Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Return of... DELIVERANCE

Go down 
+26
powermacho
deathisgain
SpectreFate
Zze
James B.
krail
Lurideath
Thrasher73
kethdredd
Rami Airola
Dave the Boss
DallasBlack
Addy
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Sutekh
exact33
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
BillRoxx
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Interesting. I never knew that. I also didn't realize how much JPB played in early deliverance. I thought it was mainly Rogers and then Philips.

No, Jimmy has always had a guitarist doing a lot of the lead work, it was Larry Farkas (early demos), Glenn Rogers (first album), then George Ochoa (Weapons & Joke), then Mike Phillips (Stay and Intense Live Series), then Jon Maddux (Learn/River Disturbance)...Mike Phillips came back for "As Above, So Below" and their latest. In between River and As Above Jimmy went through any number of guitarist and keyboard players including guitarist Marcus Colon for a spell.
fainting How could I forget George! My two favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Sounds good from that track.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:29 am

I cant wait to hear the other tracks Deliverance is doing a cover by one of my favorite bands Sombrance dunno which tune but I just cant wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Marcus Colon was in the band in the early days as well for a short spell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:35 pm

I wonder if Deliverance ever covered "Queen of the Ryche" during a soundcheck? It would be cool to hear a heavy thrash version.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 am

Id love to see D do a covers album, I know in the past Deliverance has covered David Bowie's Space Oddity and other Bowie classics with the J6 project he covered Ziggy Stardust that was pretty cool....

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 am

Addy wrote:
Id love to see D do a covers album, I know in the past Deliverance has covered David Bowie's Space Oddity and other Bowie classics with the J6 project he covered Ziggy Stardust that was pretty cool....

The cover of Daniel Amos's Horrendous Disc and Steve Taylor's On the Fritz were excellent as well.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:49 am

Both of those covers are really good...especially the DA cover.

I always liked their version of "Sanctuary" as well...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 am

They also did cool versions of Bowie's "Beauty & The Beast" and Stryper's "Solders Under Command"...but I can't find those on YT...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:40 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Both of those covers are really good...especially the DA cover.

I always liked their version of "Sanctuary" as well...

good call. I always forget about that one.

BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:47 am

When they played live at Extreme Mardi Gras they covered Raining Blood and it sounded phoenomenal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 12:11 pm

That cover of Sanctuary is one of my favorite songs by them.
Back to top Go down
krail
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 am

huh, the only song i've heard from DELIVERANCE!!!!! was a steve taylor cover and that was most certainly not thrash or speed in any way. i must, must indeed give these boys a shot.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:08 am

BillRoxx wrote:
When they played live at Extreme Mardi Gras they covered Raining Blood and it sounded phoenomenal!

yeppers, that was worth the prce of admission and the 5 hour drive

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

krail wrote:
huh, the only song i've heard from DELIVERANCE!!!!! was a steve taylor cover and that was most certainly not thrash or speed in any way. i must, must indeed give these boys a shot.

Get the s/t, Weapons Of Our Warfare, and Stay Of Execution.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:22 am

exact33 wrote:
Addy wrote:

The cover of Daniel Amos's Horrendous Disc and Steve Taylor's On the Fritz were excellent as well.

Ive never heard them do On the Fritz but that tribute album is on my wishlist on RYM hehe, I have loved alot of the D covers Surrender, Horrendus Disk, Sanctuary, Jehova Jirah, Beauty & The Beast (david bowie cover). I remember years ago Jimmy had posted a bunch of songs he had covered live through the D legacy and I remember thinking MAN I would have loved to have heard that
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
krail wrote:

Get the s/t, Weapons Of Our Warfare, and Stay Of Execution.

Agreed if youre into the speed/thrash this is a very good recommendation I generally am not into Thrash and Speed Metal but I LOVE deliverance. But if you only had enough greenbacks for one Id choose either the ST or Weapons first
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 6:26 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
That cover of Sanctuary is one of my favorite songs by them.

Mine too, I went and got the Daniel Amos album that has Sanctuary which I think is Vox Humana and the original is good too but I like the cover better Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
They also did cool versions of Bowie's "Beauty & The Beast" and Stryper's "Solders Under Command"...but I can't find those on YT...

Heres the Stryper cover Shawn

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:06 pm

The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 83628 for those of you that skip my thread about my HubPages blog entries...

This is kinda cool.

I wrote a piece about the forthcoming new Deliverance album recently and the band liked it so much that they showed it some love on their official site, their Facebook, and their Twitter feed today... check it, yo.

http://deliverancerocks.com/awesome-blog-post-by-fatfreddyscat/

*Thanx to Bill Roxx for passing along my piece to the proper authorities in the D camp.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:47 pm

THAT'S AWESOME BRO! GOOD JOB MAN!! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks T-Roy.

I've never been "Twittered" before. It kinda tickles. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

That's cool. headbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
That's cool. headbanger

I'm havin' a "fanboy moment!" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Return of... DELIVERANCE
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next