Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Galactic Cowboys

Go down 
+25
shamgar75
nevermore
Leatherface
Sutekh
James B.
DeathCult
Jedilink
DallasBlack
rattpoison
candlemass
stepcousin
7thSecond
MetalH
T-Roy
AchrisK
thejokeriv
Shiney
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
mc666
Troublezone
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 12:05 pm

AchrisK wrote:
I have some extra copies of the first GC CD if anyone is interested. For trade or for sale pretty cheap. PM me if interested.

Me too, not sure how I acquired those extra copies?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:21 am

Quote :
On "The Horse That Bud Bought", the song Evil Twin is easily one of the coolest songs they wrote.

I wholeheartedy agree with you on this one Ult. I bought a single of this song a few years back (2001 Cornerstone) and it has stuck with me CONSTANTLY. That's one of the first Galactic Cowboys songs that will pop in my head when I think of them.

I LOVE EVERY release by this band. EVERY ONE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:26 am

We are not amused!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:10 am

Just saw this funny video by Wally Farkas.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=95473
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Anyone familiar with Monty Colvin's Crunchy? I've heard a few songs that I liked but have never seen their albums in stores. Here are some videos I found on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKjcmRpm4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN2LyvBSo3Q&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23Fsagn2Sw&feature=related

Boy, Monty sure has changed!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Check out Gristle. It's Ben Huggins band. Sounds a little reminiscent of GC. Good stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 pm

I liked em ok, I have most of my GC discs up for trade now though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:39 pm

They were my favorite band at one point. They still hold a special place in my collection. Need to drag out the discs and give 'em a spine again.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 am

They were great band , especially live
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:43 am

I thought their first album was actually their best - a great mix of melody, crunch, intelligent lyrics (and some ridiculous ones, too lol! ), and great musicianship. I enjoy the later ones, but the debut and Space in Your Face are the ones I return to most frequently.

Atomic Opera are also really cool, though their sound evolves a lot between their early stuff and Gospel Cola, which is quite odd, but brilliant, in places).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 4:17 am

I had thier first cd, but I only liked one song on it. Just couldn't get into the others.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:26 am

I had the first album and really liked the material but the production was a little leaden (Sam Taylor is a loser).

The first time I saw them was opening for Overkill...quite an interesting mix of bands I must say...but they were impressive. Their live sound was never captured well on their albums. I then saw them open for King's X a couple times (once Wally Farkas took over on guitar) and while they were still good I had the feeling they were "going through the motions".
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am

I always have enjoyed GC. Everything up to Feel The Rage is killer. While I like The Horse That Bud Bought and Let It Go, they didn't stick with me like the earlier stuff did.

As far as Atomic Opera I have only heard For Madmen Only and love it. I've been meaning to check out some of their other stuff but haven't had much luck finding it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Quote :
The first time I saw them was opening for Overkill

I saw that tour. Most times I mention that people look at me like i'm crazy.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:26 pm

Galactic Cowboys are one of my all-time favorite bands. They just wrote great music with good lyrics and wonderful harmonies. Their debut s/t album was excellent. Kaptain Krude had some great chords in that song. The next album, Space in Your Face just built on the excellence of the first album. Great songs on the album like I do what I do, If I were a killer, Mrs. Leslie.

Dale leaves and in comes Wally Farkas on guitar on Machine Fish. Their heaviest album IMO. Still have the melodies but the songs have an edge to them. Fav's are The Struggle, Stress, Psychotic Companion, Red Sun, 9th of June. The Feel the Rage EP was very good, with the Kiss cover, the new song Paradigm Shift, and the live tracks. The Horse that Bud Bought had some good songs as well. Evil Twin, I Can't Wait, and Ribbon are some of my fav's. The next CD, At the End of the Day, was a great release, better than THTBB. Just a really solid album all the way through. Nothing to Say, Ants, Young Man's Dream, and the Machine Fish Suite are great. Let It Go was their last album, and it incorporated a lot of different styles on the CD. Fav's include Disney's Spinnin, Life and Times, Another Hill, Internalize.

I never got to see them live (I missed my one chance and I regret it to this day) but caught on with Machine Fish. Always looked forward to a new GC release.

Monty's band Crunchy is really good stuff. I always enjoyed the Monty penned stuff while he was with GC. The last CD, Loserville, is very solid and enjoyable. He still does the harmonies well too.

I really hope someday they do come back at some point, even it's for just a couple of shows or maybe one more studio release.

Long live the Galactic Cowboys.

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:34 am

Been listening to the first album lately and i think it's one of my favorite albums next to Trouble's s/t and Pantera's CFH
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Today I found at the local used shop:

At The End Of The Day
Feel The Rage EP
Machine Fish
Let It Go

Grand total: $5 for all 4

headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 pm

S wrote:

At The End Of The Day
Feel The Rage EP
Machine Fish
Let It Go

headbanger

Cool! I know you've been looking for those for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:17 pm

S wrote:

At The End Of The Day
Feel The Rage EP
Machine Fish
Let It Go

headbanger

Those are my favorite GC albums Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 11840

Most people prefer the first two but I think GC are best at their most melodic (the exception is The Horse That Bud Bought-not a bad album but probably their overall weakest).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 5:13 pm

detuned wrote:
S wrote:

At The End Of The Day
Feel The Rage EP
Machine Fish
Let It Go

headbanger

Cool! I know you've been looking for those for awhile now.

Yeah, I used to have them before the financial crash...nice to get them back again so cheap.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:54 am

Odd thing about all of those Galactic albums. The record company must've had high hopes for them because there seems to be an abundance of them in used shops and on-line. I think I bought their entire discography off of ebay for under $20 total. I don't think I spent more that $5 bucks tops for 1 or 2 and got a few of them as low as a penny. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned. Too bad few others think so.

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 am

Metal Blade had a lot of faith in them...kept them for 4 albums and an EP...but, just like King's X, they deserved much more attention than they received.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:17 pm

I'm still holding for a reunion cd........
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Odd thing about all of those Galactic albums. The record company must've had high hopes for them because there seems to be an abundance of them in used shops and on-line. I think I bought their entire discography off of ebay for under $20 total. I don't think I spent more that $5 bucks tops for 1 or 2 and got a few of them as low as a penny. Money well spent as far as I'm concerned. Too bad few others think so.

I used to see their cds used all the time in stores but I haven't come across 1 in a long time. Of course, now that I like them haha.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 3:03 am

Yeah, I picked up the last four albums a few months ago off ebay for a dollar each, all sealed. The postage to Australia cost more than all four discs. Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Galactic Cowboys   Galactic Cowboys - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Galactic Cowboys
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next