Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

*Favorite Films of 2012*

Go down 
+14
DallasBlack
BearOnUnicycle
adrian
iamrockerfun
MEGATRON
Required Fields
Wurthless
jettafiend
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
Fat Freddy
James B.
SpectreFate
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

*Favorite Films of 2012* Empty
PostSubject: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

Here is my list (in no particular order) of my favorite films in 2012.

Best:

Argo
Silver Linings Playbook
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Safety Not Guaranteed
Liberal Arts
Ruby Sparks
Skyfall
Django Unchained
Hitchcock
The Cabin In The Woods
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Salmon Fishing In The Yemen
End Of Watch
The Avengers
Ted
Haywire
The Five-Year Engagement
Your Sister's Sister
People Like Us
On The Road
The Dark Knight Rises
Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World
Pitch Perfect
This Is 40

Flawed but still enjoyable:
Prometheus
Deadfall
Butter
Snow White & The Huntsman
Dark Shadows
Damsels In Distress
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Campaign

Worst:
Resident Evil: Retribution
Lockout
The Apparition
Battleship
Wrath Of The Titans
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Still haven't seen Lincoln yet, but going to have to be in a very specific mood for that. I also need to eventually watch Life of Pi.

Last edited by S.D. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:22 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Quote :

What specifically didn't you like about this one? I don't think it would make anyone's top ten favorites list, but I think it complemented the franchise nicely.

Quote :
Battleship

How high were you when you decided to see this one? Wink
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm

The Hobbit, Skyfall, Avengers, and The Dark Knight Rises for me (only ones I saw)

Watching new releases at a theater is a rare treat for me. The commute to a theater is one thing but my work schedule is another animal altogether.

Quote :
Best:
The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Safety Not Guaranteed
The Cabin In The Woods
Looper
Moonrise Kingdom
Salmon Fishing In The Yemen
End Of Watch
The Avengers
Ted
Haywire
The Five-Year Engagement
Your Sister's Sister
People Like Us
On The Road
Silver Lining's Playbook
The Dark Knight Rises

Only saw two of those mentioned....looks like a good start for winter's off season movie viewing, thanks Shawn.

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:11 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

What specifically didn't you like about this one? I don't think it would make anyone's top ten favorites list, but I think it complemented the franchise nicely.

Quote :
Battleship

How high were you when you decided to see this one? Wink

I've enjoyed most of the Resident Evil movies (except for 2 which was horrid), but this latest one? It gives a whole new meaning to "non-existent script". The entire storyline was setup in about 1 minute, a storyline so threadbare that it wouldn't even make a compelling videogame, then it was just pointless, badly rendered CGI action scenes one after another after another...YAWN. A new low in a franchise that wasn't all that intelligent to begin with.

Battleship I got stuck watching at a friend's house.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm

S.D. wrote:

I've enjoyed most of the Resident Evil movies (except for 2 which was horrid), but this latest one? It gives a whole new meaning to "non-existent script". The entire storyline was setup in about 1 minute, a storyline so threadbare that it wouldn't even make a compelling videogame, then it was just pointless, badly rendered CGI action scenes one after another after another...YAWN. A new low in a franchise that wasn't all that intelligent to begin with.

I don't think we saw the same movie. But, okey dokey.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:20 pm

Hooboy. I've seen a sh*t ton of movies this year, but I don't think many of them have been 2012 releases. Since I never go to the theatre anymore and wait till stuff is released on DVD, I am perpetually a year or two behind on most things.

That said, I loved "The Avengers" and "Cabin in the Woods" (Joss Whedon for the win!) and "Prometheus" was no slouch either.

Honorable mentions: "Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil" and "The Dead" (made in 2010, DVD release in 2012).

