Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it

Go down 
+6
exact33
Fat Freddy
Grimmo
kmorg
Dark Horseman
AchrisK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Empty
PostSubject: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:49 pm

I got an Extol - Burial CD a while back and when I went to play it, it was Sherri Youngward - No More Good-Byes.

Weird, right?

I don't know what to do with it.

I have done internet searches and found no reference to this phenomenon.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:05 am

I know what to do with it. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:02 am

That happens every now and then. The most famous misprint in the metal circuit is arguably the Metallica Ride The Lightning with green album cover where the B side of the vinyl plays French Christmas songs.

A friend of mine owns 3 copies of Iron Maiden's Best of the Beast compilation where 1 of the discs plays a solo single for ex-The Bangles singer Suzanne Hoff (or something similar). Only 5 copies are known to exist, and his brother owns the other 2!

When he first discovered it he went back to the store and they offered him a replacement copy, to which he repliee: replace it? I want to know if you have more of them!!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:43 am

I once heard of someone buying Guns N' Roses' Use Your Illusion I, which had the songs from Use Your Illusion II pressed onto the disc instead (disc label was definitely printed with Use Your Illusion I).  scratch
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:19 am

Stuff like this happens from time to time. A few years ago when Metal Mind reissued the Sadus catalog, the "Swallowed in Black" CD I got had the songs from "A Vision of Misery" on it...and vice versa.

I also remember hearing years ago that a label had to recall a Frank Sinatra compilation album because the CDs actually had songs by the Circle Jerks on them... That must've caused a few coronaries in old age homes Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Maybe that explains why the new Geoff Tate album sounds like the backstreet boys...

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:03 pm

exact33 wrote:
Maybe that explains why the new Geoff Tate album sounds like the backstreet boys...

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 am

It seems weird that errors like this would exist in such small quantities. Maybe employees think it's funny to take one or two pressed but not printed CDs from one artist and mix them into the wrong pile.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:30 pm

I haven't had someone else's music on a CD but this video below my friend made for me explains what happened to my CD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmjH53Xw26E
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:57 am

I got a copy of 'Sombre Romantic' by Virgin Black and the CD is printed with 'Elegant...and Dying'. This was when I was starting to get into the band, and I thought it strange that their records were THAT similar.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 pm

I was contacted once by a local Christian bookstore. They had a customer return some light contemporary Christian release to the store because it wasn't the right music. They wanted me to take a listen and see if I knew who the music was. It was S.O.D. Speak English or Die. Haha.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I was contacted once by a local Christian bookstore. They had a customer return some light contemporary Christian release to the store because it wasn't the right music. They wanted me to take a listen and see if I knew who the music was. It was S.O.D. Speak English or Die. Haha.

Laughing very hard 

S.O.D., Michael w. smith, very similar.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:29 pm

ultmetal wrote:

HAHAHA!! That's hilarious!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it   Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extol - Burial CD with a Sherri Youngward album on it
Page 1 of 1