Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band

Go down 
+2
Required Fields
glassprison
6 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Empty
PostSubject: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 9:49 pm

An obvious one would be Zeppelin's "Houses of the Holy," although the band wrote the song with the intention of putting it on the album of the same title before deciding against it.

Dokken has a few of these: "Long Way Home" on Dysfunctional, which later served as an album title. "Shadows of Life" from Dysfunctional is close enough too. And, of course, "Lighting Strikes Again" on Under Lock and Key

What else comes to mind?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Flotsam & Jetsam have a song called "Dreams of Death" on their sophomore album No Place for Disgrace. Many years later, they released an album called Dreams of Death.

Razor released an album called Open Hostility, and their next album, Decibels, had a song called Open Hostility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 pm

The Doors have an album titled 'Waiting for the Sun' but the actual song itself did not appear til 'Morrison Hotel'
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Whiplash released an album called Ticket to Mayhem in 1987. In 1989, they released an album called Insult to Injury, with a track titled "Ticket to Mayhem".

Nuclear Assault's debut album was Game Over in 1986. In 1987, they released an EP called The Plague, and the opening track was titled "Game Over".

Def Leppard's full length debut was On Through the Night, and "On Through the Night" was the name of a song on their next album, High 'n' Dry.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 7:33 pm

helix first album was breaking loose but the song breaking loose showed up on their next album white lace and black leather...
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 11:36 pm

Queen released the album Sheer Heart Attack, but the song with that title appeared three albums later on News of the World.

And then prog band Landmarq seemed to like doing this. For their first three albums - Solitary Witness, Infinity Parade, The Vision Pit - the song with that title only showed up on the next album. It was only with their fourth album that they started putting the title track on the same album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 2:42 am

Testament - The Legacy
Rage - Secrets in a Weird World

Edit: nevermind, those are songs named after an album, not the other way around, so scratch that
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 9:21 am

Vice versa is permitted as well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Is it? Original post asks for album titles.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Underneath it says "and vice versa" on the topics page.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:42 pm

I see it now.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:23 pm

Although I don't know if this would count, Demolition Hammer titled their first demo Skull Fracturing Nightmare. There was no song on it by that title, although their second album, Epidemic of Violence, opens up with a song called Skull Fracturing Nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band   Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums titled after a song on another album by the same band
Page 1 of 1