Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Extol album officially in the works

Go down 
+19
bgsully
shamgar75
powermacho
Orion Crystal Ice
GrandNational
krail
DevZor
Olafsto
jettafiend
metalhead777
nevermore
kmorg
exact33
DallasBlack
Lurideath
T-Roy
mc666
ultmetal
Tur-Thalion
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

New Extol album officially in the works Empty
PostSubject: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Saw this at their facebook page this morning:
Quote :

EXTOL – new album in progress

We are happy to announce that EXTOL now after 5 years of silence returns to the studio to record their fifth album.

We are very excited about the new material, and as expected from the musical legacy of Extol, no compromise is offered.

Stay tuned for more information…

Also saw this official press release at Metalsucks:
Quote :

After the “The Blueprint Dives” in 2005 and the massive worldwide touring with bands such as Mastodon and Opeth, we dissapeared without any further explanation. Now, years later, we are back on track working on what is to be our fifth full-length. As expected from the musical legacy of Extol, no compromise is offered.

Mastermind OLE BØRUD has returned, and together with DAVID HUSVIK and PETER ESPEVOLL, the trio now constitute the line-up of EXTOL 2012.

Stay tuned for more information…

So Ole is back! That is great news. I'm a bit surprised that they will be just a trio though. One would think it would have a dramatic effect on their sound.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:23 pm

Since they were never consistent with their sound, I wonder what the new project will sound like?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Yeah that is definitely the huge open question. I would guess a lot of people are going to hold back on any excitement until samples become available, whenever that would be.

Although their sound did vary a lot from album to album (the only consistency being from Burial to the follow-up ep Mesmerized), I thought that the quality of music was excellent on all of the albums, so I am definitely looking forward to it. And having Ole back is a big plus.

I do kind of doubt it will sound exactly like Blueprint Dives though, because that sound was completely borrowed from Ganglion, and none of the other guys from Ganglion are in on this new incarnation of Extol.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm

i only like Burial, but more power to them.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:58 pm

mc666 wrote:
Funny you mention that. This is all I own and I just pulled it out last week....I CANNOT get into this album and I don't know why. It's just goofy to me. I wanna like it, I really do. I love death metal.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:19 pm

I didn't care for them really except a few tracks here and there from the 1st 2 full lengths. I guess because everyone was all gaga about them that I automatically hated it. They were decent live though when I seen them in Ventura, CA way way back when.

Good for them though, I wish them luck and I hope it sounds better than all their other releases.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 pm

I couldn't really get to much into them after Undecieved (not bad but nothing held me for long) though I did try. I thought they were done but good to see they are giving it another go (whether I will be able to get into it or not).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm

I loved Burial but they went all crazy and stuff on The Blueprint Dives. If Ole is back Ill give it a listen.

Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 pm

So, the way things are worded toward the end of this preview for the Extol documentary...it almost makes it sound like the 10 seconds of song at the end is new. I don't recognize it, anyway. Is it something old, or is it new? Stylistically, it sounds a lot like Undeceived.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 pm

This is going to be great!! I'll get in on both the DVD and of course a new album!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm

This documentary looks like it will be pretty good!! I know I'd love to see it!
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Interesting. That was a sudden break in silence for the band.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I have Paralysis and Synergy and I have not heard Blueprint Dives. I will give this a listen when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 9:15 pm

jettafiend wrote:
I have Paralysis and Synergy and I have not heard Blueprint Dives. I will give this a listen when it comes out.
Blueprint Dives is a bit iffy. I like it a ton,I guess it could be because I'm young and more attuned to that "modern rock" sound.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Man, I haven't heard Blueprint in a long time. I played that clip and it's just so NOT what you expect from Extol. There seems to be very few Christian bands that stick to their musical guns.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:37 am

Well I don't think that song is totally representative of Blueprint Dives.

Here's a song that I think is modern, yes, but still quite technical and has that Extol sound:

Also, ultmetal, what do you mean here by "sticking to one's musical guns"? Because in the case of Extol they pretty much changed their sound with every album (kind of like Living Sacrifice).
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 8:21 am

ultmetal wrote:
Man, I haven't heard Blueprint in a long time. I played that clip and it's just so NOT what you expect from Extol. There seems to be very few Christian bands that stick to their musical guns.

Maybe they are in the business for the message instead of the music?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

Olafsto wrote:

Not the case for these guys... Some Christian bands, ala living sacrifice and disciple totally change styles to stay relevant enough to keep preaching. But every stylistic change extol made seemed to move further away from accessibility. I honestly think the guys in extol just get bored with the same thing quickly and wanna try new stuff.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

DevZor wrote:
Olafsto wrote:

Not the case for these guys... Some Christian bands, ala living sacrifice and disciple totally change styles to stay relevant enough to keep preaching. But every stylistic change extol made seemed to move further away from accessibility. I honestly think the guys in extol just get bored with the same thing quickly and wanna try new stuff.

yeah - if you hear what the members went on to play post-Extol they were all into other styles.

krail
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 pm

yahooooo! scrape blueprint off the surface and you have some fine norwegian lambs. ole is sure to break the bank. bank=yahooo!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 pm

T-Roy wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Funny you mention that. This is all I own and I just pulled it out last week....I CANNOT get into this album and I don't know why. It's just goofy to me. I wanna like it, I really do. I love death metal.

Well, Burial is definitely not death metal.

Haven't listened to Extol in ages. If they can make it sound like that one Schaliach album many moons ago with Ole, I might check it out.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 am

GrandNational wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Well, Burial is definitely not death metal.
definitely not. i would say it is progressive thrash, with some death/black influences.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 am

you know what, as long as it doesn't sound like most of 'Blueprint'. If I wanted to listen to screamo (which I don't) I would just go buy a screamo record. If the new one is good enough they might even get a ProgPower slot.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
you know what, as long as it doesn't sound like most of 'Blueprint'. If I wanted to listen to screamo (which I don't) I would just go buy a screamo record.
Where are you getting the whole screamo thing from?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Whereever I feel like it. Gosh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Extol album officially in the works   New Extol album officially in the works Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Extol album officially in the works
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next