Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?

Go down 
+13
jstate
QuothTheRaven
exact33
James B.
Required Fields
Dark Horseman
manny
TheGreatDuck
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Tur-Thalion
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 1:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
There's plenty of old blues guys that still make and play live music well into their 80's, so I don't see why rock bands couldn't do the same if the passion/ability is there. They'll just need to cut back on the physical rigors a bit.

So Bruce won't do splits off the drum riser anymore. I can live with that. And the less spastic movements Janick makes, well that's just icing on the cake.

Hey now.......... I am a big fan of Janick (see my avatar)... That said, it took a few years after Adrian returned to become a fan of his
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 8:47 pm

I just want them to be around long enough to see them with Bruce up close (as opposed to the distance I saw them from my first time two years ago) and to meet the band. I've been a fan since 1993, I know about 80% of the lyrics by heart and they've held steady at the top of my favorite list since then. It is a must that I get to meet them but it won't be any time soon with my job/money situation. As long as they're touring long enough for that dream to become a reality, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 pm

In 10 years, they will only be 35 years past their prime.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 9:36 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I just want them to be around long enough to see them with Bruce up close (as opposed to the distance I saw them from my first time two years ago) and to meet the band. I've been a fan since 1993, I know about 80% of the lyrics by heart and they've held steady at the top of my favorite list since then. It is a must that I get to meet them but it won't be any time soon with my job/money situation. As long as they're touring long enough for that dream to become a reality, I'll be happy.

The biggest part of meeting them is being in the right place at the right time - I just happened to walk into a bar where Steve and Bruce were shooting pool.... and Janick showed up later. The other part is knowing when to leave them alone. Steve and Bruce just wanted to be left alone that night, so we left them alone. Janick took pictures and was talking to everyone.

I'm sure they will hit Dallas again on the next tour (guessing 2014 or 2015) so you may get your chance!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:33 am

yeah I'm in the same boat, I need to see them and with a good seat.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 pm

[quote]In 10 years, they will only be 35 years past their prime.[quote]

And your how old now? Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 11840

Sub prime Maiden is still better then 90% of the crap out there.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Plus, as has been stated, they may retire from touring and being "Iron Maiden"...but they'll still make music on some level for a while after that.

and that is great. I loved the last release and look forward to more stuff in the style.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?    Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten More Years of Iron Maiden?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2