Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Return of... DELIVERANCE

Go down 
+26
powermacho
deathisgain
SpectreFate
Zze
James B.
krail
Lurideath
Thrasher73
kethdredd
Rami Airola
Dave the Boss
DallasBlack
Addy
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
Sutekh
exact33
thejokeriv
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
BillRoxx
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
There's a sneaky peek of the album cover on Blabbermouth!

The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Deliveranceannals

Hmm. Old school "D" logo, Grim Reaper lookin' dude ... looks thrashy to me.

it is a cool looking cover but they did use the old school D logo on As Above.

Aw crap, you're right... Thanks for pissin' in my Cheerios. The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 10:24 pm

The one song I heard is sure to please old school D fans. Only thing that sounds like more modern D are the vocals. Jimmy isn't doing those higher pitch vox like he did on Weapons. The song was played on a radio show today. Seems like people were liking the song. People at the CMR are saying good things.

elecguitardude27 wrote:
Just heard the new track. Beastly!! Sherlock is absolutely insane! And the breakdown/solo...... Shocked

Jimmy sounds great here too, a little like Eli from the Sacrificed which is a great thing. And its Thrash!!

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:
Yep, I just heard it, too. It's definitely Deliverance playing thrash. Nice tune.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Aw crap, you're right... Thanks for pissin' in my Cheerios. The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 19976

anytime. I didnt think you would notice the difference given your beer of choice Razz

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:37 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

anytime. I didnt think you would notice the difference given your beer of choice Razz
oh that was low. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 pm

Anyway to hear the new D track?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Looking forward to this! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:23 pm

[quote="Addy"]Anyway to hear the new D track?[/quote

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mikepope/2012/07/22/beyond-the-riff

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The one song I heard is sure to please old school D fans. Only thing that sounds like more modern D are the vocals. Jimmy isn't doing those higher pitch vox like he did on Weapons. The song was played on a radio show today. Seems like people were liking the song. People at the CMR are saying good things.

elecguitardude27 wrote:
Just heard the new track. Beastly!! Sherlock is absolutely insane! And the breakdown/solo...... Shocked

Jimmy sounds great here too, a little like Eli from the Sacrificed which is a great thing. And its Thrash!!

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:
Yep, I just heard it, too. It's definitely Deliverance playing thrash. Nice tune.

I am pretty surprised to be honest. The song is pretty good.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 pm

[quote="exact33"]
Addy wrote:
Anyway to hear the new D track?[/quote

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mikepope/2012/07/22/beyond-the-riff

It's at the 112:45 mark for those that don;t want to sort through the whole show
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 pm

exact33 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

elecguitardude27 wrote:

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:

I am pretty surprised to be honest. The song is pretty good.

Agree - good song and I was surprised. It's more trash than anything they have done in a long time
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:37 am

Sounds pretty decent actually!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 am

Dave the Boss wrote:

I could only get the first :30 to play. The player kept skipping and pausing. The opening riff sounded promising though.

Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

I could only get the first :30 to play. The player kept skipping and pausing. The opening riff sounded promising though.

It happened live on the show. The song kept on stopping and skipping to the beginning but eventually they were able to play it through.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:03 pm

This sounds pretty good to my ears, fast forward to about 4:30 left in the podcast and you can hear the song in its entirety.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:42 am

The song sounds good very reminiscent of the early era cant wait for the album
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 am

Liking what I'm hearing. The addition of Jayson Sherlock on drums is a genius move.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am

Sounds killer! Can't wait for the full release!

I was pleasantly surprised at As Above So Below. It was D's heaviest since SOE. And this seems to continue progressing from that. Vocals sound awesome. They're definitely returning to their roots.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:55 am

That is sounding great. Looking forward to hearing the rest of it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Liking what I'm hearing. The addition of Jayson Sherlock on drums is a genius move.

I think the whole Lineup is genuis, Jimmy shredding on the heavy lead guitar, with Mr Mike Phillips backing him up also an awesome guitarist, Mr Manny Morales on Bass and Jayson Sherlock on Drums I had goosebumps when I originally read this. I would love it if this album does well and they can tour Id love to see D live again
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Are there people who would put Jimmy before Phillips as far as guitar skill? Is that the case? I kind of thought that's what was missing from pretty much between Learn and AASB.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:03 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Are there people who would put Jimmy before Phillips as far as guitar skill? Is that the case? I kind of thought that's what was missing from pretty much between Learn and AASB.

Depends on what skill you are talking about. Mike is a shredder and can play very intricate stuff, fast and technical solos and such. However, Jimmy is an incredible rhythm player and can downpick quickly and accurately. In this category he is quicker than Mike, or so Mike has told me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Jimmy is definitely the better rhythm player. Just listen to the early Deliverance albums vs Mike's solo record.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:59 am

Interesting. I never knew that. I also didn't realize how much JPB played in early deliverance. I thought it was mainly Rogers and then Philips.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:17 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Interesting. I never knew that. I also didn't realize how much JPB played in early deliverance. I thought it was mainly Rogers and then Philips.

No, Jimmy has always had a guitarist doing a lot of the lead work, it was Larry Farkas (early demos), Glenn Rogers (first album), then George Ochoa (Weapons & Joke), then Mike Phillips (Stay and Intense Live Series), then Jon Maddux (Learn/River Disturbance)...Mike Phillips came back for "As Above, So Below" and their latest. In between River and As Above Jimmy went through any number of guitarist and keyboard players including guitarist Marcus Colon for a spell.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 2:15 pm

I listened to the track again and I think it has a lot of potential if the music is similar on the rest of the album.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Return of... DELIVERANCE   The Return of... DELIVERANCE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Return of... DELIVERANCE
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next