Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sister Sin

Go down 
+9
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
allthingsmetal
jstate
Eyesore
mc666
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Olafsto
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:27 pm

New track streaming from the coming album headbanger
http://www.noisecreep.com/2012/10/11/sister-sin-hearts-of-cold-song/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Sounds great!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Really good!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:38 pm

great band, this one will be good no doubt.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Good tune! The teaser they'd previously uploaded didn't sound all that great to me, and with the album's delay I was worried it'd be kinda poopy.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I love those first two albums. Toho turned me onto them via the comp swap. This new tune sounds like it will make this a must buy. Even better is I've got my eye on that LA concert date with Doro.
Back to top Go down
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for posting (I will listen to it later as I can't at work).
I really like this band and have been waiting for new stuff. Tons of energy and attitude, great riffs, fun drumming, etc. I always think of them as making the music Motley Crue wishes they were making. Great band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:12 am

I picked up Switchblade Serenades a coupla weeks ago on a whim and I have to say, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. It's more "metal" than I thought it would be. I think I was expecting something more along the lines of sleeze or glam.

I just might have to invest in a little more SS. Chances are, if I like them enough, I'll eventually track down all their albums at some point. In the meantime, any suggestions as to where I should go next?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Will be seeing them live tonight!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:09 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Will be seeing them live tonight!

Ask Liv to give Doro a big, sloppy kiss for me. And record it. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I picked up Switchblade Serenades a coupla weeks ago on a whim and I have to say, I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would. It's more "metal" than I thought it would be. I think I was expecting something more along the lines of sleeze or glam.

I just might have to invest in a little more SS. Chances are, if I like them enough, I'll eventually track down all their albums at some point. In the meantime, any suggestions as to where I should go next?
You don't have many options. Their early EPs are becoming rarer and rarer, and they've only got two other commercial releases. But I imagine you'd be quite pleased with those if you dig Switchblade.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

You don't have many options. Their early EPs are becoming rarer and rarer, and they've only got two other commercial releases. But I imagine you'd be quite pleased with those if you dig Switchblade.

Yea, looking on Amazon, I guess my options are quite limited. Laughing Oh well. Glad I picked up Switchblade anyway.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 pm

I can hook up with downloads of their rarer stuff. The early EPs are less refined, though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:28 pm

Sure, that'd be cool.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:59 am

Bump for re-release news...

Quote :
Swedish female-fronted heavy rockers SISTER SIN will have a newly remastered version of their first studio album, “Dance Of The Wicked”, released as a CD+DVD package on June 25 via Victory Records.

The CD includes:

* All eight tracks from the original album “Dance Of The Wicked”, released in 2003
* Three bonus previously unreleased demo tracks
* Two cover songs, one of which features a guest appearance by Doro Pesch
* All-new artwork in a digipack
* Full-color foldout gig poster

The DVD includes:

* All 10 music videos on one DVD
* Additional bonus material

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:10 pm

A better package would have included the Smash the Silence EP and the two promo EPs as well.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:47 pm

hahaha I saw this the other day and wouldnt you believe I got the original cd a few months ago....I swear it happens every time hahaha

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:10 pm

BTW, the new Sister Sin will be in my CD sale. If anyone wants to buy it from me, I'm pricing it for $5. It has only been take out of it's case to rip to my computer, then put back in.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 8:44 pm

You're having a CD sale?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You're having a CD sale?

I need to sell almost my whole collection. It will take me a while to catalog and price everything but some stuff I will make available before hand as it comes up. I know you've told me about how I pay too much so I will sell them cheaper than I got them. If I bought them used I sell them for several dollars less (less if they have been out of their cases several times-most of them have only been taken out to be ripped to my computer). If what I sell them for is higher than the lowest Amazon Marketplace, I lower the price by a few dollars to make them cheaper than that. Any thing bought new and rarely played will be about $2 cheaper than the lowest Amazon price.

Why? From my Trucking On Hold thread:

Quote :
My dad found out about my lack of money and half my credit card debt (I'm trying to hold off on telling him about the rest). He is severely pissed off at me and rightfully so. He will still help me for a short period of time but once my trucking career takes off, I will need to figure out how to fix the rest myself (which was my plan from start). I've just been told that I MUST sell off my CD collection so be prepared for a massive unloading soon. Looks like downloads for me.

CD collection 1995-2013 R.I.P.

I'm only keeping my albums from Iron Maiden, Savatage and all their affiliates, Dio, Deris era Helloween, Pretty Maids, and Galactic Cowboys-also the majority of my OOP and old Christian stuff. Plus all the CDs that I used to keep in binders and can't be sold.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:25 pm

DB, I know it's depressing, but I think you'll see that as long as you have the tunes ripped, the CDs themselves aren't so important. They take up so much space, and unecessarily so.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:49 am

SpectreFate wrote:
DB, I know it's depressing, but I think you'll see that as long as you have the tunes ripped, the CDs themselves aren't so important. They take up so much space, and unecessarily so.
I'd sell my collection if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to do so.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
I'd sell my collection if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to do so.

Pain in the ass is an understatement. I'm still unloading the CDs, then I have to make a list, then figure out the sale price.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:17 am

BTW, and to get back on topic, I already have a buyer for Now And Forever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:59 am

Bump for new album info...

New album, Black Lotus, coming October 27th...
New Sister Sin 91uiW7lb8vL._SL1500_

I've been getting more and more into their older stuff so I'm really looking forward to this new release. I hope they don't lose their metallic edge. I noticed on their last album, a few songs seemed a little more "polished" than earlier stuff. Still good, just noticeably more accessible for radio. It had the stink of the record label looking for a hit.

And it's probably just me, but I can't help but think the new title Black Lotus is somehow a dig at Kobra and the Lotus, who seem to be getting more recognition, getting on the KISS tour and all. Like they're saying "We're the daker, dirtier version of those posers in Kobra". Or maybe it's just my subconscious wanting to see both front women enter the ring and fight for supremecy. Topless, of course. Cool

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sister Sin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next