Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*

Go down 
+66
Lari
Addy
choosemetal
Runicen
Glower
TrogDawn
mlotek
Thelemech
MetalRob331
MoonChild
Required Fields
akeldama
Joe
chilejay7
MetallicSeminarian
Vexer6
Chairman_Smith
brokentulsa
sheets
ElectricEye93
AutumnShantel
ZombieHavoc
Dellocatus
iamrockerfun
BillRoxx
DevZor
candlemass
SycoMantis91
corplhicks
kmorg
deathisgain
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
Eyesore
journeyman
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
chewie
ShadowAngel
Lurideath
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Gilbert
Doomedpoet
ozzman
jstate
Troublezone
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Alex Dee Rokket
nevermore
MEGATRON
thejokeriv
exact33
manny
metalinmyveins
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
Psychotron
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
AuthorMessage

Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 2:58 pm

Season Of The Dead and Cry All Night are both really cool songs.  There's also a nice surprise with a short flamenco guitar solo on Take Me Home. Isolated Man is good as well, especially the guitar solo.

With these 4 songs + the 4 tracks from the deluxe edition you've basically got a second album from the 13 sessions.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 6:27 pm

muckie wrote:
Some of our Japanese friends may think that Ratt, Motley and Guns & Roses pioneered metal, but I am always quick to tell them, in their native language:

「本当です。ヘービー・メタルは70年代に遡ります。 BLACK SABBATH(ブラック・サバス)とともに。」

Very cool, muckie.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
Season Of The Dead and Cry All Night are both really cool songs.  There's also a nice surprise with a short flamenco guitar solo on Take Me Home.  Isolated Man is good as well, especially the guitar solo.  

With these 4 songs + the 4 tracks from the deluxe edition you've basically got a second album from the 13 sessions.

Where can a guy find these songs?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Saw these at my local chain today:

BLACK SABBATH-Paranoid (2CD/Deluxe)
BLACK SABBATH-Master Of Reality (2CD/Deluxe)
BLACK SABBATH-Black Sabbath (2CD/Deluxe)

I want to be in on these but I feel as though Sharon Osbourne has enough of my money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:56 pm

DevZor wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Season Of The Dead and Cry All Night are both really cool songs.  There's also a nice surprise with a short flamenco guitar solo on Take Me Home.  Isolated Man is good as well, especially the guitar solo.  

Where can a guy find these songs?

Youtube for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 7:57 pm

the sentinel wrote:

I want to be in on these but I feel as though Sharon Osbourne has enough of my money.

These are just US releases of the Vertigo UK Deluxe Editions from 2012.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 8:26 pm

S.D. wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

These are just US releases of the Vertigo UK Deluxe Editions from 2012.  

I was gonna ask "didn't they recently do deluxes of these" but didn't want to sound any dumber than I normally do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 8:30 pm

muckie wrote:
Some of our Japanese friends may think that Ratt, Motley and Guns & Roses pioneered metal, but I am always quick to tell them, in their native language:

「本当です。ヘービー・メタルは70年代に遡ります。 BLACK SABBATH(ブラック・サバス)とともに。」

I understand the Japanese use different keyboards and all that. Makes it more difficult to join international heavy metal discussion boards, for instance.

But they have such a rich heavy metal culture. Do they have their own metal forums, and are they better than ours?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2016 9:43 pm

I can't really answer those particular questions, Lari, but I would like to say that based on the fact that for years the Japanese editions of Metal albums got the bonus tracks and the old phrase "we're big in Japan" says that the Metal culture there is probably thriving more than here in America. Just my .02.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 4:44 am

Considering that Ratt's comeback album "Infestation" significantly outsold it's American release (18,000 in the US vs. 150,000+ in Japan) that's saying something. Ratt was always a favorite there. Though I do seem a little bit irked at what kind of stuff they use as an example of a genre when introducing people to it. For example, M.C. Hammer gets mentioned a lot whenever I see Japanese sites recommend a hiphop artist to start with. It's not that they're any more ignorant than we are, it's just the mainstream view vs. the diehards like all cultures have. I know some Japanese who are probably more educated in some western genres than even many westerners themselves, and I've had Japanese tell me that I know more about the music of Japan than they do.

I actually don't have much experience with Japanese HM boards specifically, but what I do know about reading and interacting with Japanese collectors and enthusiasts of virtually anything is that they are very adept at researching and knowing their passions. It's partly the collectivist loyalty of their society, and the fact that they are both well organized and perfectionist. Anything ranging from Heavy Metal to postage stamps, you know the Japanese enthusiasts have it nailed. I mean in what other culture would parents take their kids to post offices across the country to collect rare, limited edition sets of Pokemon stamps? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2016 12:34 am

Cash Grabbath now is just another cover band with no original drummer just to get some more dope money from the fans.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:22 am

Any chance of Ian Gillan getting back w/Sabbath to finish the "Born Again" tour?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 10:42 am

candlemass wrote:
Any chance of Ian Gillan getting back w/Sabbath to finish the "Born Again" tour?

