Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album

Go down 
+11
7thSaviour
Jedilink
jstate
Louder
Troublezone
Thrasher73
nevermore
ultmetal
mc666
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
15 posters

Galactic Cowboys
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap40%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 40% [ 8 ]
Space In Your Face
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap30%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Machine Fish
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap20%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
The Horse That Bud Bought
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap5%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
At The End Of The Day
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap5%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Let It Go
Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_lcap0%Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 9:25 am

Listened to At The End Of The Day (my first introduction to them) last night and remembered how much I love that album. Every song has me singing along with it. This gave me the idea to make this poll. Now I must admit, I never heard the album Machine Fish but none of the other releases grab me as much as ATEOTD. Second would be Let It Go followed by the self titled then The Horse That Bud Bought. For some reason, Space In Your Face didn't interest me when I had it and I later traded it off. Maybe some day I'll try it out again.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 10:28 am

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Machine Fish was my fave of theirs. it was also the last one i really enjoyed.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 2:08 pm

Like 'em all, but voted for their first album. It's so unique and
unlike anyone else (despite those who try to say they sound like King's
X).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:28 pm

I knew about the other Cowboys thread, but I felt like turning it into a poll (as a visual gauge).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:44 pm

I have to go with Machine Fish. I also really like their first two records alot. Everything after the Feel The Rage ep didn't grab me as much as the earlier stuff did.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 11:04 pm

Machine Fish is my fave.Great Groove album.Second would be their self-titled.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 am

Space in your Face! I also like the 1st record and Machine Fish too.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 6:59 am

I felt they never topped that first album. It's one of the few albums I consider pretty much perfect.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 9:46 am

Had to go with the first album. I remember being so blown away by it when it first came out. Although Machine Fish would be a very close second.
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

I voted Horse That Bud Bought. It's PROBABLY because it was the first Cowboys album I'd bought in about 5 or 6 years so I immediately just engulfed the whole thing super quickly. Razz I've kinda worked backwards on their stuff. Starting out with Let it Go and now the only ones I still need real copies of are Space In Your Face and the Self Titled cd. I'll buy them soon too, I know that for a fact. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:28 am

Again I cannot express how much I LOVE this band. DEFINATELY in my top 5 fave bands ever. And more than likely in my top 3. Maybe even number one...I don't know. Razz I've just taken to this band so much over the last few years (I discovered them in 2000...sadly).

But yeah every song of theirs is a winner to me and I usually end up thinking of one of their songs at almost any time. Of course my current listening list tends to pop in my head more immediately, but the Cowboys probably have their songs pop in my head more than ANY of my other favorite bands...them and Megadeth probably. Razz

I LOVE Galactic Cowboys. I hope they get back together at some point. Seeing as how I never got a CHANCE to see them live it'd be nice if they'd do so...even just for me. Razz Haha.

As for them breaking up, I "Blame it on my evil twin." lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:24 am

1.SIYF 10/10
2.S/T 9.75/10
3.MF 9.5/10

Easily one of my fave bands ever! I saw them live with King's X on the Tapehead tour!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 am

I voted for the debut. It's a shame they never released an official live album because none of the studio albums ever completely captured their sound.

The first time I saw them they were the opening act for Overkill on the Horrorscope tour.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:52 am

Troublezone wrote:
Space in your Face! I also like the 1st record and Machine Fish too.
We are the Galactic Twins! Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album 505193 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 am

detuned wrote:
I voted for the debut. It's a shame they never released an official live album because none of the studio albums ever completely captured their sound.

The first time I saw them they were the opening act for Overkill on the Horrorscope tour.
affraid fainting humble I wish I could've seen that gig as I adore both bands! Agreed about a live album. It would have rules to no end! These guys are one of the best live bands I've EVER seen in person, and I've been to many, many concerts!
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Voted for Space in Your Face but it's a tough call with me for these guys as I like all their albums.
They were always great live. I saw 'em several times mostly when they were touring with King's X. Now that was always a great show!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:43 pm

Svengo wrote:
Voted for Space in Your Face but it's a tough call with me for these guys as I like all their albums.
They were always great live. I saw 'em several times mostly when they were touring with King's X. Now that was always a great show!
Heck yeah, it sure was! Their show that I saw is still one of my Top 10 fave concerts EVER! fainting humble 🤘
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:08 pm

The first two are neck and neck, but I voted for Space
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:55 pm

I only have the first three albums, and I like em like this:
1- Galactic Cowboys
2 - Machine Fish
3 - Space In Your Face
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I only have the first three albums, and I like em like this:
1- Galactic Cowboys
2 - Machine Fish
3 - Space In Your Face
There, we have something in common, right? Time to have some fun and rejoice in metal always! 🤘
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:42 pm

There's really only one album I don't like that well, and that's Machine Fish. The music is actually very good, but there's something about the sound levels or something that makes me stress out. I bought that album while I was on my lunch break during the time I was studying for the CPA exam, and maybe I am unconsciously associating that stress with listening to the album. It's unfortunate, 'cause the music is good. Galactic Cowboys put out a whole mess of great albums, though, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album   Favorite Galactic Cowboys Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1