Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross..... revisited...

Go down 
+25
deathisgain
MetalGuy71
glassprison
MetallicSeminarian
bgsully
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
Lurideath
JBall_Z
exact33
James B.
stepcousin
brokentulsa
T-Roy
Dark Horseman
kmorg
manny
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
Sutekh
krokus
Fat Freddy
bassman
jettafiend
mr.electric39
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:33 am

To hear what they sound like now go to YouTube and search for Barren Cross Elements Of Rock 2012. The whole show is posted and they play a new song. So if you're wondering what they might sound like now then go check it out!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 5:03 pm

It's still very cool to see so much love for these guys. I mean they haven't released anything new in what....18 years????

Someday maybe an actual proper reissue.... but I won't hold my breath!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 12:36 am

I have Atomic Arena, Rattle Your Cage and Rock For The King... This band is one of my favorite Christian Metal bands of all time... I was listening to rattle your cage tonight and it really is a heavy album..I am looking at getting the live albums and the demo album ...
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Still consider myself a fan (though i will admit some of the early lyrics are cringe worthy  lol! ). These days when I revisit; I just put all their stuff on shuffle. I think they could pull off a solid new album.......not holding my breath; though.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Rock for the King, Atomic Arena, and State of Control are all awesome and I love all three. I've never listened to Rattle Your Cage.

Deadlock and Out of Time are probably my favorite BC tunes.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

RYC is actually pretty decent. It just had a horrible album cover.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm

The first three are great albums - Atomic Arena is fantastic and by far their best work. RTC doesn't exist in my world...........
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2015 9:23 pm

I like all of their albums (except the most recent live album, which this absolutely obnoxious delay effect on the vocals throughout the entire set); my favorite, however, has always been Rattle Your Cage. I can't get enough of that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:40 am

I have a few of their albums that I found at a flea market a few years ago. I only recognized the name after hearing about them 'round these parts and Ult's site. They never made much of an impact on me, but that's probably because I was late to the game. Had I heard them "back in the day", maybe that would be different.

I should give them a fresh spin though. Been awhile.

EDIT: I have these 3
Rock For The King
Atomic Arena
State Of Control

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 10:47 am

RYC is about half good and half sounds like they changed a couple notes on past songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:05 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

EDIT: I have these 3
Rock For The King
Atomic Arena
State Of Control

Then you've got the essentials. Rattle Your Cage had its moments but it's far from a must-have.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 pm

If the new song they play in Elements is any indication, I'll be passing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 11:52 am

http://stores.ebay.com/michaeldrive

BC vocalist Michael Drive Lee is auctioning a bunch of his personal Barren Cross memorabilia collection on eBay to raise funds for a friend who needs medical treatment:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 7:27 am

Wow, there is some really cool stuff up for sale on there. And all for completely reasonable prices. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 11:42 am

I got into their music a few years back and I think they are great. Unfortunately, their back catalog is not cheap so all I own is the re release of Rock for the King and the "Hotter than Hell Live!" album. The rest is on the want list, though. They are probably the band I search ebay for the most; just waiting for prices to go down.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 am

the sentinel wrote:
I got into their music a few years back and I think they are great. Unfortunately, their back catalog is not cheap so all I own is the re release of Rock for the King and the "Hotter than Hell Live!" album. The rest is on the want list, though. They are probably the band I search ebay for the most; just waiting for prices to go down.

I'm currently revisiting my Barren Cross collection and I'm happy to say they will make the cut and remain in my keep for now. Sorry Sentinel. If I change my mind, you'll be the first to know.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I'm currently revisiting my Barren Cross collection and I'm happy to say they will make the cut and remain in my keep for now. Sorry Sentinel. If I change my mind, you'll be the first to know.

You absolutely need Atomic Arena and State Of Control. Atomic Arena is a FANTASTIC METAL album as stands tall next to albums outside of the Christian Metal sub-genre. (waits for Fat Freddy to chime in on how great Atomic Arena is)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 7:44 pm

^^ What joker sez. Atomic Arena is simply a bad-ass 80s metal record. Top ten of all time for me, easy.

Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 7:54 pm

"Atomic Arena" is to me, the epitome of Barren Cross. Their best. As much as I played the heck out of "State of Control", the overly Elefante wall of reverb curse starts to show it's age. "2,000 Years" and "Stage of Intensity" are probably the only tracks that I play now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
branowar
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 9:14 pm

Atomic Arena is one of my favorite records ever and was from the first listen. Great hooks and aggression. No one has ever sounded more like Bruce Dickinson without being Bruce Dickinson than Mike Lee too. It's uncanny. In some senses, he's even better than Bruce Bruce.
Back to top Go down
http://branowar.wordpress.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 4:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Sad C'mon, man.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 9:33 am

I recently listened to Atomic Arena for the first time in years. Still such a great record. It definitely won't be years until I listen to it again.

Thrasher73, Fat Freddy and Glower like this post

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 8:58 pm

For the longest time I only had RYC which I love! The albums were OOP and too expensive for me, but thanks to Roxx Records I have all the studio albums. I can safely say they are one of the best bands of the early Christian metal scene!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 7:45 am

Picked up the latest reissue of Rattle Your Cage on cd.

Excellent stuff. Planning on ordering Atomic Arena next.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2022 9:07 am

Gilbert wrote:
Picked up the latest reissue of Rattle Your Cage on cd.

Excellent stuff. Planning on ordering Atomic Arena next.

R.Y.C. is okay but Atomic Arena is one of my favorite 80s metal albums, ever. You're gonna love it!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross..... revisited...   Barren Cross..... revisited... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross..... revisited...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next