Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo

Go down 
+19
TheGooch
metalinmyveins
Leatherface
thejokeriv
XYZ
the sentinel
powermacho
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
MetalFRO
Hamer12
Troublezone
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
manny
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
FlyingV
fingers
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Empty
PostSubject: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 am

Newsted I think is better since he is more suited to their sound than Trujillo. Trujillo is more suited to bands like Suicidal Tendecies or even RHCP if Flea quit the band. Newsted is one of the most underrated bassists in metal James hetfield and lars Ulrich took him for granted and rejcted 90% of his tracks. Also he worte all the songs on the 1st Flotsam and Jetsam album which is one of their best albums
Back to top Go down
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:19 am

Jasonic all the way!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 am

It doesn't matter. Neither has the power to save or ruin METALLICA.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:15 am

Trujillo is technically better but Newsted was and is better with the crowd, even more so that Hetfield.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:17 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
It doesn't matter. Neither has the power to save or ruin METALLICA.

It would take a member of Temple of Blood to accomplish this.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:40 am

If you have something intelligent to contribute (meaning something besides personal attacks), I'd be interested in hearing it. Sorry that hearing other people's opinions makes you so upset that you lash out at people.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
If you have something intelligent to contribute (meaning something besides personal attacks), I'd be interested in hearing it. Sorry that hearing other people's opinions makes you so upset that you lash out at people.

Give an intelligent opinion and I will respond accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 am

Musically I'd say it's a draw. I've seen Metallica live with both guys and it didn't make a major difference in the sound which one was playing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:52 am

manny wrote:

I did. Disprove what I said in my original post.

How much impact does a bassist have in METALLICA anyway?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Musically I'd say it's a draw. I've seen Metallica live with both guys and it didn't make a major difference in the sound which one was playing.

Unintelligent opinion!!1111111 Bring on the personal attackssss!!!11111111111111
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:55 am

I have top agree with Freddy and I suppose to certain extent ToB, musically it makes no difference, since I don't believe either of those guys contributed to the songwriting. But as far as stage presence I have to give it up to Jason Newstead, everytime you watched him on stage you could tell he loved being up there and seemed to be more of a punter who was lucky enough to get a gig with his favorite band in the universe.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:56 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
manny wrote:

I did. Disprove what I said in my original post.

I just (God help me) agreed with you.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:58 am

???????????????

So you agree with me after all, after implying/stating that I don't have any intelligent opinions.

Ok dude. Thanks a lot for your contributions to this thread.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
???????????????

So you agree with me after all, after implying/stating that I don't have any intelligent opinions.

Ok dude. Thanks a lot for your contributions to this thread.

Why your welcome, sir. BTW I do not believe I implied that you don't have an intelligent opinion I think I stated you don't have any intelligent opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:01 am

Enough with the Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo 430996
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

None anymore. With Cliff Burton, he had a ton of influence on the band's sound and writing. With Newsted and Trujillo, it seems they have very little influence at all. Half the time you could barely hear Newsted. I sometimes wish he would have stayed with Flots, as his influence there was outstanding and obvious.

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 am

Quote :
With Cliff Burton, he had a ton of influence on the band's sound and writing. With Newsted and Trujillo, it seems they have very little influence at all.

It's because, IMO, James & Lars considered him an equal...not so w/ Jason and Rob...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 am

I question the official story that Cliff had tons of input in their writing. I tend to believe Dave had a lot more and he was only in the band a year or so, right?

Has Trujillo ever written a song that sounded anything like METALLICA? I can see why they wouldn't want him to write for them. Newsted on the other hand had talent in that department and probably could've been a real asset, especially during the late 90s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:11 am

I question your questioning of it...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

I'm looking at the fact that he had very few songwriting credits on the discs he played on. Mustaine had a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:13 am

They took Trujillo cuz he's a yes-man who wouldn't butt heads with James or Lars. End of story.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
They took Trujillo cuz he's a yes-man who wouldn't butt heads with James or Lars. End of story.

Yeah, plus he's got monster chops.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:16 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

What you said about Jason and Robert wasn't exactly a compliment...
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:17 am

Newstead for me. Trujillo is a great funk player & is just a jobber in Metallica. Bring on some more I.G.!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 9:18 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'm looking at the fact that he had very few songwriting credits on the discs he played on. Mustaine had a lot more.

I understand...but you don't necessarily have to have writing cred (ie, come up with a specific, original part) to enhance the overall vibe and direction of what is there...Cliff, IMO, was an intergal part of thier sound in this way...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo   Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is better for Metallica Newsted or Trujillo
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next