Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blast inside a church

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Blast inside a church Empty
PostSubject: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm

Don't these pagan/white supremacists ever figure out these actions only make churches stronger?

Pagan group member presumably behind blast in Vladimir Orthodox church

Moscow, December 11, Interfax - A suspect detained as part of the
authorities' investigation into an explosion inside an Orthodox church
in Vladimir is believed to be a member of a pagan group that is in
conflict with traditional faiths, a spokesman for the Russian Interior
Ministry's department for the fight against extremism told Interfax on Friday.

An explosion occurred at the Sts Cyril and Methodius Church on the
premises of the Vladimir State University on December 6, the spokesman
said.

A pamphlet that was written on behalf of the White Storm group and contained remarks "aimed at inciting ethnic and religious hatred" was found inside the church, he said.

"A 28-year-old resident of Vladimir was detained for his suspected role
in the crime. The information available to us suggests that he is an
active member of a pagan group that is in conflict with traditional
faiths," the spokesman said.

An unknown person broke a window and threw an improvised explosive
device, which presumably contained the equivalent of around 50 grams of
TNT, inside the church early Sunday morning.

No one was hurt in the incident. The building was slightly damaged.

http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=6732
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:03 pm

some people never learn.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:18 pm

if you were as comfortable in your beliefs as you want people to think you are, then there would be no need to attack the faiths of others. attacking a church building is an assinine way of trying to be heard. no one will give any credence to your ideals after proving that you can only express them violently.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Bored russian kids looking for attention... their parents must be proud.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 am

mc666 wrote:
if you were as comfortable in your beliefs as you want people to think you are, then there would be no need to attack the faiths of others. attacking a church building is an assinine way of trying to be heard. no one will give any credence to your ideals after proving that you can only express them violently.

So damn true, I couldn't have said it any better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 10:18 am

I myself am Pagan but I would NEVER attack another religion it's just so, so, so wrong!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:32 am

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
I myself am Pagan but I would NEVER attack another religion it's just so, so, so wrong!

What kind of pagan... wiccan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 3:27 pm

No, wicca is a completely different set of ideas and beliefs although there are many pagans that do follow the wicca path. I myself follow some beliefs from Germanic, Norse and early Celtic paganism. Smile
I'll explain if you want.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:52 am

Quote :
I'll explain if you want.

sure...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

I follow the 4 elements belief (there's 5 in Norse beliefs). The elements are air,water,earth and fire (the 5th being ice). If the elements are out of balance then we'll get natural disasters and soforth. During the Yule season there are many celebrations in the name of the elements. I also follow a not so common ground belief of the "God" Mother Earth basically the Earth is 'God'. My ideas of heaven and hell are as follows: Heaven - when you're dead and buried you are at one with the Earth and peaceful, and Hell - you are a spirit set to wandering the Earth between 2 worlds until you find the thing to put you at rest which maybe be years,months or even eternity. Also I follow the rule "do to others only what you want to be done to yourself". Basically I'm one of those 'picker and choser' Pagans Razz

I hope I explained that well Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:34 am

I follow the 4 elements belief (there's 5 in Norse beliefs). The elements are air,water,earth and fire (the 5th being ice). If the elements are out of balance then we'll get natural disasters and soforth. During the Yule season there are many celebrations in the name of the elements. I also follow a not so common ground belief of the "God" Mother Earth basically the Earth is 'God'. My ideas of heaven and hell are as follows: Heaven - when you're dead and buried you are at one with the Earth and peaceful, and Hell - you are a spirit set to wandering the Earth between 2 worlds until you find the thing to put you at rest which maybe be years,months or even eternity. Also I follow the rule "do to others only what you want to be done to yourself". Basically I'm one of those 'picker and choser' Pagans Razz

I hope I explained that well Smile

k, thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Not a problem. Anyways back to the topic... why do people think it's right to attack other religions?
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Not a problem. Anyways back to the topic... why do people think it's right to attack other religions?

Insecurity and Ignorance, plus general hate for things they perceive as a threat, and self-righteous posturing to right what they think is wrong for the sake of the god(s) they believe in. If you know what you believe in and you have no doubt of its truth, no one else beliefs should bother you enough to want to hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 4:59 pm

why do people think it's right to attack other religions?

Because humanity is a belligerent species hell bent on its own eventual destruction.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 pm

GN, you have a great point!
Attacking others is just wrong, wrong, wrong. No matter what race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, social class etc everyone school be excepted. Damn. It really sickens me with all the stuff that goes on it this world. It's so sickening and heart-wrenching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast inside a church   Blast inside a church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blast inside a church
Page 1 of 1