Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Sister Sin

Go down 
+6
arttieTHE1manparty
Thrasher73
mc666
Eyesore
allthingsmetal
tohostudios
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:22 am

So I have "Switchblade Serenades" and was rather underwhelmed by it. But I just watched this video from the new album "True Sound Of The Underground" and promptly ordered it from Amazon zShops. This song is way better than anything I remember from their other album.

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news10/0617sis.shtml?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sleazeroxx+%28Sleaze+Roxx+News+Headlines%29

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 pm

I really like the first cd (just picked up the new one). So far I think that are on par with each other. I really liked the 'gang choruses' on the first CD and so far miss them on this disc.
And it seems that they kept that 80's vibe but replaced the 'sleaze/boogey groove' they had on Switchblade Serenades with straight aggression. Both are well produced and have a great sound to them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:09 pm

I just got my copy of the new one and haven't listened to it yet but because I was so impressed with the single "Outrage", I dug out Switchblade Serenades again. While I like it better than I remember, it still sorta didn't do much for me.

Hopefully I'll like the new one better.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Man, I love Switchblade Serenades. Looking forward to the new one! Didn't even realize it was out yet. I'll have to check Newbury Comics on the way home tonight.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:55 pm

New Sister Sin Revolver%20Mag

Don't be fooled! She's still kind of manly. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

she's not a bit manly. she's just got a big snout.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

she's not a bit manly. she's just got a big snout.
I don't know; she looks pretty rough in some photos.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 am

She looks pretty rough on the cover of the new album.

New Sister Sin 61sl2IADZPL._SL500_AA280_

So far this thing smokes though.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 am

I really liked Switchblade Serenades,need to pick up the new one.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 am

tohostudios wrote:
She looks pretty rough on the cover of the new album.

New Sister Sin 61sl2IADZPL._SL500_AA280_

So far this thing smokes though.
I listened to the first nine songs on the way home last night. Not sure how you could like this one but not the last. But I agree, sound pretty awesome.

What they lack, though, are memorable guitar hooks. Vocal hooks a plenty, but that's it for hooks.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Damn CD changer in the car just ate my copy of this!!!

New Sister Sin 308838

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 5:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:

New Sister Sin 308838
Ate it? Like, won't spit it out or ruined it?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

New Sister Sin 308838

Won't spit it out.

The damn thing already ate one of my godHead CDs a few months ago but slots 1 & 2 were still working. Today it decided to lock up the first 2 slots as well with my copy of the new Sister Sin in slot 2.

I'm going to see if Mitsubishi can replace the head unit but since my car is 10 years old, I have my doubts. Odds are I'll end up buying a new vehicle because this is the last straw. I've needed a different style vehicle ever since I bought this house. A coupe is OK when you live in an apartment but it really isn't practical when you have to bring 8 bags of mulch back home.

My car only has a little over 80K miles on it and has been paid for for the past 7 years so I've been willing to live with the inconveniences but I WILL NOT tolerate not being able to listen to my CDs in it.

I'm scoping out pickups and SUVs in case Mitsubishi tells me they don't stock that head unit anymore.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:48 am

Sister Sin is incredible! Even their pre-Switchblade Serenades stuff is awesome and worth tracking down.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm

So worth the pick up? I've never heard of them before but saw the new CD at FYE for $11.99 and the sticker was comparing them to Priest, Crue, Scorpions, etc. I ended up not getting it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
So worth the pick up? I've never heard of them before but saw the new CD at FYE for $11.99 and the sticker was comparing them to Priest, Crue, Scorpions, etc. I ended up not getting it.
Motley Crue is a good comparison. The others are not. I hate labels that try to entice buyers with that crap. For fans of Opeth, Weird Al Yankovich, Yanni, and Bon Jovi! WTF?

Anyway, I think $11.99 is worth it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 am

I ended up accidently(I didn't know that they were playing) seeing this band last nite! I went to the MSG show at The Boardwalk and they were one of the openers..........WOW!!!!! They are awesome live. I bought the new album, "True Sound...", based on that performance.

It kinda sucked for them, though(actually I think it was worse for the band that played after them), they had cover bands play before and then after them......WTF!?!?!?!?! They ROCKED the house. Got to talk to the singer, bassist and guitarist a little bit.......... lamented on how they only had a 30 minute set.

GREAT BAND!!!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

New Sister Sin 308838

Won't spit it out.

The damn thing already ate one of my godHead CDs a few months ago but slots 1 & 2 were still working. Today it decided to lock up the first 2 slots as well with my copy of the new Sister Sin in slot 2.

I'm going to see if Mitsubishi can replace the head unit but since my car is 10 years old, I have my doubts. Odds are I'll end up buying a new vehicle because this is the last straw. I've needed a different style vehicle ever since I bought this house. A coupe is OK when you live in an apartment but it really isn't practical when you have to bring 8 bags of mulch back home.

My car only has a little over 80K miles on it and has been paid for for the past 7 years so I've been willing to live with the inconveniences but I WILL NOT tolerate not being able to listen to my CDs in it.

I'm scoping out pickups and SUVs in case Mitsubishi tells me they don't stock that head unit anymore.

Cant you just buy a new cd player? My truck does this too but I only have the one slot for cds. Its annoying. When I shut the car off, if I have a cd in it it will make this clicking sound and eventually stop. Sometime when I hit eject it wont eject right away and start that annoying clicking sound so I have to hit the dashboard a few times and then it comes out. hahaha . I keep saying I'm gonna but a new stereo but haven't yet. I'm thinking of getting one of the ones with the GPS and the Ipod hook up. Until I can pay off bills and save up some money I'm stuck with the old one for now.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

New Sister Sin 308838

Won't spit it out.

Cant you just buy a new cd player? My truck does this too but I only have the one slot for cds. Its annoying. When I shut the car off, if I have a cd in it it will make this clicking sound and eventually stop. Sometime when I hit eject it wont eject right away and start that annoying clicking sound so I have to hit the dashboard a few times and then it comes out. hahaha . I keep saying I'm gonna but a new stereo but haven't yet. I'm thinking of getting one of the ones with the GPS and the Ipod hook up. Until I can pay off bills and save up some money I'm stuck with the old one for now.

I did end up with a new CD player. I didn't know how easy it would be to replace since the broken one was from the factory. You know how weirdly factory installed head units are configured. Fortunately, Best Buy had a face plate adapter that fit so I got a Sony CD player and this one has a USB port. Ever since pretty much all I've listened to is stuff off my flash drive.

And the install tech even managed to salvage my Sister Sin CD.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Nice!

If your cd player has a USB slot are you able to plug your Ipod into it too?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:00 pm

If I had an iPod.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

hahaha well I didn't mean your Ipod. After I wrote that I thought, what if he doesn't have an Ipod? lol. Cause I was wondering maybe I just wont get a stereo with GPS and just look for something with the USB connection which would be much cheaper. So many choices! haha

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Yeah, and I got a 4 gig hard drive for about $13. It's still only 40% full. I just leave the thing in the car stereo and have it set to shuffle. I never know what I'm going to hear next. It's like Toho Radio.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm

haha yea I would go nuts without my ipod

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:48 pm

The new cd is killer as hell!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Sister Sin Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Sister Sin   New Sister Sin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Sister Sin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: