Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Return To Forever

Go down 
+25
nevermore
springozzy
ResedaCountryClub
Thelemech
Witchfinder
Boris2008
ultmetal
Dark Horseman
corplhicks
exact33
mr.electric39
tohostudios
martinsane
manny
thejokeriv
glassprison
Troublezone
kethdredd
Eyesore
Gilbert
mc666
brokentulsa
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scorpions - Return To Forever Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:57 am

Scorpions - Return To Forever Scorpionsretunrtoforevercd

German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS will release their new album, "Return To Forever", on February 23 in Europe, according to the band's French fan club Crazyscorps.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. Going Out With A Bang
02. We Built This House
03. Rock My Car
04. House Of Cards
05. All For One
06. Rock 'N' Roll Band
07. Catch Your Luck And Play
08. Rollin' Home
09. Hard Rockin' The Place
10. Eye Of The Storm
11. The Scratch
12. Gypsy Life
13. The World We Used To Know (bonus deluxe edition)
14. Dancing With The Moonlight (bonus deluxe edition)
15. When The Truth Is A Lie (bonus deluxe edition)
16. Who We Are (bonus deluxe edition)
17. Delirious (bonus iTunes)

Formats:

* CD standard: 12 songs, 12 page booklet
* Limited edition: 24 page booklet, 4 bonus songs
* LP limited edition: Double LP (12 songs)
* 50th Birthday box: limited collector's edition with ecobook (16 songs) + 2CD
* Audiobook (interviews track by track), t-shirt exclusive, post-card, EP, USB key, pass backstage

Speaking to Crazyscorps on October 23, SCORPIONS vocalist Klaus Meine stated about the progress of the recording sessions for the band's next studio album: "When we started a few years ago, when we thought about this album, to put out something for our diehard fans, we were thinking about maybe we'd find some good material [from] back in the '80s, and find some old diamonds and pearls [that were never fully fleshed out], and we did. But between 2011 and now, and even this year, the songwriting process has still been strong as a songwriting team. This is something, after so many years, that makes you feel really good about it. Because, with all those anniversaries around, there is hardly [any incentive] to put any music, and that's what we will do. There will be an album out next year, and it's not so much about old material, it's much more about a new album and new stuff, new songs."

He continued: "We started [the new album writing process by] going back to the '80s and we picked some songs that were never finished, really, songs with working lyrics only. But some of those were pretty strong compositions, with great energy and stuff. And we picked some of them up. But, in the end, I think, we have a great balance between some of those '80s songs, like this early material — and those songs were never really finished and that was the reason they were never released…. Actually, I think we have two songs from the 'MTV Unplugged' where we said they would be cool if they would be on the album as electric versions, and the rest is all new. And that's a pretty good balance, I think."

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am

Awesome, a band I can always look forward to,
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 am

Looking forward to this album...since I only see a European release date does that mean the US fans will have to purchase it as an import?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:39 pm

If it's close to Unbreakable or Humanity Hour 1, I'll be happy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:48 pm

I still haven't heard Humanity Hour 1 yet, but thought Unbreakable was really good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:50 pm

007 wrote:
I still haven't heard Humanity Hour 1 yet, but thought Unbreakable was really good.

It was a little different, but the songs were still great.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 pm

great news as usual. saw these guys live, twice.

hope it is heavy material.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 12:47 am

http://www.amazon.de/We-Built-This-House/dp/B00QW0X202

Snippet, but it sounds good.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 am

I really liked Sting in the Tail. Looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 7:56 am

Looking forward to it! I want them to have a really great album to bookend their career. The style they play isn't too complex or heavy that they couldn't keep going on for a bit longer...
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:07 am

Quote :

Me too. I'm just glad they are not going out on Comeblack or that live acoustic album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 4:32 pm

New song:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 5:43 pm

This band is honestly tired and out of ideas. I respect their legacy, but the last time they made a good album for me was three decades ago.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Painkiller wrote:
This band is honestly tired and out of ideas.

Says the guy whose posts are 100% predictable.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:59 pm

posted song offers nothing special. hope the rest of the album is better.

I need some heavy songs like alien nation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:17 am

Eyesore wrote:
Says the guy whose posts are 100% predictable.
Oh, look. Someone already found something to quote about me. I didn't see that one coming. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 am

I know I will eventually buy it
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 6:44 pm

That song could very easily have been on Love At First Sting.

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 7:33 pm

kethdredd wrote:
I really liked Sting in the Tail.  Looking forward to this one.

I liked Sting in the Tail a lot too. This new song is a little weak, not bad, but it sounds like deliberate "single material" to me. I hope the rest of the album is a little "heavier".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 am

mc666 wrote:

I couldnt agree more!!! Unbreakable is a top five disc for me from them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:13 am

I'm a casual fan of the Scorps, so my opinion is a bit skewed, but that new tune was kinda lame. Not terrible or anything, but nothing that made me excited for a new album.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 3:41 pm

i like it. I thought Sting in the Tail was really good and hope this is more of that.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 4:12 pm

It doesn't sound at all like the giant turd AKA eye 2 eye so I will picking this up!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 4:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm a casual fan of the Scorps, so my opinion is a bit skewed, but that new tune was kinda lame. Not terrible or anything, but nothing that made me excited for a new album.

Yeah. Sounds under-powered, safe, a bit generic...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 2:22 am

Sample the entire album!

https://www.facebook.com/Scorpions/app_1374262189556939

Sounds really good. Definitely the most old-school-sounding album they've done in a long long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Return To Forever   Scorpions - Return To Forever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Return To Forever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next