Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Go down 
+28
Citanul
Lari
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
bgsully
scottmitchell74
Runicen
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Boris2008
Witchfinder
corplhicks
mikeinfla
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
shamgar75
CRIMSONMASK
DallasBlack
Sutekh
kmorg
exact33
jettafiend
manny
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just hope that the new ownership means that Lucas can no longer tinker with the original three films whenever he gets a bug up his ass. I'm tired of him making unnecessary "improvements" to 'em every couple of years.

First it was: "Okay, I added a whole mess of unnecessary CGI scenes! NOW Greedo shoots first!"

Then ...
"NOW they're in 3-D!
"NOW they're in IMAX!"
"NOW Hayden Christensen's face is in the final scene of 'Jedi'!"
"NOW Yoda's not a Muppet anymore, he's a fully animated digital character!"

... GET YOUR FREAKIN' O.C.D. MITTS OFF OF THE MOVIES GEORGE!!

Quote :
their track record for sequels is extremely poor (Aladdin, Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure).

"Shrek" is Dreamworks, not Disney. Just sayin'.

And Shrek 2 is even funnier than the first!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Quote :

I dunno, I never cared much for the "Shrek" series. Although I thought Puss In Boots' spin-off flick was a hoot.

Also heard on the news today that Disney released their financial report for the past fiscal year, and their earnings weren't quite what they'd hoped for, what with soft attendance at their theme parks, lower ratings on their TV networks, a lack of any big "blockbuster" films from the studio, etc., etc. ... I thought that was kinda odd. OK, so they took a bath on "John Carter," but since they own Marvel now, don't they get at least a piece of all that sweet "Avengers" action?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

Anyone want to take bets that Hamill, Fisher and Ford all are have personal trainers right now to get in shape? Looks like they hired a good screenwriter (Toy Story 3 which was excellent and Little Miss Sunshine, which I haven't seen but hear the screenplay was well written) to do the treatment and possible screenwriter. Brad Bird could do it justice - he did a great job on MI:4 (I thought was by far the best of the series) so he knows how to step into a series and make a good film. Plus, The Iron Giant was excellent and The Incredibles is probably my favorite Pixar flick (and Disney knows him via Pixar). He seems to get that the story has to be right above anything else (Avengers got that right too!)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/25491/spielberg-tarantino-turn-down-star-wars

You may want one of your favorite big-time directors taking the helm of the much anticipated "Star Wars: Episode VII", but right now it looks like none of them are stepping up to the plate.

Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and Zack Snyder have now all publicly expressed they have no desire to take on the helm of a new "Star Wars" movie.

Spielberg: "No! No! It’s not my genre. It’s my best friend George’s genre."

Tarantino: "I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars."

Snyder: "I don’t think I’d be interested in directing it. I’m a huge ‘Star Wars’ fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope. It’s a whole other mythological experiment I’m excited to see, but it’s a lot of effort."

The turn downs come a day after it was revealed that Oscar-winning "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3" screenwriter Michael Arndt is at the top of the list to craft the script following his turning in of a 40-to-50 page treatment for the story.

Said treatment includes older versions of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia - roles which all three actors (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher) have expressed interest in returning for.

The wait is now for the reactions of other big name filmmakers on Disney's potential list including Brad Bird, J.J. Abrams, Matthew Vaughn and Colin Trevorrow.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I dunno, I never cared much for the "Shrek" series.

That's because the Ogre didn't bite anyone's head off and there was no blood. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

That's because the Ogre didn't bite anyone's head off and there was no blood. Razz

Laughing very hard I think you're confusing me with Toho.

I guess the "Shrek" movies never really grabbed me cuz aside from the Austin Powers movies I've always found Mike Myers kinda irritating.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Laughing very hard I think you're confusing me with Toho.

I guess the "Shrek" movies never really grabbed me cuz aside from the Austin Powers movies I've always found Mike Myers kinda irritating.

Yes, Toho watches the most of those, but you've had your fair share of cheap horror movies to gain a reputation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Sure, I love me some horror/splatter but I'm a film geek in general. My tastes run the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'll watch an Oscar winning drama one night and then a SyFy Channel Giant Monster flick the next.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Sure, I love me some horror/splatter but I'm a film geek in general. My tastes run the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous. I'll watch an Oscar winning drama one night and then a SyFy Channel Giant Monster flick the next.

Oh, I know that. I'm just trying to justify my joke. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Anyone want to take bets that Hamill, Fisher and Ford all are have personal trainers right now to get in shape? Looks like they hired a good screenwriter (Toy Story 3 which was excellent and Little Miss Sunshine, which I haven't seen but hear the screenplay was well written) to do the treatment and possible screenwriter. Brad Bird could do it justice - he did a great job on MI:4 (I thought was by far the best of the series) so he knows how to step into a series and make a good film. Plus, The Iron Giant was excellent and The Incredibles is probably my favorite Pixar flick (and Disney knows him via Pixar). He seems to get that the story has to be right above anything else (Avengers got that right too!)

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/25491/spielberg-tarantino-turn-down-star-wars

You may want one of your favorite big-time directors taking the helm of the much anticipated "Star Wars: Episode VII", but right now it looks like none of them are stepping up to the plate.

Steven Spielberg, Quentin Tarantino and Zack Snyder have now all publicly expressed they have no desire to take on the helm of a new "Star Wars" movie.

Spielberg: "No! No! It’s not my genre. It’s my best friend George’s genre."

Tarantino: "I could so care less. Especially if Disney’s going to do it. I’m not interested in the Simon West version of Star Wars."