Now that Axl's fronting AC/DC, I'd say anything is possible these days. Razz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:34 pm

So this is the woman Ozzy nearly broke up his marriage over...
Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Michelle-pugh-a-435
You might be the Prince of F**kin' Darkness, Oz, but you have terrible taste in women.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Who is that, and how do you know she's terrible?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 9:20 pm

Lari wrote:
Who is that, and how do you know she's terrible?

Ozzy's girlfriend of the last 4 years and I'm sure she has a wonderful personality. Razz

http://www.people.com/article/ozzy-osbourne-mistress-michelle-pugh-calls-him-love-of-life

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 10:16 am

Have you found yourself saying that you need to add yet another bloated compilation of Sabbath songs that you already own and yet completely ignores the non-Ozzy years to your collection? Well, you're in luck, my friend...

BLACK SABBATH will release "The Ultimate Collection" on October 28 via BMG. Curated in conjunction with the band, the 31-track collection features the band's classic songs, including "Paranoid", "Iron Man", "War Pigs", "N.I.B." and "The Wizard" as well as choice cuts from their classic albums and is the definitive accompaniment for all SABBATH fans as well as those with a love of hard rock.

CD Disc One track listing:

01. Paranoid
02. Never Say Die
03. Iron Man
04. Black Sabbath
05. Children Of The Grave
06. Fairies Wear Boots
07. Changes
08. Rat Salad
09. Sweet Leaf
10. War Pigs
11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
12. Hole In The Sky
13. Symptom Of The Universe
14. Spiral Architect
15. Rock 'N' Roll Doctor

CD Disc Two track listing:

01. Dirty Women
02. Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
03. A Hard Road
04. Lord Of This World
05. Into The Void
06. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
07. Snowblind
08. Tomorrow's Dream
09. The Wizard
10. N.I.B.
11. Electric Funeral
12. Embryo
13. Killing Yourself To Live
14. Am I Going Insane
15. Wicked World
16. It's Alright

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 10:32 am

^^ Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 11:34 am

Meh, another meaningless comp. Most fans have those songs in their collection already.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Useless. Can't they re-release tyr? I've been waiting for it for ages.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Nothing from 13 either.

I'm surprised 'It's Alright' made it on there. I thought Sharon had Bill's contributions wiped from Sabbath history. Will they crop him out of photos in the liner notes?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Another fabulous cash grab from $auron Osbourne Razz
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 4:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Have you found yourself saying that you need to add yet another bloated compilation of Sabbath songs that you already own and yet completely ignores the non-Ozzy years to your collection? Well, you're in luck, my friend...

BLACK SABBATH will release "The Ultimate Collection" on October 28 via BMG. Curated in conjunction with the band, the 31-track collection features the band's classic songs, including "Paranoid", "Iron Man", "War Pigs", "N.I.B." and "The Wizard" as well as choice cuts from their classic albums and is the definitive accompaniment for all SABBATH fans as well as those with a love of hard rock.

CD Disc One track listing:

01. Paranoid
02. Never Say Die
03. Iron Man
04. Black Sabbath
05. Children Of The Grave
06. Fairies Wear Boots
07. Changes
08. Rat Salad
09. Sweet Leaf
10. War Pigs
11. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
12. Hole In The Sky
13. Symptom Of The Universe
14. Spiral Architect
15. Rock 'N' Roll Doctor

CD Disc Two track listing:

01. Dirty Women
02. Evil Woman, Don't Play Your Games With Me
03. A Hard Road
04. Lord Of This World
05. Into The Void
06. Behind The Wall Of Sleep
07. Snowblind
08. Tomorrow's Dream
09. The Wizard
10. N.I.B.
11. Electric Funeral
12. Embryo
13. Killing Yourself To Live
14. Am I Going Insane
15. Wicked World
16. It's Alright

I've got no problem with this at all! 70s Sabbath is a big thing with the generation who haven't had all of these songs for the last 35 years, you know, the one that haven't been alive for the last 35 years but have a hundred copycat bands and a big bong Laughing Any band with half a ounce of business sense would do the same.

They are not going to draw that crowd with the Dio/Gillan/Martin years comp and let's be honest, we wouldn't buy it either as we have all those albums as well.

That said 'It's Alright' over 'You Don't Own Me' unforgivable! Mad
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 am

But current generation isn't actually buying albums anyway. Who are they targeting with this? It's the collectors who feel they need to own it all. And a couple of people who buy it as a gift for their kids/grandchildren maybe?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 am

These big bands are probably approached tons of times a year to release these comps from all different companies so I am actually surprised there is not more of these out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - *The official thread*   Black Sabbath - *The official thread* - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - *The official thread*
Page 30 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next