Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza

Go down 
+14
Mglaffas81
Mortuary
Shiney
TrogDawn
MetalGuy71
kmorg
ultmetal
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Empty
PostSubject: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:41 pm

The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Start

Meat Loaf is a longtime favorite of mine and one of the coolest peeps on the planet, IMO.

I love all his albums. ALL of them. The only individual I look up to musically more than Meat is Alice Cooper.

I first heard Meat Loaf on the recommendation of a girl I was courting in 1990. I don't remember much about her but Meat has been a part of life ever since....

My favorite album of his is Deadringer, but I still can listen to any of the Bat albums at the drop of a hat. His 80's stuff is an acquired taste, that I have accquired. Smile He doesn't have a bad album, IMO.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:49 pm

The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Bob-fight-club
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:52 pm

Too bad he doesn't write most of his music. Good voice though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Fight Club is pretty good...

DeathCult wrote:
Too bad he doesn't write most of his music. Good voice though.

He doesn't write any of his stuff hardly. His voice is shot these days, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 pm

I haven't heard him recently. AC still rocks hard though. The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:57 pm

True. But this is an exhibition, not a competition, so please. No wagering.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

He was a lovable "bitch-titted" dude in that movie.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 pm

I have to say, the majority of my listening experience stems from Bat Out Of Hell I & II. Life Is A Lemon was a very heavy song.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:51 pm

He has a new cell phone commercial out I noticed. Loved him with Nugent. Does anybody know if he ever actually toured with Ted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 pm

I don't think he did. He just sang on some of the Free for All album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
He was a lovable "bitch-titted" dude in that movie.

"Man Cans" sick
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:18 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
He has a new cell phone commercial out I noticed. Loved him with Nugent. Does anybody know if he ever actually toured with Ted?

I think it is actually his kids in the commercial with him. His daughter Amanda was on HBO's Carnivale.
Back to top Go down
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:49 pm

I love Meat Loaf. I don't care if he can barely sing anymore......even at his worst he still sounds good. I have the latest Bat Out of Hell album, and it's pretty good. It even has an awesome cover of Steinman's "It's All Coming Back to Me" (which of course was made famous by She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named).

One of the reasons I absolutely love Meat's music is because it's so over-the-top and bombastic, almost like the soundtrack to a rockin' broadway show or a Disney film (back when that name meant QUALITY). Jim Steinman is a genius at composition, period.

I don't know how many people here have the 2-Disc Very Best of Meat Loaf collection, but it's got a couple of awesome power ballads on that record, one of which is nothing but synthesizer orchestration....and it's AWESOME.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 pm

Angelcake Adonisus Fox wrote:
I love Meat Loaf. I don't care if he can barely sing anymore......even at his worst he still sounds good. I have the latest Bat Out of Hell album, and it's pretty good. It even has an awesome cover of Steinman's "It's All Coming Back to Me" (which of course was made famous by She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named).

One of the reasons I absolutely love Meat's music is because it's so over-the-top and bombastic, almost like the soundtrack to a rockin' broadway show or a Disney film (back when that name meant QUALITY). Jim Steinman is a genius at composition, period.

I don't know how many people here have the 2-Disc Very Best of Meat Loaf collection, but it's got a couple of awesome power ballads on that record, one of which is nothing but synthesizer orchestration....and it's AWESOME.

It's All Coming Back To Me is a great song. Celine even did a great job with it. But it was originally done by Steinman's Pandora's Box venture back in '89. A great album I suggest picking up. Smile

Of course Meat is at his best doing Steinman stuff but he is a great performer on his own merits as well.

Huge kudos for you AAF for knowing and loving such great music at such a young age. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 am

Never heard a whole album but I like what I've heard. Paradise By The Dashboard Light is one of my favorite rock songs.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:13 am

Quote :
My favorite album of his is Deadringer,

I love that album. That song with Cher is excellent. The original Bat album is one of the first albums I ever bought. I rode to K-mart on my bike, picked up the vinyl and rode back home through the rain. I threw that puppy on the turntable before I even dried myself off.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 am

I was driving into work this morning and "Paradise" by Meatloaf was being played. Haven't heard that song in forever. Sounded great! I've never been a huge Meatloaf fan, but every once in a while I enjoy his music.

I really didn't care for Metaloaf's voice in Ted Nugent. I liked Derek St. Holmes much better and so wish Derek would have sang on Free-For-All.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:59 am

So is Roadie your favorite movie, spec? After all, it features BOTH Meat and Cooper!

Oh, and Meat Loaf's the most appropriate named star ever!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:59 am

I used to have Bat Out of Hell on cassette, but it's been long gone. He's got a good voice. I got to meet him one and had his autograph when he sang the National Anthem at a baseball game in Philly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:08 am

kmorg wrote:
So is Roadie your favorite movie, spec? After all, it features BOTH Meat and Cooper!

Oh, and Meat Loaf's the most appropriate named star ever!

Not my favorite, but I do love that movie.....
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I really didn't care for Metaloaf's voice in Ted Nugent. I liked Derek St. Holmes much better and so wish Derek would have sang on Free-For-All.
Derek did sing on some of the material though, but not the best songs of the album, IMO - "Dog Eat Dog" being the exception.

I loved Meatloaf's contributions on the Free For All album, just because he has such a great voice and it was just such a surprising pairing. He just seemed to fit so well with the material, particularly "Writing on the Wall". The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza 604261
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:00 pm

I am a sucker for anything JIM STEINMAN penned (B.O.O.H. 1&2, D.R. and stuff for other artists....)

MEAT is a great vocalist but he has not sound too good to me since "Blind before I Stop"

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:13 pm

I love Steinman's "More" by Sisters Of Mercy.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:40 pm

I love Meat Loaf and it is a shame he doesn't write his own music. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I LOVE MEAT LOAF - Next to Metallica, he is my all-time favourite artist EVER. He has been such a huge part of my life. One of my favourite songs by him (aside from the classic "Bat out of hell") is "Rock 'n Roll Dreams come Through" - AMAZING song..the thing with Meat Loaf is, that when you listen to some of his songs, you just get sucked into a universe of awe - Love this guy, and Hail Jim Steinman who has got to be one of the best musical composers ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza   The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The HoM Meat Loaf Extravaganza
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next