Biggest P.O.S. I've seen all year has gotta be "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance," but I think that came out in 2011.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 pm

'Argo'

The Dark Knight Rises

The Avengers

Lincoln

Last edited by manny on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:22 pm

What can one expect from movies based on a shooter videogame. I enjoy watchin Resident Evil flics but in the end they are merely million dollar commercials for PS3 and Xbox.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:23 pm

manny wrote:

Lincoln

Haven't seen that but I did see "Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Since I am too lazy to open another window. can some brutha throw me a bone ?

What is 'Argo" about ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

James B. wrote:

What is 'Argo" about ?

A great film based on real life events:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argo_(2012_film)

This will tell you the what flick is about
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm not a movie buff by any means and I spend most of my movie watching time in the 1940s and 50s.

But for me in 2012....

1. Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World

2. Anna Karenina

3. Prometheus

4. The Avengers

5. Snow White & The Huntsman

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:27 pm

manny wrote:

He SAID he was too lazy to open a new window, Manny. Geez! Very Happy

Quote :
What is 'Argo" about ?

A true story about a top secret CIA op in which American hostages in Iran were rescued by a crew who entered the country pretending to scout locations for a non-existent sci-fi movie.

Supposedly it's quite excellent.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:28 pm

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

What is 'Argo" about ?

Thank you sir

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm not a movie buff by any means and I spend most of my movie watching time in the 1940s and 50s.

But for me in 2012....

2. Anna Karenina

3. Prometheus

4. The Avengers

I forgot about Seeking A Friend, it was good. Haven't seen Anna Karenina yet but plan to once it comes out on DVD. I'm noticing a Keira Knightly fixation!

Of course there are 3 films starring Emily Blunt on my list; Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, Your Sister's Sister and The Five-Year Engagement so I don't really have room to talk.

lol!

Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm

S.D. wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

But for me in 2012....

2. Anna Karenina

3. Prometheus

4. The Avengers

I forgot about Seeking A Friend, it was good. Haven't seen Anna Karenina yet but plan to once it comes out on DVD. I'm noticing a Keira Knightly fixation!

Of course there are 3 films starring Emily Blunt on my list; Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, Your Sister's Sister and The Five-Year Engagement so I don't really have room to talk.

lol!

Oh yeah, I watch everything Keira is in. I thought Seeking A Friend was just fantastic all around. Also, you turned me onto Emily Blunt. I have Salmon Fishing and Five-Year copied but haven't watched them yet. Plus, I'm going to revisit Looper on the small screen and see if I like it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh yeah, Looper...make that 4 films starring Emily Blunt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Didn't see a ton of 2012 flicks, but the top films where:

Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall

Enjoyable films: Prometheus, The Hunger Games, Brave, Wreck It Ralph, The Expendables II

OK to waste a few hours: Underworld: Awakening, The Three Stooges,

Still more I want to see, they may make it on the list
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I absolutely loved "Cabin In The Woods". Easily the best film from 2012 that I've seen. Prometheus was enjoyable but certain plot devices annoyed the crap out of me.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I really enjoyed "Skyfall", easily the best 007 since "Goldeneye"

Beyond that:

The Avengers
Captain America
Them Idiots: Whirled Tour - Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Larry-the-cable-guy
Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:45 pm

jettafiend wrote:

I enjoyed that one a lot. He's a hilarious dude.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 6:59 pm

Wurthless wrote:
jettafiend wrote:

I enjoyed that one a lot. He's a hilarious dude.

I am definitely stoked that he went for the Jugular with Domino's Pizza. That bit was fantastic! It is easily his best work yet.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Biggest P.O.S. I've seen all year has gotta be "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance," but I think that came out in 2011.

It did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It did.

Cool, then Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer can take that title. What a freakin' turd that thing was! Great concept; inept execution.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It did.

In that case, the honor can go to either "Witchslayer Gretl" or "The 12 Disasters of Christmas," two particularly putrid SyFy Channel Original films. They were both about equally awful.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Favorite Films of 2012*   *Favorite Films of 2012* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Favorite Films of 2012*
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next