Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
the sentinel
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
Lari
Troublezone
Thrasher73
corplhicks
MetallicSeminarian
Required Fields
fingers
17 posters

Newsted era vs Trujillo era Metallica
Newsted era Metallica
newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Vote_lcap91%newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Vote_rcap
 91% [ 20 ]
Trujillo era Metallica
newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Vote_lcap9%newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Empty
PostSubject: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Rob Trujillo to me is too funky for MetallicA its almost like having flea in Metallica and their live shows have become stale because of it and their albums too. Rob undoutably is a good bass player but he really should go back to Suicidal Tendencies. Newsted era hands down!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:39 pm

The Newsted era had AJFA, so it has my vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:51 pm

The Newsted era has a masterpiece (AJFA), a great record (TBA), a decent record (Load).

The Trujillo era has a decent record (Death Magnetic) and a crapfest of apocalyptic proportions (St. Canker Sore).

So, nothing against Trujillo's formidable skills, but the Newsted era by far.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:
The Newsted era has a masterpiece (AJFA), a great record (TBA), a decent record (Load).

The Trujillo era has a decent record (Death Magnetic) and a crapfest of apocalyptic proportions (St. Canker Sore).

Yeah there's no denying this.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 3:38 am

Newsted easily. AJFA is a masterpiece. Nothing against Trujillo but he belongs back with Suicidal.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 5:22 am

Newsted has AJFA and the "Garage Days" EP. Those two alone make his era better.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 5:49 am

I'm not much of an authority on later Metallica. I never heard Re-Load nor St.Anger. I don't really plan to either. I did like Load, but not enough to buy it.

But from what I do have, if it comes down to Justice vs Death Magnetic, it's actually pretty even. Both have good moments, and some good songs, but I don't really care for either. I should give the edge to Trujillo though, because Newsted is buried in the mix on Justice. But then again, Death Magnetic sounds terrible too. It's so loud it gets distorted.

There's also the Black Album, so I guess that means I should pick Newsted? It's just that neither 'era' is really any good to me.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:23 am

Newsted it is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:58 am

Another vote for Newsted.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:33 am

Quote :

Remember, Trujillo didn't play on St. Anger ... only the Death Magnetic album and Beyond Magnetic EP ... both of which I like fine, for whatever that's worth.

I've seen them live w/both Newsted and Trujillo and they were each decent onstage as well. Robert was around for a long time playing w/Suicidal and Ozzy long before he joined Metallica, so the dude's a pro. His "caveman" stage stance is a little weird, but that's the only complaint I had when I saw him live. Very Happy

Short answer: Newsted obviously got to play on the better record(s), but Robert doesn't sh*t the bed either. Neither of them is a deal breaker for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Remember, Trujillo didn't play on St. Anger ... only the Death Magnetic album and Beyond Magnetic EP ... both of which I like fine, for whatever that's worth.

I've seen them live w/both Newsted and Trujillo and they were each decent onstage as well. Robert was around for a long time playing w/Suicidal and Ozzy long before he joined Metallica, so the dude's a pro. His "caveman" stage stance is a little weird, but that's the only complaint I had when I saw him live. Very Happy

Short answer: Newsted obviously got to play on the better record(s), but Robert doesn't sh*t the bed either. Neither of them is a deal breaker for me.

True, but we're talking general eras, so I'm including it. (Any excuse to crap on St. Anger Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:39 am

Quote :
True, but we're talking general eras, so I'm including it. (Any reason to crap on St. Anger)

Fair enough. Let's just say that neither one of'em is worthy to carry Cliff Burton's jock strap, but Newsted came closer than Rob probably will ever have the chance to... Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
True, but we're talking general eras, so I'm including it. (Any reason to crap on St. Anger)

Fair enough. Let's just say that neither one of'em is worthy to carry Cliff Burton's jock strap. Very Happy

I'm ok with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 10:59 am

Newsted
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 11:27 am

Newsted. I like more of the material that has him playing on it (especially Justice and Garage) than I do for Trujillo (Death Mag).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Is this even a poll? Newsted by far.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 4:50 pm

The Trujillo era needs at least a couple more releases to compare the two, even though Trujllio has been in the band almost as long as Newstead was.

For what it's worth, I think Death Magnetic was at least on par with Justice, which is the best Newstead era album.
Back to top Go down
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Why don't you put Newstead partly responsible for the creation of Master of Puppets while you're at it?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 8:47 pm

Required Fields wrote:
The Newsted era had AJFA, so it has my vote.

This is the reason for my vote.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:47 pm

Newsted.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2016 2:21 pm

They both have a great pedigree and obviously are both prolific players that could have easily played well in each others "era's". I recon this topic veers to better records not necessarily better or best player.

Obviously Burton was a very creative guy, wrote some epic material and was a masterful musician. The delta clearly shows after his death and the direction Metallica went with their future releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica   newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newsted era vs trujillo era Metallica
Page 1 of 1