Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buying duplicates of same album...

Go down 
+11
Lari
jettafiend
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
jstate
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
exact33
Required Fields
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Buying duplicates of same album... Empty
PostSubject: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 pm

If you receive a damaged album in the mail, do you rush out to buy another copy or do you simply live with what you received?

I don't mean a damaged jewel case, as this can be easily replaced. However, damaged digipacks or damaged booklets are impossible to replace...

In my case, I recently bought Virgin Steele's deluxe edition of Black Light Bacchanalia. I bought it from importcds where I normally purchase probably 80% of my albums. I have never had any problems ordering from importcds as normally they are very careful with packaging orders; however the order I recently received was very poorly packaged, basically they threw in 4 thick digipacks in a tough cardboard envelope rather than placing them in a box with mini airbags as they normally would when ordering a large package...

The result is I received the digipack VS's Black Light Bacchanalia severely damaged:

Buying duplicates of same album... Photo111

Buying duplicates of same album... Photo10
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 am

You return it, man.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:32 pm

My friend Matt (the vocalist for Mortality Work) received a copy of Amon's album Liar in Wait in the mail earlier this summer. What he didn't expect is to see Eric Hoffman sign the wrapped plastic. As a result, Matt ordered another copy, and decided not to open the first copy he bought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You return it, man.

yep. If I am ordering a cd, I would expect it to come in good condition unless I knew ahead of time.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am

I've had plenty of jewel-cases arrive all busted up, but I don't get a red-ass over it as they're easily replaceable. But if my digi-pack showed up like that, I'd give 'em hell.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 pm

I recently got 'Sombre Romantic' by Virgin Black, and the CD is actually 'Elegant...and dying'. Even though, the CD face is the Sombre Romantic CD face, the booklet is the Sombre Romantic booklet..etc. But you play it, and they manufactured 'Elegant..' on the wrong disc.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 am

My dealings with importcds have all been good. They actually honored a price mistake on their amazon listing - which they could have just as easily canceled the order. Haven't had to return anything but if you're a regular customer I'm sure they'll send you out a new Virgin Steele digi.

Last year I bought Helix's Back For Another Taste only to get to my car and remember I'd bought it just the year before. Was going to take it back when I noticed the copy I'd just gotten was autographed. Since I hadn't paid a lot for it - the collector in me decided just to hold onto it. That same trip I also scored D.A.D 's No Fuel For The Pilgrims which I already had, but this version was the Dannish one with the copyright infringed Disneyland After Dark actually spelled out on the cover. The collector in me can justify those type of double dips.

All the others I accidentally buy that I already have are because I'm an idiot who has too many cds. Though I've recently gotten a lot better about that.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I recently got 'Sombre Romantic' by Virgin Black, and the CD is actually 'Elegant...and dying'. Even though, the CD face is the Sombre Romantic CD face, the booklet is the Sombre Romantic booklet..etc. But you play it, and they manufactured 'Elegant..' on the wrong disc.

That happened to me a couple of years ago when I got Metal Mind's reissues of the Sadus catalog. The Swallowed In Black CD had the songs from A Vision Of Misery on it, and vice versa. Man, was I confused at first! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

That happened to me a couple of years ago when I got Metal Mind's reissues of the Sadus catalog. The Swallowed In Black CD had the songs from A Vision Of Misery on it, and vice versa. Man, was I confused at first! Laughing very hard

I had that happen to me not long ago with an Atomic Opera disc. The disc had some 80's alternative comp on it, instead of Atomic Opera's debut. The seller was kind enough to send me a replacement album.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 pm

really depends on how much you paid. I would at least write them and say it came damaged and see what they say from there. they might send you a whole new copy or refund you without even sending it back. if that ends up being the case then who cares you got it free. that cd is a stinker anyway Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:17 pm

I bought the Showdown's Temptation Come My Way from Christian Bookstore, only to get it home and my brother goes "Hey, there is a track missing." Apparently the Christian publisher did not like the song title "Fanatics and Whores" and took it off. I found a copy of the album in a used bin for $3 with the song on it and bought the album. I also have 2 of the 3 different cover versions of Demon Hunter's The Triptych as well as the special edition 2-disc set that came with a live DVD. My inner collector is an insatiable fiend at times.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 5:18 am

Quick update -

I e-mailed importcds and they have refunded me the price of the album plus shipping & handling costs. I didn't have to return the album.

So, good outcome.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Quick update -

I e-mailed importcds and they have refunded me the price of the album plus shipping & handling costs. I didn't have to return the album.

So, good outcome.

nice. Its great when a retailer makes things right.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 12:24 pm

Nice. It does show they care about the happiness of their customers.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Many years ago I bought a Sacred Steel CD from an eBay seller. The CD I received had, instead of music, an hour or so's worth of spoken word sermons on it. I emailed the seller, he asked me to send it back and he would replace it. Which I did, and he did. After he sent the replacement CD, he emailed me and said a new one was on the way, with no sermons, lest they be that of METAL! I always thought that was funny.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Unless you count "upgrades" from vinyl or tape to CD, I try to avoid "re-buying" albums. If a CD I already have gets reissued, it's gotta include a whole mess of sweet bonus stuff in order to get me to double dip.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Cool that you got a refund. I just wish more places would send replacements. I guess it makes sense to just simply refund and be done with the problem. I'm always begging gohastings to send a replacement instead of a refund but it's always a no go on that.
Back to top Go down
Taibhse
Metal novice
Metal novice
Taibhse

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Nah, I'd return it. I'd only buy a new copy if the CD/LP/tape itself was damaged and the place I bought it from wouldn't refund or return it. I don't usually buy reissues or multiple formats either unless I already have one and another is released with extra content, and in that case I try to sell the first copy. That said, my collection got way out of order for a few months and I bought several multiple copies of some things because I forgot that I already had them and couldn't check easily. I ended up with the Dead Congregation album on both tape and record, the Venenum EP on CD and record, the Repugnant album on CD and record, three copies of the Invidious EP (the normal edition and both versions of the limited edition, so I think I'll actually hang onto those for a while), two copies of the Cruciamentum Convocation of Crawling Chaos demo, two copies of Forced Entry by RAM and who knows what else on different formats that I haven't found out about yet.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Not exactly the same thing, but I remember a time I was ordering so much stuff, I would get packages in the mail and completely had forgotten I'd ordered a record, tape or disc.

I figured at that point I was ordering way too much, and had become far more concerned with quantity than quality. I decided that if I couldn't even remember I had ordered it, I couldn't have wanted the music on the record or disc that badly.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Unless you count "upgrades" from vinyl or tape to CD, I try to avoid "re-buying" albums. If a CD I already have gets reissued, it's gotta include a whole mess of sweet bonus stuff in order to get me to double dip.

Same here, at one time I might have attempted to buy them at one time, but too many albums get the deluxe treatment and I do not want to keep buying the same albums over and over
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here, at one time I might have attempted to buy them at one time, but too many albums get the deluxe treatment and I do not want to keep buying the same albums over and over

I would only re-buy absolute favorites...and even then either the sound has to be insanely better, or the extras have to be extremely enticing. Some live cuts and demo versions of songs already on the album are not gonna cut it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:05 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
You return it, man.

yep. If I am ordering a cd, I would expect it to come in good condition unless I knew ahead of time.

Pretty much sums it up with me as well. And sometimes (in the case of the wrong CD) the Amazon marketplace purchases will just refund the money. Providing you end up with a CD you like, it's a free CD.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying duplicates of same album...   Buying duplicates of same album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying duplicates of same album...
Page 1 of 1