Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth

Go down 
+10
Dark Horseman
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
MetalH
kmorg
DallasBlack
Rex
ultmetal
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:22 am

OK, I've spun this disc on my home rack system, in my car and on my computer. The mastering is definitely the problem and the biggest fault with the CD. When I first popped the CD into my computer and listened at low volumes it sounded fine. I listened to it several times and wondered what people were complaining about. However, when I put it in to my car system the overall sound was so harsh and boomy it was almost un-listenable. However, a quick tweak of the bass and treble made it much better. I had to crank the treble way up and drop the bass quite a bit. With this, it was much more enjoyable and all the instruments could be clearly heard. The guitar tone is heavy and crunchy, and the bass cuts through the mix. Unfortunately cranking the treble made the vocals harsh at points with the "ssss" sound being the most harsh.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth   BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
OK, I've spun this disc on my home rack system, in my car and on my computer. The mastering is definitely the problem and the biggest fault with the CD. When I first popped the CD into my computer and listened at low volumes it sounded fine. I listened to it several times and wondered what people were complaining about. However, when I put it in to my car system the overall sound was so harsh and boomy it was almost un-listenable. However, a quick tweak of the bass and treble made it much better. I had to crank the treble way up and drop the bass quite a bit. With this, it was much more enjoyable and all the instruments could be clearly heard. The guitar tone is heavy and crunchy, and the bass cuts through the mix. Unfortunately cranking the treble made the vocals harsh at points with the "ssss" sound being the most harsh.

I'll have to try that. Thanks Ult.

Like I said before, I didn't have as big a problem with the mix. I thought maybe this is what they were going for. Chaz apparently cleared this up. I thought it was a strong album and thankful that they were able to release another album. It's even better news to hear that they are going to work on another album. I will be pre-ordering the new album when it comes out, just like I did with TRTFTR.
Back to top Go down

BioGenesis - The Rise The Fall The Rebirth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2