Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Alice In Chains Song!

Go down 
+9
sam
MetalGuy71
Rex
MetalRob331
nevermore
7thSecond
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Alice In Chains Song! Empty
PostSubject: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 pm

A new Alice In Chains song is up on Itunes and amazon today. The song is called A Looking In View. I only been listening to it for atleast a minute and this song sounds great! The music definetly sounds like them. The vocals in some spots remind me of old Alice. Go check it out. This might just be the album of 2009!

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Thanks for the info. I'm really looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:02 pm

I'm also looking forward to this release. I'm a big Jerry Cantrell fan.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Alice is dead. Sorry but without Layne I have no interest in this whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 pm

The new song is good except for the triggered snare drum sound. Jerry's vocals sound great.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm

I like this song.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 am

7thSecond wrote:

Jerry Cantrell is Alice in Chains. Yes Layne was a huge part but a lot of it was Jerrys vocals as well. Without Jerry AiC is blah...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am

I'm half way through this song and its "meh" to "ok" at best. If this wasn't an AiC song, nobody would notice this song whatsoever.....in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am

http://www.myspace.com/aliceinchains

Sounds like Alice in Chains (or at the least, Jerry solo) to me. I like it. I'll pick this up.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:59 am

Rex wrote:
I'm half way through this song and its "meh" to "ok" at best. If this wasn't an AiC song, nobody would notice this song whatsoever.....in my opinion.

Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Rex wrote:

Totally agree.

third this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 pm

I like this song but a little dragged out.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Not bad musically it is AIC, but vocally it lacks!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:56 pm

hmm.... mixed reactions. It is a little dragging but I think its actually pretty cool. To me their last album was a huge I mean HUGE dissapointment to me. I didnt sound like the AIC that I loved so much on the first few albums. This song brings back their old sound. Kinda dark, grungy, heavy I hope the rest of this album has some better songs though.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:03 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Jerry Cantrell is Alice in Chains. Yes Layne was a huge part but a lot of it was Jerrys vocals as well. Without Jerry AiC is blah...

Wrong!!!! Jerry Cantrell's guitar playing and they well he blended his vocals where important element of their sound and success, but a HUGE part of their success had alot to do with Layne's vocals and stage presence.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:17 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Wrong!!!! Jerry Cantrell's guitar playing and they well he blended his vocals where important element of their sound and success, but a HUGE part of their success had alot to do with Layne's vocals and stage presence.

You can replace Layne as you have seen. Without Jerry this is no such thing as AiC. Jerry will always be AIC and when I think of AIC I think of Jerry. Layne was just another vocalist.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:24 pm

lol! New Alice In Chains Song! 647664 Just another vocalist? Are you kidding? I agree that Jerry is Alice In Chains and if he wasnt in this for some unknown reason then this album would be totally pointless but to say Layne us just another vocalist is crazy. He was their from the beginning and hes what made AIC identifiable because at the time no one else sounded like him at all. Now we have all these clones like Godsmack and others but Layne was a huge part of AIC.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:30 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

You can replace Layne as you have seen. Without Jerry this is no such thing as AiC. Jerry will always be AIC and when I think of AIC I think of Jerry. Layne was just another vocalist.

You can get someone else to sing his parts but you can't replace another human being, And as usual you are WRONG!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Quote :
Layne was just another vocalist.

Wait a second...........did you just hear that wooshing sound? That was your last shred of credibility flying out the window.

C'mon. Layne "just another vocalist"? He is at least as important as Jerry is to the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 pm

New track sounds OK to me... kinda has that FACELIFT/DIRT era vibe to it...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Layne was great but again you could throw anyone in there to sing those songs. Thats just my opinion. Yes Layne was a very huge part to AIC I agree with that. What I am saying is w/o Jerry there is no such thing as AIC.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:59 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Layne was great but again you could throw anyone in there to sing those songs. Thats just my opinion. Yes Layne was a very huge part to AIC I agree with that. What I am saying is w/o Jerry there is no such thing as AIC.

You can't just throw anybody in there!!! If that is the case why did they wait so long to return? Under your theory Jon Bon Jovi or Bret Michaels could have joined Alice In Chains and nobody would notice since you could just throw anybody in there.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:11 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

You can't just throw anybody in there!!! If that is the case why did they wait so long to return? Under your theory Jon Bon Jovi or Bret Michaels could have joined Alice In Chains and nobody would notice since you could just throw anybody in there.

...or Adam Lambert. Wink

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

thats what I love about you Manny, you jump to conclusions. Laughing very hard What I am saying is that anyone along the lines of Layne. Look at this new guy he sounds great. All Im saying is its not the vocalist its the songwriting that I remember. Layne was a great vocalist and did an amazing job with the great songwriting.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:56 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

thats what I love about you Manny, you jump to conclusions. Laughing very hard What I am saying is that anyone along the lines of Layne. Look at this new guy he sounds great. All Im saying is its not the vocalist its the songwriting that I remember. Layne was a great vocalist and did an amazing job with the great songwriting.

Layne also co wrote a number of Alice In Chains songs, and not just lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alice In Chains Song!   New Alice In Chains Song! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alice In Chains Song!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next