Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon

Go down 
+12
Eyesore
Wargod
MEGATRON
nevermore
James B.
Tur-Thalion
Troublezone
Thrasher73
manny
jstate
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Empty
PostSubject: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 am

Quote :
Alice in Chains have completed their fifth album, guitarist Jerry Cantrell has confirmed.

While no release date has been set, it’s thought the second record featuring frontman William DuVall will be out next year.

The band hired DuVall in 2006 after the death of Lane Staley four years previously. They released Black Gives Way To Blue to great acclaim in 2009.

Cantrell recently explained they’d started work on new material last year – but the pressure to deliver made them feel like they were “having to deal with the sophomore jinx for the second time in our career.”

The guitarist was sidelined for some time after undergoing surgery to deal with a damaged shoulder.

Now he tells Guitar World: “In my opinion, Black Gives Way To Blue stood up to anything else we’ve put out – and this new one is right up there as well.”

I thoroughly enjoyed the last album with William and am looking forward to this new one.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:01 am

Cool. BGWTB was really good. Jerry rules. I'm looking forward to it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:06 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, I just spun that one again last week. Really good. It holds up well.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yea, I just spun that one again last week. Really good. It holds up well.

I think all the AIC and Jerry stuff is pretty timeless.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 10:43 am

I just got BGWTB not long ago. No idea why I ignored it before but it is a very strong album. Thought DuVall did a really good job. I'm sold on some new stuff coming.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 11:19 am

Excellent disc and looking forward to the follow up album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 1:38 pm

Good news! BGWTB was a pleasant surprise,looking forward to new stuff
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:48 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I agree. Jerry is a great songwriter.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am

This is awesome news. Black Gives Way to Blue was excellent. I also saw them on tour for that album and their live show is incredible as well
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:46 pm

I wasn't that thrilled about new AiC till I saw some live footage on the boob-tube and received BGWTB as a gift from a co-worker. (He didn't care for it) I was surprised at how good the new guy is in various aspects of fronting a band.

That ol "sopmore slump" is a funny term, but has struck deep with some bands over the years. Go Alice !

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Looking forward to the new album.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 7:08 pm

Black Gives Way to Blue is my favourite Alice in Chains album and one of my favourite albums EVER. I can't wait for the new one!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 pm

First single/video from the upcoming album released...

Sounds like AiC to me. Groovy!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm

Hollow has a very doomish feel to it simply a kick ass song!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
First single/video from the upcoming album released...

Sounds like AiC to me. Groovy!!
Yeah, this one is excellent. Really looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

Love Jerry's guitar sound.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Quote :
ALICE IN CHAINS has set "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" as the title of its new album.

Kinda stupid if you ask me. Which none of you did.

Moving on...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

Never really got into this band, and ironically this is one band I cant stand and love to hate! New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon 927150
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
ALICE IN CHAINS has set "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" as the title of its new album.

Kinda stupid if you ask me. Which none of you did.

Moving on...

It's definitely a weird album title.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 pm

My guess is that it's some kind of joke on the creationists maybe. I'm all for making fun of those people, but it still makes for an awkward album title.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Yeah, that's a lame album title.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:47 pm

Good tune ! As for that album title....sheesh! That ranks up there with Pink Bubbles Go Ape
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 am

So this is kinda lame.

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Alicdinosaurs

But...

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Alicdinosaurscopy

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 am

Neat-o. Wonder if it will be some sort of hologram cover or something to make the images appear.

Have they announced an official release date yet? Gotta be soon, right?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon   New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Alice in Chains Album Coming Soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: