Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?

Go down 
+28
Tur-Thalion
SAHB Healer
AchrisK
stepcousin
DallasBlack
krokus
nevermore
JBall_Z
mc666
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
MetalGuy71
James B.
exact33
Addy
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
rawr!
Wurthless
EmoElmo
adrian
ultmetal
Required Fields
HeavyMetal
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 pm

The first time I listen to a new CD, I like to listen from beginning to end. I'll normally play solitaire on the computer or surf the web while listening to it. Sometimes I'll get on the tread mill and walk for an hour while listening. The more the music draws my attention away from whatever I'm doing, the better I like the album. It's kind of a system. An average album will be relegated to background music. A great album makes you stop whatever you are doing and say, "wow, this is really good!"
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:53 pm

It depends. Sometimes I listen while surfing the web, cleaning house or whatever. I do listen while driving to work too. I'm usually more of an album listener but there are times I just listen to certain songs.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:21 pm

HeavyMetal wrote:
Cool stuff, my friends! It seems the car is where most people tend to get their daily influx of music.

Do you all mostly listen to full albums beginning to end, or do you tend to use the shuffle option?

from beginning to end. I like to play albums as they were intended.

krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 pm

When its a new release i like to play it when i am alone, in a room reading the lirics or just listening to the music. When its just a record i already played a couple of times i just listen to it when i am playing with my daughter, when i am surfing on the computer, when i am in the car, in the kitchen, having a shower etc...I try to play at least 6 or 7 records a day.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I listen while I Work, Drive, Workout/Cardio, Clean House, just about anything.

Pretty much me right there. However, I always use my MP3 Player and sometimes my computer. Back in the day I would actually sit down and just listen to music but these days I almost always listen while doing things (even watching shows on TV).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:47 pm

HeavyMetal wrote:

Do you all mostly listen to full albums beginning to end, or do you tend to use the shuffle option?

I'm an "album guy," always have been. I don't even own an MP3 player. Before I leave for work in the AM, I grab a dozen or so CDs at random out of my cabinet and those are my listening choices for the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:02 pm

when on my computer I mostly listen to vinyl. In the car it's CD's. At work or on my bike, it's my iPod or my Creative MP3 player.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:03 pm

My main music evaluation time is in the car on the way to and fro work. For the last couple of years I have been almost exclusively listening to new stuff, because I got too much stuff too fast and did not even know a large percentage of my collection very well. I have been perpetuating that situation by continuing to buy new stuff.

I always listen to an album all the way through. For new stuff, I try to listen a couple times in a row. If I cannot decide if it is good enough to keep, I will continue listening to it, and sometime will revert to putting each track on repeat until I can get a sense of what is going on. sometimes this is rewarding, sometimes not.

I am not sure if I am just getting old and have more trouble comprehending music than I used to, or if there is just a lot of average music out there.

I was rewarded for my trouble in The Faceless - Planetary Duality.

I had no trouble determining that I liked the following recently:
These Are They - Disposing of Betrayers
Assaulter - Boundless
Black Anvil - Time Insults the Mind

I was surprised that no matter how much I listened to an Obscura album, I always came up with the conclusion that I didn't like them, even though I kept wanting to.

I am contantly analyzing music and my opinion of it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:23 pm

New aquisitions go right from the mailbox at the end of the driveway into the truck CD player, and spin on my way to work (an hour round trip so it works out pretty well). I usually give them about three rotations before they get filed. Good ones go one the Ipod, average ones go into the stacks, and bad ones are sold or given away.
At work I listen to Ipod a lot, full of tried and true music.
On weekends if I have a couple of drinks I'll dig out a classic "go-to" album and crank it up on the big speakers.
I have mix cd's of relaxing music (melodic rock & metal) that I've made, I'll listen to those sometimes on a Wave player as I drift off to sleep.

One advantage to getting old is that there is a lot of stuff I forgot I had, and I've been revisiting lately and rediscovering, it's easy on the budget.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm

With new music I do listen to it right away all the way through. It's always on my computer. I like to keep listening to new music a number of times during the first week or two, so that I can absorb it and get the hang of it.

Otherwise, like many others here I tend to listen to music by album. Occasionally I'll skip around from song to song, but I rarely use shuffle.

I rarely listen to music and do nothing else. Most frequently I'm studying while I listen to music, and that has been my habit since high school and through several graduate degrees. It'll be interesting to see how my listening habits change when I finally finish school.
Back to top Go down
steelerbrian
Metal novice
Metal novice
steelerbrian

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 12:02 am

housework
Back to top Go down
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:03 am

HeavyMetal wrote:
Cool stuff, my friends! It seems the car is where most people tend to get their daily influx of music.

99% of the time i play a full album from beginning to end.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Primarily while driving, but it makes the housework a lot easier to tackle.

As far albums vs shuffle, I listen to albums/discographies on shuffle, but tend to avoid the entire iPod on shuffle as the variety in music on it is too varied and what I listen to and when is very mood dependent.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23270

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

I'm an "album guy," always have been. I don't even own an MP3 player. Before I leave for work in the AM, I grab a dozen or so CDs at random out of my cabinet and those are my listening choices for the day.

same here. I normally take 10 cds to work with me.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:14 pm

At work on the computer,at home I'll listen to the stereo while cleaning,on my ipod while mowing grass,in the garage on my boombox.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
HeavyMetal wrote:

same here. I normally take 10 cds to work with me.

I've got a portable case that holds 24 cds. I usually load it up Sunday night, then take it with me for my music fix for the week.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm listening to music all the time. While I'm at work, driving to and from work, working out, watching tv (haha, mostly when it's sports), doing housework, etc. I use the shuffle here and there, but I'm mostly playing albums.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:49 pm

I too often listen to music while watching TV (mainly to make up for the music I'm not listening to at work). However, since I started watching my Benny Hill DVDs, I've had to frequently pause it for the musical numbers (which is over 50% of his material).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?   What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Do You Do While Listening To An Album/Albums?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2