Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
Wargod
MEGATRON
nevermore
James B.
Tur-Thalion
Troublezone
Thrasher73
manny
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 9:57 am

Eyesore wrote:

Dang!! I missed it. It's been pulled. Eh, just as well. I'll be getting this one regardless. I don't need no stinking previews. Razz

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:28 pm

Okay, this thread is now re-opened, let's keep it on topic. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Chrome Locust
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:51 pm

I only made a comment that I stuck by. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:43 pm

This is how ALL electronic press kits should be...*contains some salty language*

"I don't personally listen to anything that's not exclusively on vinyl or sold more than 5,000 records"
laughing

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 3:33 pm

First impressions of the new album...

- Somewhat same-y sounding throughout. They seemed to have fallen into a bit of a paradox of trying too hard to sound like what Alice in Chains is supposed to sound like. They settled into a groove that they need step out of a little bit. Even with Layne at his strung-out worst, they managed to rock-out now & then. A few more up-tempo songs might have helped give this album a little variety. Everything moves at a sludgy pace.

- it certainly sounds like Alice in Chains. Meaning, nothing really new or groundbreaking here. And that's fine. If you liked them before, you'll like this new album. If they weren't your bag in the past, this isn't likely to change your opinion.

I'm glad this new album is finally out and I'm sure I'll grow to appreciate more after additional spins, so don't take those 2 above critiques too seriously. Just a couple of observations.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:31 pm

Laughing very hard I better not open that can of worms agains.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

I started listening to this today and I see what your saying about sounding the same. It kind of does sound like one continuous song. The songs aren't bad but they sound like they are in mourning and are depressed still about Layne or something.

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:05 pm

That's really the primary reason I stopped listening to AIC back in the 90s, it just sounded too much alike to me. I remember the Dirt album having three fairly kick ass tracks to start with and then the rest of the album sounded like one long, depressing song. The only AIC album I really enjoyed was Facelift and that one had some funkier, more rockin' uptempo material on it in addition to the depression dirge.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:41 am

I liked the "drone" of Black Gives Way To Blue. Sure Facelift is their most dynamic record but I like how they've evolve to this sound. Haven't listened to the samples since it is a sure buy for me, but from what you guys are saying I'll probably dig this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:59 am

jstate wrote:
I liked the "drone" of Black Gives Way To Blue. Sure Facelift is their most dynamic record but I like how they've evolve to this sound. Haven't listened to the samples since it is a sure buy for me, but from what you guys are saying I'll probably dig this.

It's getting better for me with repeated spins. 'Phantom Limb' is a cool tune.

I think it will be a fine album given a little time. It just didn't grab me right off the bat which is where the initial disappoinment came from.

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2