Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?

Go down 
+20
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Sutekh
sheets
martinsane
Citanul
jettafiend
DallasBlack
Required Fields
adrian
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
manny
Shawn Of Fire
Leatherface
EmoElmo
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:03 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
The Dark Knight, w/ Bale and Ledger, is THE best "hero" movie ever made...everyone else can suck it.

I don't know...

I dig Bale, but Mike Keaton was a kick arse Batman imho.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:06 am

The Dark Knight was phenomenal. My only gripe was how the Joker was able to plan for every single little contingency.

But..... I still think The AVENGERS was the best of the comic moives I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:07 am

Pffft. This is the one tr00 arcane steele Batman ehehehehehehehe

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Adam_west_batman

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am

007 wrote:
The Dark Knight was phenomenal. My only gripe was how the Joker was able to plan for every single little contingency.

Just like Batman...evil geniuses are like that.

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Thedarkknight80

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:34 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
007 wrote:

Just like Batman...evil geniuses are like that.

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Thedarkknight80

Ledger was fantastic. Best performance of the Joker as far as I'm concerned. Too bad he passed away. If he hadn't, I'd imagine he would have returned in this latest installment.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

What made Ledger's Joker different was that everyone else who's ever played the Joker (Nicholson, Romero) has always played him as crazy, but funny crazy. Ledger played him scary crazy. His Joker was like "Alex" from "A Clockwork Orange" wearing clown paint.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
What made Ledger's Joker different was that everyone else who's ever played the Joker (Nicholson, Romero) has always played him as crazy, but funny crazy. Ledger played him scary crazy. His Joker was like "Alex" from "A Clockwork Orange" wearing clown paint.

Because, IMO, the "real" Joker IS "scary crazy"...I absolutely LOVED Ledger's performance...his 3 main monologues in the film are brilliant.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Because, IMO, the "real" Joker IS "scary crazy"...I absolutely LOVED Ledger's performance...his 3 main monologues in the film are brilliant.

Oh yeah, he was awesome, no doubt. It was a fantastic performance. I remember when I watched "Dark Knight" w/my wife, she was visibly creeped out anytime Ledger was onscreen. Haha.

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Oh yeah, he was awesome, no doubt. It was a fantastic performance. I remember when I watched "Dark Knight" w/my wife, she was visibly creeped out anytime Ledger was onscreen. Haha.

I did love how they injected bits of humor into his psychopathy...like when his remote detonator froze up...he was banging it on his hand trying to get it to work then was surprised at the explosion. Or when the explosions stopped and he turned around to look at the hospital and threw up his arms like "Really? That's it?"

lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

... yeah, or when he "made the pencil disappear"... hahaha!!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Beat me to it. I was just about to post something about that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:50 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Beat me to it. I was just about to post something about that.

I loved it when he went "Ta daaa!!" Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I guess I'll get around the new Spider-Man and Batman movies eventually on dvd. Just don't have much interest in the new Spider-Man, and after seeing it in the theater I haven't made it through a single viewing of The Dark Knight, which is just too dull and po-faced for my tastes.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 pm

My only gripe in TDK was Magie Gylenhaal, sure she can act ...but Katie Holmes did a fine job projecting her character better, coz in every superhero movie there's supposed to to be an eye-candy. I'm still baffled why Nolan didn't cast an attractive woman who can act , Magie was like Bruce Wayne's aunt

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:06 pm

I will see The Dark Knight this weekend. I wanted to go to the double feature drive-in but it's playing with that stupid flash mob movie crap. Last weekend I wanted to see the new Ice Age there but it was playing with that damned Katy Perry documentary. It seems most of the time any two good movies play together, I can't go. However, if I have a free weekend then no two movies play together I want to see.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Ledger was truly unsettling as the Joker, and had the ability to become the character. Too often in these big movies you have actors 'playing' the character, usually in line with the public perception of them. With Ledger though, the actor disappeared into the character, so you were convinced that that was who he was. Scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:56 pm

He did do one hell of a job. However, for sentimental and nostalgia reasons I prefer Jack's portrayal. Though comparing the two is like comparing apples and oragnes.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
He did do one hell of a job. However, for sentimental and nostalgia reasons I prefer Jack's portrayal. Though comparing the two is like comparing apples and oragnes.

Jack's a great actor but he was just too "Jack Nicholson" for my liking, you know the accent, the facial expression, you see him like that everytime whereas Heath exuded brilliance, and that's the mark of a great actor
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I refer you to my last statement. They were different portrayals of a character (who also what I found out from research changes from series to series in the comics) so it's not really fair to compare the two. IMO both did a great job of taking the Joker character and made him their own.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:07 pm

As long as we're comparing Jokers, I gotta give some props for Mark "Star Wars" Hamill, who voiced the Joker for several years on the excellent Batman: The Animated Series.

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 JokerMHBTAS

Plus, Hamill's Joker had Harley Quinn as his sidekick, and she was awesome.
Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Harleyquinn02

Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As long as we're comparing Jokers, I gotta give some props for Mark "Star Wars" Hamill, who voiced the Joker for several years on the excellent Batman: The Animated Series.

Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 JokerMHBTAS

Plus, Hamill's Joker had Harley Quinn as his sidekick, and she was awesome.
Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Harleyquinn02
That series was great, as were Spiderman and X-Men
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 am

EmoElmo wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Jack's a great actor but he was just too "Jack Nicholson" for my liking, you know the accent, the facial expression, you see him like that everytime whereas Heath exuded brilliance, and that's the mark of a great actor

That's my point. Nicholson was great playing the Joker, Ledger became the Joker. You're right, though, it is apples and oranges, as the films were stylistically and tonally very different.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

Not a fan of the Bat, I may see 'Amazing Spider Man' this weekend. I loved a lot about the second movie, Dr. Octopus, the best Spidey villian behind Osborn...but yeah, again, Kirsten Dunst Mary Jane..not feeling that...
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:11 am

Sutekh wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

That's my point. Nicholson was great playing the Joker, Ledger became the Joker. You're right, though, it is apples and oranges, as the films were stylistically and tonally very different.

Yeah, Ledger was unrecognizable as himself...Jack was obviously Jack...like his Shining or Cuckoo's Nest characters in Joker makeup.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 10:21 am

Quote :
Yeah, Ledger was unrecognizable as himself

Good point. Up until that movie, I never really gave the dude the time of day. I knew who he was, but didn't give him much thought one way or another. After seeing him as the Joker, I was impressed with the performance. He became the character.

PostSubject: Re: Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?   Spidey didn't live up to the hype,  are you pumped -up for  Dark Knight Rises? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spidey didn't live up to the hype, are you pumped -up for Dark Knight Rises?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next