Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite variety of meat

Go down 
+18
Mglaffas81
James B.
mc666
chewie
DallasBlack
bassman
MoonChild
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
thejokeriv
exact33
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
jettafiend
Wurthless
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Lari
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What is your favourite variety of meat?
Beef
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap38%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
Pork
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap13%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Chicken
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap25%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 25% [ 6 ]
Fish
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap8%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Turkey
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap4%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Lamb
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap8%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Game
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap0%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I just want to vote in a poll
Favourite variety of meat Vote_lcap4%Favourite variety of meat Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

Favourite variety of meat Empty
PostSubject: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Just something I thought of during lunch. I personally don't like chicken. I mean, I can eat it every now and then, but I'd much rather have a steak or pork chops. Red meat for the win!

Besides, you are what you eat, and nobody calls me chicken!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Beef. Don't eat it as much as I'd like to these days, but it's a hands down winner in my book. Chicken and turkey (aka poultry) are a close second.

The only thing I don't eat on that list is lamb or veal. It's like eating a small child that never had a chance. Gimme a full-grown steer that's had some good life experiences before they drive a bolt through it's head.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Chicken for me. I'm not much of a red meat eater because it kills my stomach.

And I'm with MG on the lamb/veal thing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Chicken for me. I'm not much of a red meat eater because it kills my stomach.

And I'm with MG on the lamb/veal thing.

Oddly enough, my whole reasoning behind the lamb/veal thing can be traced back to a "Calvin & Hobbes" comic. Seriously. Calvin was asking Hobbes (a tiger) if he ate people, and would kids be considdered veal. Weird how that theory can stick with you all so many years later.

EDIT: Sorry, he was asking his mom about cannibalism. Same theory still applies

Favourite variety of meat Be447674250b102d94d7001438c0f03b

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:02 pm

I voted pork, with my main influencing factor being the god amongst meat, bacon.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:29 pm

Fish, AKA - Freshwater, Seafood, Shellfish... whatever. It is my favorite by far! Beef is ho-hum but I do love a good burger. Chicken and pork are OK too. I will take a pass on Lamb and Veal, primarily because whenever I think about about it the aforementioned Calvin comic pops into my head.

Good reference MG!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Meat's meat, and a man's gotta eat!

I guess beef would be numero uno on my hit parade, followed by chicken and pork. I don't mind fish and should probably eat more of it since it's supposedly healthy for ya.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I guess beef would be numero uno on my hit parade, followed by chicken and pork. I don't mind fish and should probably eat more of it since it's supposedly healthy for ya.

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.

I'm with ya on fish but in recent years I've learned to like it. Now I eat fish probably 3 times a week on average.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Chicken.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 pm

I like it all but went with Beef - time to grill up a nice filet tonight.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 8:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.

I'm with ya on fish but in recent years I've learned to like it. Now I eat fish probably 3 times a week on average.

I'd eat more fish if the wife made it more often, but she doesn't care for it. I eat more seafood in the summer time when we're down the shore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Beef - it's what's for dinner......

Gotta love some pig though - bacon, pork BBQ, baby back ribs, etc, etc....

I do love seafood (not all fish, but some fish) and crabs, shrimp, lobster.....

Chicken's find - it needs flavor added to it

venison is good

Not a big fan of lamb.... unless it's in a good Lamb Vindaloo
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:32 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Beef - it's what's for dinner......

Gotta love some pig though - bacon, pork BBQ, baby back ribs, etc, etc....

I do love seafood (not all fish, but some fish) and crabs, shrimp, lobster.....

Chicken's find - it needs flavor added to it

venison is good

Not a big fan of lamb.... unless it's in a good Lamb Vindaloo

I love Tandoori Lamb.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Chicken...and I just want to vote in a pole.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:37 am

Chicken. Really like fresh fish like carp or perch, but that bones. Oh how I hate bones.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Complete vegetarian here, do not eat meat, fish nor eggs.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 2:18 pm

I guess my vote will go for pork......but I like it all, I'm not picky.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Quote :
I'd eat more fish if the wife made it more often, but she doesn't care for it.

Same here. My wife is not big on seafood in general,

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 pm

I eat chicken and fish more than anything else but that's because it's cheaper and easier to make (I'm kind of lazy when it comes to cooking). However, I voted beef because steak is my favorite meat of all time. I just can't cook it well (besides, most steak you buy at grocery stores are nowhere near the quality of resteraunt steaks) and I can't afford to eat at steakhouses often enough.

However, my favorite meat is venison but since I'm not a deer hunter and the members of my family who are don't hunt much anymore (mainly an Uncle who used to give us a bunch of deer meat every year up until about 11-12 years ago) I don't have access to it. Therefore, I didn't vote for game.

Either way, I LOVE meat. All kinds as long as it's not the innards or anything from the neck up, stricktly flesh from the bone. If meat is murder, then murder tastes so DAMN good! Vegan's can Favourite variety of meat 792498
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

Quote :
However, my favorite meat is venison but since I'm not a deer hunter and the members of my family who are don't hunt much anymore (mainly an Uncle who used to give us a bunch of deer meat every year up until about 11-12 years ago) I don't have access to it.

Same here. My grandfather and Uncle used to bring home deer meat (sometimes rabbit and pheasant too) every year after hunting season, but both of them are too old to go anymore, so I guess my days of venison steak and chilli are pretty much over. This city boy ain't gunning down Bambi.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:00 am

Hunting wouldn't be problem for me (if I had the time and money that is) but I don't want to clean the animial. If meat is murder, then I'd rather hire a hit man than get my hands dirty Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:25 pm

I voted beef, but I LOVE fried chicken with a side of coleslaw and cornbread!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:19 pm

chewie wrote:
I voted beef, but I LOVE fried chicken with a side of coleslaw and cornbread!

nice. I do as well.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:24 am

lamb when it's prepared right.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 7:41 am

veal is beef.....so I don't differentiate.

I love seafood but it has to be fresh

Chicken and other poultry is yummy stuff

I dig Lamb alot....if ya ever had an older sheep on your plate, well you'd understand why they eat lamb.

Game (aka-Deer, Elk, Antelope. ect) Some breeds of deer are tasty (white tail) others not (mule) I avoid Antelope (except an occasional Loin cut) and Elk are super scrumptious

Pork is probably my favorite

PostSubject: Re: Favourite variety of meat   Favourite variety of meat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite variety of meat
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next