Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015

Go down 
+28
Citanul
Lari
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
bgsully
scottmitchell74
Runicen
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Boris2008
Witchfinder
corplhicks
mikeinfla
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
shamgar75
CRIMSONMASK
DallasBlack
Sutekh
kmorg
exact33
jettafiend
manny
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 6:14 pm

It was a little too similar to A New Hope. Almost identical scenes and plot developments. Servicing the fans a little too much instead of creating something new. But it was fun nonetheless.

What it was lacking in originality, it won back in nostalgia. Those "Death Star -like" corridors and the Millennium Falcon and of course the old cast. A big thrill to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 10:42 pm

I think Abrams and screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan (Empire, Jedi) brilliantly managed to create a film that functions simultaneously as a sequel and a reboot.  Because in a way that's what it is.  Abrams needed to both capture the older audience like us that were children when Star Wars came out in 1977 and also introduce the universe to the new generations that will be buying the new toys and going to see all the upcoming spin-off films.  

It's one of the more elegant "torch-passing" films I've seen and a lot of the credit goes to the engaging new characters that have been introduced.  Re-creating the "vibe" of the original films nearly 40 years after the fact could have easily been botched in the wrong hands, but Abrams and Kasdan hit almost every target they aim at.  Some of the "remixed" elements and plot trajectory that is similar to A New Hope basically serves the same purpose it did originally...to introduce a new universe and hopefully inspire us to want to see more adventure.  The plot was never the important aspect of Star Wars anyway, it was the characters and the situations the simple story structure put them in.  The simplicity makes it universally accessible.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 8:25 am

I freakin loved it!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:19 am

I saw it twice and i liked it. I thought it did what it had to and there was no Jar Jar.

DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:34 pm

It was an incredible movie, and I'll probably see it again in 3-D.

I just hope that they manage to not F*ck up the next two. If they're gonna mirror the original trilogy exactly like this one did, and insist on running those secret family member revelations into the ground - it's a safe bet that they will.

It would also be nice if they gave that new p*ssy Darth Vader less screen time, and introduce a worthy villain that doesn't exist solely for trash compactor jokes.

exact33 wrote:
I saw it twice and i liked it. I thought it did what it had to and there was no Jar Jar.

Well, he'd have to have been ANCIENT if they had included him.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 3:43 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:

exact33 wrote:

Well, he'd have to have been ANCIENT if they had included him.

did you see Harrison Ford run in Episode VII?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Harrison Ford's probably in better shape than half the people posting on here Laughing
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:24 pm

007 wrote:
Harrison Ford's probably in better shape than half the people posting on here Laughing

TheKing has aged gracefully TheKing

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 11:25 am

I saw this over the holidays with my kids and we all loved it. I wouldn't mind seeing it again in the theater just to catch little stuff I missed the first time around.

Tentative release date for Blu-Ray is April 5th, but that could change depending on how long it remains in theaters worldwide.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 1:10 pm

It was the last movie ticket purchase I made before I got fired (Friday). I went with my mom, sister, her husband, my niece and nephew, another nephew (from my step-sister), and the cousin of my mom's late husband. We thoroughly enjoyed it and I'd see it again if I could afford to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:52 am

Latest episode of Undercover Boss Smile

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Cool deleted scene from 'The Force Awakens'. Chewie rips an arm off...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Go Chewie!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 5:06 pm

Episode 8's title has been revealed as The Last Jedi
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:06 pm

Hmmmm....I'm assuming that's Rey?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 3:06 pm

I dont think Jedi is singular in the title
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Good point. Maybe so.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 am

I don't like the title. I just think they are limiting themselves for future movies. If there is to be a new star wars movie every year like I've read Disney plans to do, then they will have to continue on with future stories. They can't just do stories from before the prequels and side stories revolving around other episodes like the stand alone Han Solo movie they are talking about. If it's the last Jedi, then the future films will be limited. No Jedi, no star wars far as I'm concerned. Hopefully it's a play on words or something.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:50 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I don't like the title. I just think they are limiting themselves for future movies. If there is to be a new star wars movie every year like I've read Disney plans to do, then they will have to continue on with future stories. They can't just do stories from before the prequels and side stories revolving around other episodes like the stand alone Han Solo movie they are talking about. If it's the last Jedi, then the future films will be limited. No Jedi, no star wars far as I'm concerned. Hopefully it's a play on words or something.

Here's my take on it. Luke proclaims he is the "Last Jedi" and wants to just be left alone to die. Rey will convince him that he must train a new batch of Jedi ("Do it for Leia!!"), starting with her. Luke's the new Yoda, Rey trains and we start all over again. "Star Wars, Episode IX, The Next Generation". Millions of Star Trek voices will cry out in internet rage and will be suddenly silenced by Disney lawyers.

Just this nerd's theory. I'm not basing that on anything other than my own speculation. And wishful thinking.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:59 am

Yeah,the more I think about it, I can't see them painting themselves into a corner and making whoever the last Jedi. But it's all just speculation for now. We'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 2:41 pm

combine the new movie titles: The force Awakens the Last jedi

Smile

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 7:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Here's my take on it. Luke proclaims he is the "Last Jedi" and wants to just be left alone to die. Rey will convince him that he must train a new batch of Jedi ("Do it for Leia!!"), starting with her. Luke's the new Yoda, Rey trains and we start all over again. "Star Wars, Episode IX, The Next Generation". Millions of Star Trek voices will cry out in internet rage and will be suddenly silenced by Disney lawyers.

Just this nerd's theory. I'm not basing that on anything other than my own speculation. And wishful thinking.
If they call it the next generation, you will hear me cry out loud and clear lol

You are probably right about Luke being the new yoda, that's what I think is going to happen also. Although I have a feeling Luke might also be following the dark side now, and maybe Rey will be in for a big surprise when he takes that saber from her lol Chewie gets killed saving her, and Leia trains her later. Hope I'm wrong, which I'm sure I am, but I can see them twisting the story somehow nobody saw coming.

Remember, George Lucas originally wanted Luke to be an Obi Wan Kenobi type character and Disney re-wrote everything George had written before he sold the franchise.

Plus the Sith rule how there is only two, the master and the apprentice. What if Snoke is Luke's apprentice, and Smoke is training Kylo to help overthrow Luke? Okay I'm reaching, but ya never know. Razz
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 pm

My issue is that these Star Wars films are getting awfully formulaic. It's kind of how MG pointed it out. We're getting a rehash of the same story. Plus there are only so many ways a lightsaber duel/space battle can be filmed. I've not seen Rogue One (my expectations are somewhere in the middle), but from what I'm hearing it's not really anything new under the sun. I'm worried we're getting the same as we go forward.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 pm

corplhicks wrote:
My issue is that these Star Wars films are getting awfully formulaic. It's kind of how MG pointed it out. We're getting a rehash of the same story. Plus there are only so many ways a lightsaber duel/space battle can be filmed. I've not seen Rogue One (my expectations are somewhere in the middle), but from what I'm hearing it's not really anything new under the sun. I'm worried we're getting the same as we go forward.

agree it is formulaic but its kinda like comfort food at this point. Most folks go for the nostalgia - although now no more Han or Leia could be a problem. I thought Rogue One was the most violent SW movie to date but found it to be enjoyable. It was good for a standalone movie.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 1:04 am

It's no different to a Black Sabbath reunion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII in 2015   Star Wars Episode VII in 2015 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII in 2015
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next