the fence. $13 for 4 songs seems a bit steep, but the collectibility of it has me wanting it.

Yup, it sucked me in as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 2:49 pm

I'm just fearful a full album will be forth coming down the line with the same songs. But the autograph copy is very tempting. May just bite the bullet on it. Sounds great too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:10 pm

I like this dude as a musician and a person. What I know of him as a person, anyway. He doesn't need my money, of course, but I like to support good people doing good things.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 4:40 pm

jstate wrote:
I'm just fearful a full album will be forth coming down the line with the same songs. But the autograph copy is very tempting. May just bite the bullet on it. Sounds great too.

That's kinda where I'm at too. I don't want to buy the ep if an album is forthcoming. I can take or leave the autographed part. I'm not a big collector of that sorta stuff anyway. It's a cool bonus, but not essential to me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Listened to this in its entirety. Not bad, but not very good either. It could have been better in my opinion. Just more run of the mill type stuff.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:05 pm

I see both a positive and a 'negative' about this release:

The positive is Newsted is back musically and playing metal. I think this is a sentiment shared by most. Might I also add another positive that he has returned with consistent effort - referring to the presentation of the songs all performed by him and collected neatly within an EP. This is more than can be said about his past, somewhat erratic, musical endeavors which were all over the place: one album here and there with Voivod, a sporadic contribution to Sepultura, some project with Robb Flynn but no real release etc etc.

The 'negative' side - well not really negative but whilst the songs are good and I love them there is nothing necessarily new or ground breaking. We get that Jason Newsted likes metal and is at core a metalhead - that's great but would we still be here talking about Jason had he been just a former member of Flotsam and Jetsam and not one also of Metallica?

The attraction here is of course his former association with Metallica. I mean really, I don't see a 2 page thread about Andre Matos' solo efforts post Angra (by way of example) - you get the picture..

At the same time - I have no grand expectations from Jason and I never really said to myself oh man that one day when Jason releases an EP I hope he will kick Metallica's arse and release Justice For All part 2 with Bass. So for what it's worth, I think it's cool to see him playing metal again, the songs are okay to good and I find them enjoyable but that's about it - no second coming of anything...
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Couldn't stand it anymore and ordered it before it sold out. The "almost sold out" part of Jason's FB post convinced me to go ahead and do it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Cool interview. Looks like more EPs are coming, followed by all of them on one album.

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/feature-newsted-01-13
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Cool interview. Looks like more EPs are coming, followed by all of them on one album.

http://www.metalforcesmagazine.com/site/feature-newsted-01-13

Then for the sake of my money, I shall wait til the album for any more.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:47 pm

I got my copy today, looks like I ordered early enough to get a pick!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:41 am

This impressed me a LOT, and the production is exactly what I liked, as much as the good songwriting. I ordered it after 2 days of listening to it.
Took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive. It is the slimmest digipack I ever held. Includes the lyrics inside the cover.

I didn't see a guitar pick and I think I ordered it 2 days after it was released.. maybe I was too late... glad I didn't throw away the empty packaging just yet.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm

The guitar pick was taped to the packing slip on mine. Cheap is a good word for the packaging, I was kind of disappointed but I dislike digipacks in general.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
He doesn't need my money, of course.

I've heard that he's down to his last 50 billion squillion dollars!!

I just can't get excited about this stuff. It's not bad, just meh.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 am

kyleblack wrote:
The guitar pick was taped to the packing slip on mine. Cheap is a good word for the packaging, I was kind of disappointed but I dislike digipacks in general.

Thanks!, found the receipt/packing slip and was taped to mine too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Still waiting...

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 am

Still waiting! Anyone else still waiting?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Still waiting! Anyone else still waiting?

I got mine like 3 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:17 pm

Yeah, I got mine real fast. How long has it been? Have you e-mailed?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm

I emailed them. They claim the sent it. I didn't receive it. Hopefully they will send another one, though I noticed the first pressing of CDs are "sold out". Sort of irritating since I PRE-ordered the stupid thing.

PostSubject: Re: NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project   NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWSTED - New Jason Newsted Band Project
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next