Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister

Go down 
+11
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
Thelemech
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Glower
Troublezone
the sentinel
mc666
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Empty
PostSubject: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 10:53 am

This is screening this at a bowling alley here in Minneapolis. Looks pretty interesting.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:49 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
This is screening this at a bowling alley

That's pretty fitting actually.

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:56 am

I saw on another forum that this was coming out. It certainly looks interesting. Uncle, can you give me directions to the bowling alley?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:20 pm

You in town, homey? It is uptown at Bryant/Lake Bowl [on Bryant and West Lake Street - duh].
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
This is screening this at a bowling alley

That's pretty fitting actually.

Better than a Chuck E Cheese, I guess... don\'t know
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:28 pm

You in town, homey?  It is uptown at Bryant/Lake Bowl [on Bryant and West Lake Street - duh].

No. I would def give you a shout if I were. Smile

Seriously, though, this is on the list of Docs I want to see along with the QR one and the Tower Records.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 6:05 pm

I remember being in my first band, 10th grade or so, and we practiced at the drummers parents garage area -and he had a Twisted Sister LP - and I'm looking at the cover - each side - Under The Blade - My first impression was " I am not willing to become that - that's too f'n much - is that my competition - holy s*** " I heard a few songs - and then a few months later - I was astounded to see " You Cant Stop Rock N Roll " video - and that was it -
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 pm

I've been following the FB page for this movie for a while, keeping track of its progress. Looks like it'll be a good one. Looking forward to it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Glower wrote:

"is that my competition?"

Laughing very hard Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 am

I just got a screener DVD of this doc from my reporter friend. Woohoo! Can't wait to check it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just got a screener DVD of this doc from my reporter friend. Woohoo! Can't wait to check it out.

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing that myself.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 5:56 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Glower wrote:

"is that my competition?"

Laughing very hard  Awesome!

I remember the ad for Peter Criss - 'drummer who's willing to do ANYTHING to make it '
It's funny how Twisted Sister came from New York also -
I heard that KISS first put away the make-up because of Motley Crue - then didn't want to be associated with them - lol -
Of course King Diamond is the coolest face paint We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister 438278
POISON is the uncoolest - Alice Cooper ! POW !
there's also that recent death/goth metal band who I see on happy birthday messages to fellow members of this site -
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 7:15 pm

I think that's Immortal, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I finally had time to sit down and watch this flick last night, and enjoyed it immensely. It's basically an epic length "Behind the Music" style examination of Twisted's first decade, going in depth into their early formative years. I was particularly fascinated by the grainy photos and film clips of TS' earliest lineups cuz Jay Jay French is the only member who still remains from that mostly forgotten era.

Eventually it gets into TS' increasingly-desperate attempts to escape the constant grind of the NY area club circuit, and ends at the point where they finally sign their big time major record deal with Atlantic.

Dee and Jay Jay had some great stories that I'd never heard, several of which literally had me rolling on the floor laughin'. Seriously, my wife actually stuck her head in from the other room at one point and asked, "What the hell is so funny?"

The film is longer than I expected (2 hours and 15 minutes) but I was never bored or felt that it dragged.

Highly recommended for all SMF's! headbanger

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 7:14 pm

the sentinel wrote:

Yes. And they're not death metal or gothic metal, but black metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 8:47 pm

Required Fields wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yes. And they're not death metal or gothic metal, but black metal.

And incredibly great and cheesy, somewhat like a Manowar of Black Metal.

Some really intense albums though and At The Heart of Winter is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 6:56 pm

Speaking of Immortal, last week at work, we had a fire drill. There was one guy who works at my building who didn't even get his jacket (it was very cold out and snowing). He was wearing an Immortal shirt. I joked to him after we got back in the building, "Well, you're wearing an Immortal shirt, so you're used to the cold."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I finally had time to sit down and watch this flick last night, and enjoyed it immensely. It's basically an epic length "Behind the Music" style examination of Twisted's first decade, going in depth into their early formative years. I was particularly fascinated by the grainy photos and film clips of TS' earliest lineups cuz Jay Jay French is the only member who still remains from that mostly forgotten era.

Eventually it gets into TS' increasingly-desperate attempts to escape the constant grind of the NY area club circuit, and ends at the point where they finally sign their big time major record deal with Atlantic.  

Dee and Jay Jay had some great stories that I'd never heard, several of which literally had me rolling on the floor laughin'. Seriously, my wife actually stuck her head in from the other room at one point and asked, "What the hell is so funny?"

The film is longer than I expected (2 hours and 15 minutes) but I was never bored or felt that it dragged.

Highly recommended for all SMF's! headbanger

Cool. I gotta see this.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:04 am

This is on Netflix now for those interested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 6:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This is on Netflix now for those interested.

Excellent! Now I will check it out
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 10:20 pm

I just finished watching it. Very enjoyable, especially all that history involving their club days.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:43 am

The wife is working Friday night, so I know what I'll be watching after the kids are put to bed.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2016 10:59 pm

I enjoyed it, especially after seeing that Mr. French was way less of a D-bag than he normally comes across.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Cool flick, enjoyed it. Very cool to see them covering Hell Bent For Leather in the flick
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2016 11:40 pm

I bought that movie about a month ago, and liked it a lot. They were a really good band for three albums anyways. Too bad the music industry pretty much destroyed them. I never got a chance to see them in concert, and kick myself whenever I see live footage. The energy they bring across just on dvd and youtube is killer, seeing them live must have been a great show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister   We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Are Twisted F'Ing Sister
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next