Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Extol album officially in the works

Go down 
+19
bgsully
shamgar75
powermacho
Orion Crystal Ice
GrandNational
krail
DevZor
Olafsto
jettafiend
metalhead777
nevermore
kmorg
exact33
DallasBlack
Lurideath
T-Roy
mc666
ultmetal
Tur-Thalion
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:36 pm

This is on my wants list.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 pm

bgsully wrote:
Ok, I've been cranking this new album....and I gotta say I'm loving it! To me; the sound continues where Synergy left off. This one; however, is more memorable, and miles above The Blueprint Dives IMO. headbanger

i am really enjoying this one as well. I hear parts of Burial, Undeceived and Synergy in it. I love the clean vocal parts too.

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:05 pm

This is a very awesome album. One of my favorite releases of 2013. Having Ole Borud back is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:33 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
This is a very awesome album.   One of my favorite releases of 2013.   Having Ole Borud back is wonderful.

he makes all the difference. This is a great release!

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:04 am

nevermore wrote:
This is on my wants list.

Mine too.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:11 pm

I can't stop listening to this CD - so good. Can't wait for Ult's review on this (hope you get the CD soon!)
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:15 pm

exact33 wrote:
bgsully wrote:
Ok, I've been cranking this new album....and I gotta say I'm loving it! To me; the sound continues where Synergy left off. This one; however, is more memorable, and miles above The Blueprint Dives IMO. headbanger

i am really enjoying this one as well. I hear parts of Burial, Undeceived and Synergy in it. I love the clean vocal parts too.

That's a great point - I think this may be their most complete album yet.  The clean vocals are really well done, the lyrics are strong, the production is top notch, the musicianship is really tight (as usual)....I could go on.  The first 2 tracks are an awesome way to start the album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 pm

So far the only song that stands out as not fitting is the atmospheric instrumental, which just reeks of filler track to me. Otherwise a good record.

Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Hey Ult, did you get the American release or the other release with the extra track Sting of Death?
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 4:48 pm

oh man there's a bonus track?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
oh man there's a bonus track?
my thoughts too..

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 am

I absolutely love the cd. To me it sounds like they're reaching back towards Undeceived, while bringing in some serious 80s Yes vibes in the clean vocals. This album would have really satisfied me when I had such high hopes after hearing the Paralysis ep.

But I've read a variety of opinions online that claim to hear a lot of the style of The Blueprint Dives. Can someone point this out to me? I've really not noticed it in the 10 or so times I've listened to the album
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 pm

I've not heard Blueprint Dives in this one either. I hear a mix of the first three albums personally. The clean vocals are an oddity to me. I really like them but can't quite figure them out. It's almost like a chorus effect, or autotune effect or perhaps multiple-takes and layering were used. Whatever it was, I agree, I heard YES as well.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Can't wait for the new LS album!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:
I absolutely love the cd.  To me it sounds like they're reaching back towards Undeceived, while bringing in some serious 80s Yes vibes in the clean vocals.  This album would have really satisfied me when I had such high hopes after hearing the Paralysis ep.

But I've read a variety of opinions online that claim to hear a lot of the style of The Blueprint Dives.  Can someone point this out to me?  I've really not noticed it in the 10 or so times I've listened to the album
I dont hear Blueprint at all. I hear a lot of Undeceived and Burial.

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Extol noted today on their Facebook page that a "deluxe edition" of the album has been released digitally (at both itunes and amazon for sure), which features a new song, Sting of Death.

Thankfully you can buy the track by itself; it's not one of those pesky "album only" downloads.  If buying it from Itunes, though, be careful when you buy it, because there are two similar deluxe editions on itunes right now.  One is called "Extol Deluxe Edition," and its tracks are all $0.99 each.  This is the one you want.  The other is called "Extol with Bonus Track," and all of its tracks are $1.29 each.  Who knows why they have two versions of the same thing charging different amounts.

The track is good and fits well with the sound of the rest of the album

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/extol-deluxe-edition/id806916650
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I74USM6/ref=sr_1_1_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B00I74UXRQ&qid=1392228567&sr=1-1%3C/a%3E
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Extol album officially in the works
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3