Snyder: "I don’t think I’d be interested in directing it. I’m a huge ‘Star Wars’ fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope. It’s a whole other mythological experiment I’m excited to see, but it’s a lot of effort."

The turn downs come a day after it was revealed that Oscar-winning "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3" screenwriter Michael Arndt is at the top of the list to craft the script following his turning in of a 40-to-50 page treatment for the story.

Said treatment includes older versions of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia - roles which all three actors (Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher) have expressed interest in returning for.

The wait is now for the reactions of other big name filmmakers on Disney's potential list including Brad Bird, J.J. Abrams, Matthew Vaughn and Colin Trevorrow.

I think the whole thing is a merchandise ploy for disney - thats why they bought the rights. There is a high risk/low reward for the movies themselves but the new merchandise is where the cash is at.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:10 pm

Official Trailer:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 pm

and now...let the nonstop fanboy bitching commence for the next 12 months! Oh, Facebook is going to be tiresome in 2015.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:18 pm

And is this one a fake? I've heard any that have Bad Robot and Disney at the front are fakes, but this one is decent if it is a fake.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:27 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
And is this one a fake? I've heard any that have Bad Robot and Disney at the front are fakes, but this one is decent if it is a fake.

That one is an obvious fake, all of the footage taken from other films. The Harrison Ford footage is from Ender's Game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Don't trust any trailer unless it's posted on the official page:

http://www.starwars.com

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 1:59 pm

Looks pretty cool. I'm seeing a lot of similarities in tone to JJ's Trek, which means the aesthetics could go overkill, but my expectations are pretty modest regardless.

Interesting that we're going back to Tatooine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:09 pm

I'm not going to make any judgements until I see a full trailer. The internet has turned into a bunch of psychic movie critics that like to pre-judge things a year before they come out based on less than a minute of film footage. It's sad, cynical behavior.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:35 pm

I hope this doesn't suck, but it probably will.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:49 pm

If George Lucas was involved I would say there would be a 99% chance that it would suck. However, with Empire Strikes Back screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and J.J. Abrams being behind it I believe the chances are far better that it will be a decent film.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:59 pm

S.D. wrote:
If George Lucas was involved I would say there would be a 99% chance that it would suck.  However, with Empire Strikes Back screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and J.J. Abrams being behind it I believe the chances are far better that it will be a decent film.

This. JJ has a great track record of better-than-average titles. His Star Trek reboot has been entertaining, yet I can't say they live up to TOS or the better of the films. If Star Wars ends up the same way, right on. I'll take it as long as it doesn't end up like Lucas' death knell prequels. And Kasdan has proved himself to be a quality writer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 pm

The millenium Falcon looked really cool in that trailer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39619

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:07 pm

Looking good with what little there is to go by. I will be going to catch this regardless.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:15 am

007 wrote:
Looking good with what little there is to go by. I will be going to catch this regardless.

My sentiments too. If everyone says that this is the worst movie ever, I'll still be going to see it and it is visually already better than the prequels which I thought had a decent story running through it but were really badly executed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:12 pm

I have faith that after seeing what steaming turds those last 3 movies turned out to be, the folks in charge have wised up and put people in place that know what Star Wars fans want to see.

Just like the comics book/movie industry, the nerds have all grown-up and are now in the position to make good movies.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:38 pm

This has been argued to death buuuut...

The simple rule here will be Keep It Simple Stupid. The worst offender that the prequels had to offer wasn't necessarily Jar Jar, or Haydn C, or the synthetic love story, or the awkward dialogue, or the overwrought FX, or even the absence of a proper villain. It was the wretchedly convoluted plot, most notably when it became overly political. It made those three movies beyond boring for me, and unwatchable.

One of the endearing things about IV-VI--and this is hotly debatable--is the simple, effective, and charmingly convenient story arc which could be summed up in a paragraph or less. There were few tangles or branches along the way, and all the deus ex machina(s?) could be embraced for how old-fashioned Star Wars was as a space opera. With the prequels you had a big confusing mess that de-emphasized character sketching, leaving it less than memorable (I seriously don't remember much of those films).

Kasdan is good at keeping it simple and fleshing out characters and their relationships. I have faith that he has scripted something that can be comprehended throughout AND exciting at the same time. That's all that matters to me.

Seriously, they can even F*ck continuity if they want. Wouldn't bother me. Just make it fun and big.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:37 pm

corplhicks wrote:
This has been argued to death buuuut...

The simple rule here will be Keep It Simple Stupid. The worst offender that the prequels had to offer wasn't necessarily Jar Jar, or Haydn C, or the synthetic love story, or the awkward dialogue, or the overwrought FX, or even the absence of a proper villain. It was the wretchedly convoluted plot, most notably when it became overly political. It made those three movies beyond boring for me, and unwatchable.

One of the endearing things about IV-VI--and this is hotly debatable--is the simple, effective, and charmingly convenient story arc which could be summed up in a paragraph or less. There were few tangles or branches along the way, and all the deus ex machina(s?) could be embraced for how old-fashioned Star Wars was as a space opera. With the prequels you had a big confusing mess that de-emphasized character sketching, leaving it less than memorable (I seriously don't remember much of those films).

Kasdan is good at keeping it simple and fleshing out characters and their relationships. I have faith that he has scripted something that can be comprehended throughout AND exciting at the same time. That's all that matters to me.

Seriously, they can even F*ck continuity if they want. Wouldn't bother me. Just make it fun and big.

Episode 1 and 2 were pretty meh but I thought 3 was pretty good. I think the problem is that people have had 30 years + to watch 4,5 and 6 and there was never a chance the prequels would ever be better. I still think they should have done a complete re-boot.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next